KTM 1290 GT used ?!!

pros911

Salut, je suis en train de regarder pour acheter une moto cet été

j'ai regarder pas mal la FZ-09 mais on ma dit que si je veux en faire pas mal avec ma blonde c'est pas une moto trop trop plaisante a 2...
donc j'ai vu un bon deal sur une KTM 1290 GT on s'entend c'est pas la même affaire pentoute mais le torque est la j'ai regarder pas mal de review et ya pas mal jamais rien de négatif dessus j'aurais aimé regarder les pris dans le used mais j'en trouve pas ?! ya tu une raison ?! c tu parce que le monde qui en ont acheter les vendent pas ou ya juste personne qui en ont acheté ?!
c'est quoi la fiabilité de KTM sur ste moto la ?
139428_1290-super-duke-gt-my-2016.jpg

C'est quand même 2 gamme de motos pas mal différentes, une qui vaux pas toute à fait 10k$ et l'autre 20k$...

Ceci dit, la FZ-09 a certainement quelques défaut mais ne pas être agréable pour 2 personnes... certainement pas pire que la 1290GT. Comme la 2ième est un bike à 20k$, elle a des gizmo d'ajustement de suspension automatique pour rouler à deux. Je sais pas à quel point ta back-seat est pas peureuse mais avant que ça fasse une différence, elle risque de t'arracher le cuir de sur la peaux.

Un bon top case avec un dossier, va rendre la FZ09 pas mal mieux pour une fraction du prix. Regarde aussi du côté de la FJ09, les défaults de la FZ de permière génération sont pas mal tout réglés sur ce modèle et ça se compare mieux à la 1290GT

ya un bon deal sur un 1290 en se moment a 15k+tx flambette et garentie c'est pour sa que jla regarde sinon j'y penserais meme pas...
la fz-09 sta plus pour moi que j'lachèterais mais jpa sur que c'est faite pour la longue route j'compte faire des bonne ride avec a backseat genre gaspé, nouveau-Brunswick etc.. en plus que ma backseat est quand meme peureuse avant on roulais avec la moto du beau-pere (ST 1100) pi des fois a l'avait peur jme dit que la 1290 gt est plus proche dla 1100 que dla fz-09

À 15k$, ça doit être un modèle des années passé, le 1290GT 2018 est 21 500$... check le prix des accessoires aussi ça va te prendre un bon top case avec un back-rest alors... peu importe le modèle.

Moi les bike avec trop d'électronique... pas certain et la KTM GT en déborde.

C'est indéniable que c'est un meilleurs bike mais si tu choisis pour les fois où tu vas être 2, IMO c'est overkill avec une passagère pas téméraire.

Je pense à la même utilisation que toi pour des longues balades avec ma blonde et c'est vraiment le concours 14 dans l'usagé qui me semble le plus intéressant. Entre 8-10k il y a des belles offres et les deux on serait confortable (comparativement au fz ou 1290) et en masse de torque.

À 15k$, ça doit être un modèle des années passé, le 1290GT 2018 est 21 500$... check le prix des accessoires aussi ça va te prendre un bon top case avec un back-rest alors... peu importe le modèle.

Moi les bike avec trop d'électronique... pas certain et la KTM GT en déborde.

C'est indéniable que c'est un meilleurs bike mais si tu choisis pour les fois où tu vas être 2, IMO c'est overkill avec une passagère pas téméraire.
oui model 2016 mais ya pas grand différence
pour le case avec back rest c sur sa m'en prend un dans les 2 cas
c'est ce qui me fait peur ktm niveau fiabilité j'ai aucune idée
mais le fz-09 2018 a aussi pas mal d'électronique.. ya juste pas la suspension adaptative et les pognés chauffantes

et pour le concour 14 c'est vraiment pas dans les style que j'aime niveau look mais jte l'accorde j'imagine que c'est l'idéal pour longue route

I haven't posted on here in months, but I reactivated my account just to tell you to stay the fuck away from a SDGT.

