Tesla survivra-t-elle à 2018 ?

Those videos are hilarious. What did they expect a 100k+ car to repair? Getting parts for Tesla sucks, even windshields are iffy

Call BMW and ask for suspension parts on a 7er.

Cette question a été posée à chaque année... obviously Tesla va "survivre", ça sera une année record avec les livraisons des Model 3.
Go Tesla!

How many Panameras are sold vs Teslas? But you're right, I said Civic but I should've said Chevy Volt which I think is the most direct competitor to Tesla.

A Chevy Volt is not a Model S competitor either. Model 3 maybe...

Large Luxury Car Sales (Q1 2018, USA)
Tesla Model S (est.)
Mercedes S-Class
Porsche Panamera
BMW 7 Series
Lexus LS
BMW 6 Series
Genesis G90
Jaguar XJ
Audi A8
Maserati Quattroporte

Realistically Tesla needs to lose 75% Market share and get acquired.. or Musk needs to leave. You can't have a CEO arguing it out with people on twitter or trolling people.

I dislike Musk and "Teslaness" However there loses actually shrank

2018 Q1: 784M loss
2018 Q2: 742M loss

Their capital expenditures is also down.... Their revenue is up significantly. Their gross profit margins are recovering which shows that Model 3 is moving into profitability as they seem to be only focusing on higher spec'd models. The worrying part is the assembly line still isn't streamlined

The growth in profit margin is going to be much larger in Q2->Q3. The reason is simple:

1- Existing models and new performance model will have higher margins bringing up their average. Most of the cash on hand is deposits from customers ..

2- They won’t have 100M in restructuring expenses like they did this quarter.

3- Most of their expenses for purchasing Model 3 equipment is out of the way so now they can focus on efficiency(See above)

People shit on Apple but Job's while being a showman had a product that made money and continue to do so even after his death... Even with what I mentioned will Tesla ever be properly profitable? Wall Street is betting on future profits but FFS in what 10 years?

A Chevy Volt is not a Model S competitor either. Model 3 maybe...

Large Luxury Car Sales (Q1 2018, USA)
Tesla Model S (est.)
Mercedes S-Class
Porsche Panamera
BMW 7 Series
Lexus LS
BMW 6 Series
Genesis G90
Jaguar XJ
Audi A8
Maserati Quattroporte

My point exactly. Your CT6 repaired for 1/4 of the price at any corner garage and it's a large luxury car that sold 4,894 units in Q1 which makes it second to Tesla.

And guess what, it's also self driving:

My point exactly. Your CT6 repaired for 1/4 of the price at any corner garage and it's a large luxury car that sold 4,894 units in Q1 which makes it second to Tesla.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T90LPU_JT7Q

I built a CT6 with all specs that would compare to a Model S and price comes up to 90k before tax... for a few K more you have a Model S with Enhanced autopilot, I take the MS in a heartbeat, superior performance, NO GAS, no oil change, instant torque, safer car, over the air updates, better resale value, etc. The CT6 would be a nice package at 60-70k with the the self driving but it costs way more than that.

I built a CT6 with all specs that would compare to a Model S and price comes up to 90k before tax... for a few K more you have a Model S with Enhanced autopilot, I take the MS in a heartbeat, superior performance, NO GAS, no oil change, instant torque, safer car, over the air updates, better resale value, etc. The CT6 would be a nice package at 60-70k with the the self driving but it costs way more than that.

The point I'm making is still valid, the CT6 will be easier to get serviced pretty much anywhere in North America.

Also: How much is a Panamera with autopilot?

Cette question a été posée à chaque année... obviously Tesla va "survivre", ça sera une année record avec les livraisons des Model 3.
Go Tesla!

See this is the fanboyism that upsets me. Just because you can deliver massive amounts of car doesn't mean you can make money on those cars. Even with what I posted Tesla will continue to post staggering losses the the next little while. It's almost has you wondering if Wall Street is propping them up just so that select parties can make a shit ton of cash off shorting stock. IMO Tesla biggest issue is Musk being the leader.

Tesla needs to a close watch on Porsche... Once Porsche starts delivering Mission-E it could start cutting into sale... I personally know people who will be trading in their Model S for a Porsche. Used market on Tesla is cold to lukewarm.

See this is the fanboyism that upsets me. Just because you can deliver massive amounts of car doesn't mean you can make money on those cars. Even with what I posted Tesla will continue to post staggering losses the the next little while. It's almost has you wondering if Wall Street is propping them up just so that select parties can make a shit ton of cash off shorting stock. IMO Tesla biggest issue is Musk being the leader.

Tesla needs to a close watch on Porsche... Once Porsche starts delivering Mission-E it could start cutting into sale... I personally know people who will be trading in their Model S for a Porsche. Used market on Tesla is cold to lukewarm.

Tesla is more than an automotive company though. Their cars will continue to sell but energy is most likely where most of their money will come from in the near future, which is why their evaluations are higher than competition.

Until Porsche/Everyone else can build a competitive charging network the number of people willing to change won't be that big. Current charging infrastructure is alright but 90minutes to wait for a charge isn't ideal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T90LPU_JT7Q

Self driving on select pre-mapped roads

Honest question and maybe a little off topic, How many corner garages would you trust to service a vehicle that can potentially drive itself?
As is a-lot of this technology is making for more stringent repair procedures and is changing constantly as systems evolve.
Would you rather a garage that isn't up to date on technical information and may not have ideal tools or one with direct access to engineering?

Tesla is more than an automotive company though. Their cars will continue to sell but energy is most likely where most of their money will come from in the near future, which is why their evaluations are higher than competition.

Until Porsche/Everyone else can build a competitive charging network the number of people willing to change won't be that big. Current charging infrastructure is alright but 90minutes to wait for a charge isn't ideal.
You should read there financial statement. The "energy" side of the company is bleeding cash as well and margins are pretty low as it stands. The cashcow is the car business.. the production facilities for the other ventures are pumping out batteries etc for the Model S and 3. Great tech company, lousey at producing things. This is why the car side needs to be taken over or sold

As it stands they aren't the only ones with energy items for sale.. they just have the cult following. The roof tiles etc are years away from practical applications.

Self driving on select pre-mapped roads

Honest question and maybe a little off topic, How many corner garages would you trust to service a vehicle that can potentially drive itself?
As is a-lot of this technology is making for more stringent repair procedures and is changing constantly as systems evolve.
Would you rather a garage that isn't up to date on technical information and may not have ideal tools or one with direct access to engineering?
It's not just Tesla but electronics on cars are so fucking complicated now you need to be an electrical engineer to figure it out

You should read there financial statement. The "energy" side of the company is bleeding cash as well and margins are pretty low as it stands. The cashcow is the car business.. the production facilities for the other ventures are pumping out batteries etc for the Model S and 3. Great tech company, lousey at producing things. This is why the car side needs to be taken over or sold

As it stands they aren't the only ones with energy items for sale.. they just have the cult following. The roof tiles etc are years away from practical applications.

The energy sector is where the vehicles were a couple years ago and require more build up but will be larger than vehicles in the long run. Micro grids will be a big advantage to communities able to build them.

The energy sector is where the vehicles were a couple years ago and require more build up but will be larger than vehicles in the long run. Micro grids will be a big advantage to communities able to build them.
Yea but ABB, GE and Siemens have made massive ground. Yet you hear nothing about them.. Musk and Tesla are very media hungry and love the attention. When in reality there systems aren't that special or ground breaking.. it's all how it's spun

I think that Tesla is going to be hurting when the mainstream manufacturers being to release their own EV's in a similar price point - I have a feeling the Taycan will be the start.

Last edited:
Back