Ford gives up on cars in North America. Will only sell CUVs and Trucks

Gregster

Legacy Member
This will bite them in the ass. https://jalopnik.com/ford-will-phase-out-all-its-small-cars-in-north-america-1825544784

The Ford Fusion, Focus, C-Max, Taurus, and Fiesta—all on the way out in North America as Ford transitions its lineup to one that is all but entirely dominated by SUVs, crossovers and trucks, the automaker announced today.

In the coming years, only the Mustang and new Focus Active mini-crossover will be in Ford’s North America lineup, Ford said today in a Q1 financial report.

“Over the next few years, the Ford car portfolio in North America will transition to two vehicles – the best-selling Mustang and the all-new Focus Active crossover coming out next year. The company is also exploring new ‘white space’ vehicle silhouettes that combine the best attributes of cars and utilities, such as higher ride height, space and versatility.”

Additionally, the company said “Given declining consumer demand and product profitability, the company will not invest in next generations of traditional Ford sedans for North America.”

One thing Ford did not say is when this will happen, though it’s fair to assume that it will happen relatively quickly. All of those small cars and sedans are pretty old and due for replacements or at least updates that now won’t happen. It’s also fair to say the future doesn’t look bright for some of our favorite performance cars, like the Fiesta ST, Focus ST and Focus RS.

Ils vont le regretter dans 4-5 ans. On va revoir revenir 1 ou 2 modèle. Le temps de refaire des nouvelles plateformes.

Quand le gaz va être 2$ le litre, ça va chier mou dans leurs shorts.

Leur option économique serait la focus avec le 1.0T si ils décident pas de le scrapper en Amérique du nord.

Faut dire que il ya une nouvelle génération de focus qui s'en viens aussi

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Damn, moi qui était sur le bout de mon siège à attendre le retour de la probe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

US sales
Flex 22,389
Edge 142,603
Escape 308,296
Explorer 271,131
Expedition 51,883

F series 896,764
E series 53,304
Transit 34,473

Fiesta 46,249
Fusion 209,623
Cmax 18,390
Taurus 41,236 (incl 7,994 interceptors)
Mustang 81,866
Focus 158,385

Total car sales: 555,838 out of 2,475,556 total

It's understandable since their car sales have been declining and CUV sales are rising. IMO They could've held on to the fusion and focus they had decent sales in the US.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

It's understandable since their car sales have been declining and CUV sales are rising. IMO They could've held on to the fusion and focus they had decent sales in the US.

But the new CUV of Ford with a already outdate design, it ugly.

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

Stupid move. Their own numbers tell them that the fusion was one of the best selling cars. Maybe the bigger problem is that ford cannot make a car that lasts longer than 5 years for the price people want so theyll just cut production

Ca veut tu dire qu'il vont laisser le marché libre à Dodge pour les chars de police?

Esti après avoir abandonné le légendaire Crown Vic que Les policiers aimait, maintenant le Taurus... Wtf Ford.

Ca veut tu dire qu'il vont laisser le marché libre à Dodge pour les chars de police?

Esti après avoir abandonné le légendaire Crown Vic que Les policiers aimait, maintenant le Taurus... Wtf Ford.
Ça fait un total de 8 000 autos. C'est pas ça qui va leur changé d'idée

J’etait à Barcelone la semaine dernière et cette Ford Focus wagon était nice. Would take over a escape any day.

bb5b70cecf4f42545e2d4d98529038d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ça fait un total de 8 000 autos. C'est pas ça qui va leur changé d'idée

Bon point Jacques.

Mais l'image pour une marque d'avoir la majorité des voitures de patrouille... C'est big.

C'est comme si la maison blanche perdait les Suburban et qu'il switchait pour des Honda Pilot.

Ils ont perdu l'image qu'on ils ont scrapper le Crown Vic

This is a smart move. The market has spoken and sedan sales are lower and lower every year. Electric vehicles are the next boom, so fuel prices are not really that big of a worry in terms of long term planning. Not sure why they would get rid of the Fusion based on those sales numbers however.

Bon point Jacques.

Mais l'image pour une marque d'avoir la majorité des voitures de patrouille... C'est big.

C'est comme si la maison blanche perdait les Suburban et qu'il switchait pour des Honda Pilot.

L’Explorer est vendu 75% de plus que le Taurus interceptor comme vehicule de police. Ford a rien a craindre.

Ils vont le regretter dans 4-5 ans. On va revoir revenir 1 ou 2 modèle. Le temps de refaire des nouvelles plateformes.

Quand le gaz va être 2$ le litre, ça va chier mou dans leurs shorts.
Les SUV ont des consommations semblables à des voitures selon leur plateforme et plus d’y avoir un côté plus pratique. La réalité est que les gens abandonnent la voiture. Malheureusement....

En passant les ventes de SUV et CUV explosent en Europe....la sedan va mourrir là-bas aussi

Les SUV ont des consommations semblables à des voitures selon leur plateforme et plus d’y avoir un côté plus pratique. La réalité est que les gens abandonnent la voiture. Malheureusement....

En passant les ventes de SUV et CUV explosent en Europe....la sedan va mourrir là-bas aussi
Jsuis heureux d'apprendre ça, j'ai toujours trouvé ça aucunement pratique un char sedan, même si j'en ait eu. Après avoir connu un vus ou hatchback, damnnn.

imo keep the Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, Mustang and kill the Taurus even though I kinda like that car.

Back