1. They have horrible resale value, which is why it's as cheap as it is. They didn't even import it for 2018 the sales were so bad.
2. WARRANTY: Check out section 3 for the warranty on your iKtm. https://www.ktm.com/globalassets/service/usa/2017/2017-ktm-canada-motorcycle-warranty_en.pdf
3. International shipping restrictions, mean you can't order from anyone outside of Canada, and the dealers here are fuckin' SHIT.

Source: I finally sold my Duke 690 after the most toxic love/hate relationship i've ever seen.

I haven't posted on here in months, but I reactivated my account just to tell you to stay the fuck away from a SDGT.

1. They have horrible resale value, which is why it's as cheap as it is. They didn't even import it for 2018 the sales were so bad.
2. WARRANTY: Check out section 3 for the warranty on your iKtm. https://www.ktm.com/globalassets/service/usa/2017/2017-ktm-canada-motorcycle-warranty_en.pdf
3. International shipping restrictions, mean you can't order from anyone outside of Canada, and the dealers here are fuckin' SHIT.

Source: I finally sold my Duke 690 after the most toxic love/hate relationship i've ever seen.

How's that? What happened?

À part peut être une goldwing, tous les bikes vont être inconfortables à deux pour des voyages. Ça s'endure, mais on ne peut pas vraiment parler de confort.

That section 3 is a joke, but the small claims judge will also laugh at that clause and apply the legal warranty anyways (on electronics and usually covered accessories at least)

Did you find a new bike to replace the KTM?

for your #1 why is the resale value is bad it look like a good bike ? also i don't see any used for sale at all :\
#2 wtf how can they even do that it's probably illegal?!

There aren't many used ones for sale because so few sold. It's an extremely niche bike. 22k touring bike, most people go with the BMW.

As far as the warranty, you sign a legal document stating you're ok with it.

My odyssey with my KTM (2013 690 Duke) is a long fuckin' story of an incredible bike below 90km. You could enter a line on the inside, pass someone on the outside and get back inside a line like you were going 10. It stopped on a dime, and the upright seating meant you could see everything. It was the ultimate urban commuter.

Here's the problem. It took 4k in aftermarket to make it that way. Stock, it's unrideable below 10. surges and bucks. The rear suspension is shit. Rebound is horrible and it would launch you up 1/4 into an apex and scare the shit out of you. 0 balls after 100km. I'm talking 150hp car type acceleration. Vibrates like fuckin crazy.

But the worst part was the service. The closest dealer shut down that was KTM specific, and everyone else is those big mega dealers. I had to drive 120km EACH WAY to get a fucking oil filter for it. (There are 2 per bike, and oil is 32$ a liter.) You can't order any parts from the states or europe, and the only online place in canada is gone.

Part on your bike broke? no problem, we'll just call Austria and have them make it, should only be a few months...

I bought a street triple.

It's a bit weird to get a niche touring bike that you can be pretty sure to not be able to fix on the road...

The riding aspect of KTMs is incredible. The bottom end grunt the 690 had in the city was ridiculous. I've also heard of more than a dozen cases on LC4s blowing up at 10k.

It's also a non rebuildable bottom end. Nikasil coated cylinder means only a new jug will go. Oh, and don't forget the rockers that explode at random. 5k or 50k? who knows.

The riding aspect of KTMs is incredible. The bottom end grunt the 690 had in the city was ridiculous. I've also heard of more than a dozen cases on LC4s blowing up at 10k.

It's also a non rebuildable bottom end. Nikasil coated cylinder means only a new jug will go. Oh, and don't forget the rockers that explode at random. 5k or 50k? who knows.

I went to the KTM demo ride last week-end and tested a SuperDuke 1290... it's a crazy beast. I understand why they are so appealing and why moto journalists love them so much... they never have to deal with owning them.

Damn kinda sad to hear that, I guess I'll look more into the fz-09 specially since the nearest ktm is at 130km from my house :( any other suggestion? I want a fun bike when i ride alone and an okay bike for long rides, i had an zxr636 befor if thats help

Around 10 to 15k+tx for new and less than 10k for used also the nearest dealer are kawasaki yamaha honda aprilia .. might look at the aprilia shiver 900

Nope doesnt like the front of the bike and also the seat is rock hard(i know it can be changed but still)

Back