Bubble on Pirelli - have you ever seen that?

lostastronaut

Hi folks,

new to this forum, but use to be on MSC. The subbi is gone, new golf R 18 is in, so here i am!

While buying the car i got some winter tires. I'm a blizzak or nokian fan, but dealer only had pirelli. Well they are supposed to be a high-end brand so why not. See what happened below. A bubble popped from the side, I swear i did not hit anything. The mag is flawless and i only drove 3000 km. Have you ever seen that? What's worst is Pirelli and the dealer refuse to threat that under warranty even if I did not hit the damn wheel.

in any case, looking forward to post on the /vw subforum.

20180422_132008.jpg

20180422_131952.jpg

Sure, I've seen similar problems. You should get it swapped out ASAP.

A pothole could've caused that.

You should try to escalate your complaint w/ Pirelli. Maybe you can negotiate a discount for a replacement tire.

the suspension on the R is so good that even if u hit something... u may not feel it

anyway... i dont like pirelli... i find they bubble alot on the sidewalls ....

I had the same thing on my volt after like 1000km

Had to pay a new tire out of pocket.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Personnellement je vendrais le set... J'ai eu des Pirelli d'hiver SUV et j'ai vraiment mais vraiment pas aimé...aucune adhérence
C'est comique d'entendre ça car ma courtoisie, une 2019, était sur des pirelli d'hiver et c'était plus glissant que sur mes altimax de 6 ans d'usure. Même si je d'éteste leur flanc mou, l'adhérence est incroyable pour un pneu cheap.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Like Toze and Joey said, it's a pothole. I had one develop on my HakkaR2s this spring after a nasty pothole on decarie. Get it replaced ASAP, another good pothole and you risk a blowout. If you can't get it done ASAP, rotate it to the rear since the front one that usually gets to worst of things.

having a bubble in a tire and complaining is the same as complaining about gas prices... they know we need tires... not matter what lol

Would the tire company even be able to tell if it was caused by a pothole or if it was just a manufactiring defect?

Pas rapport mais tu avait quelle subaru avant et comment aime tu le changement ? c'est des voitures assez différente!

Not to sound like a dick, but why would the manufacturer replace the tire for free? It's YOUR fault it broke...YOU hit the pothole. It's not a manufacturing defect. The best you can hope for is to get the city to pay for it.

Juste 3000km au moins tu n'auras pas à remplacer un set.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Exactement. Il est chanceux dans sa malchance. J'ai nické un pneu d'hiver Vredestein sur un nid-de-poule quelques centaines de kilomètres seulement après l'achat et j'ai dû payer 200$, mais au moins c'était pas 800$.

Not to sound like a dick, but why would the manufacturer replace the tire for free? It's YOUR fault it broke...YOU hit the pothole. It's not a manufacturing defect. The best you can hope for is to get the city to pay for it.
Tu peux toujours dire que tu n'as pas commis de faute. Rouler à Montréal implique de frapper des nids de poule, même une personne diligente et raisonnable ça lui arrive parfois. Et le manufacturier est obligé de garantir le bien pour une durée raisonnable s'il est utilisé de manière normale. Vu qu'à Montréal les nids de poules sont inévitables, ça devrait être couvert par la garantie légale d'usage normal.
Tu peux aussi plaider que la force majeure (road hasard) doit être prouvée par le vendeur s'il veut l'évoquer.

C'est juste une théorie "avocat du diable" though, je perdrais pas mon temps aux petites créances avec une défense faible de même mais on sait jamais.

Last edited:
Back