Montreal's Neo-Nazi busted

Ronin

Legacy Member
A very good article that reminds me a lot of the situation on this forum.

Our own in house neo-nazi "troll" have been pushing the exact same themes, from the exact same websites even sometimes going as far as bragging about financing them. It's just a small leap to think that this Gabriel Sohier Chaput influenceD some members here.

“Zeiger” is the pseudonym for the second-most prolific writer on the Daily Stormer, an extreme right-wing news website that attracts upwards of 80,000 unique visitors a month.

and that forum and its articles use to often be quoted here, always by the same users. Makes me wonder how close some forum members actually are to this dip shit.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/major-neo-nazi-figure-recruiting-in-montreal

One of North America’s most influential neo-Nazis lives in Montreal and is organizing a white supremacist network on the island.

“Zeiger” is the pseudonym for the second-most prolific writer on the Daily Stormer, an extreme right-wing news website that attracts upwards of 80,000 unique visitors a month.

The site traffics in conspiracy theories, refers to African-Americans as “nogs,” to gay men as “f**ots” and devotes coverage to what it calls the “Race War” and the “Jewish Problem.” Along with the Daily Stormer’s other authors, Zeiger has helped spread this ideology to a new generation of young white men across North America.

Since emerging as a key figure in the movement four years ago, Zeiger’s identity has been a closely guarded secret. But an investigation by the Montreal Gazette has linked Zeiger to a local IT consultant in his early 30s.

(...)

Zeiger used his infamy as a recruiting tool, sharing a manifesto he authored as well as hyperlinks to his Daily Stormer articles and podcast appearances with the local group.

They first met at an Irish pub on Prince Arthur St. in August 2016. Shortly afterward, he introduced them to another Montreal-based fascist group.

Over a one-and-a-half-year period, a core of between 10 and 15 members gathered in bars and apartments around the city. Only men were allowed to attend their official meetings, but they opened up some events to women and “normies” — a term they use to describe people outside the movement.

(...)

He was an IT manager at a UPS store before branching out as an independent contractor in 2016, according to his profile on a job networking site.

(...)

Zeiger’s reach extends beyond the North American movement. When the British government disbanded the neo-Nazi terrorist group National Action, the group’s final communiqué
personally thanked Zeiger and Andrew Anglin for their work in spreading propaganda.

“(It) gradually breaks down their inhibitions toward the most despicable forms of violence.” — Alexander Reid Ross

Anglin and Zeiger have repeatedly claimed their goal is to use internet culture as a way of making extremist ideas more palatable to a mainstream audience.

“(Young men) can go onto these forums and … they’ll be immersed in fascist culture, Nazi jokes, meme culture and (it) gradually breaks down their inhibitions toward the most despicable forms of violence,” says Alexander Reid Ross, a lecturer at Portland State University. “Forum culture in general has helped to draw people into this fever swamp of fascist ideas.”

Reid Ross is the author of Against the Fascist Creep, a sweeping history of post-Second World War fascist ideology.

Before founding the Montreal group, Zeiger claimed responsibility for the resurgence of Siege, a 1980s manifesto that calls for individual acts of terrorism as a means to create a white ethno-state. Posting on the forum the Right Stuff, Zeiger wrote that he digitized the book to help it reach a wider audience.

Siege’s resurgence within white supremacist circles is mostly “self-marginalizing,” Reid Ross said, adding that the book is “a thing 14-year-old boys read when they’re angry at their moms.”
(...)While the rise of far-right groups like La Meute and Storm Alliance have made waves in local media, Fiset says Zeiger’s movement targets a much different demographic.

“La Meute is an older crowd, between 40 and 65 years old,” he said. “With the alt-right, it’s more like between 15 and 35. They’re not as structured and organized but they’re becoming more and more visible.”

Fiset’s job is to try to understand how young men are indoctrinated with hateful ideology in hopes that they can be rehabilitated.

He said that the process of radicalization often begins with a feeling of injustice and sense of isolation. This leads to the person questioning why they are unhappy, and then either coming to terms with their situation, or seeking retribution for their distress.

“The person usually begins a path of questioning, which is legitimate, because injustices are corrected by some of those who challenge them at first,” Fiset said. “But it may become something much more dark when the person eventually arrives to more violent answers. That could be as common as hate speech or as dire as terrorism.”

For Zeiger, the “path of questioning” began early. In a white supremacist podcast, he describes his process of radicalization.

“I think I was about 14 when I was reading about the Holocaust and realized that it was a hoax,” he said. Later, he was exposed to a blog post that was “anti-semitic from a liberal perspective,” in that it described Jewish people as racist.

“This resonated with me, because my sister she had dated a Jew for a while, but his family forbade him from marrying her.”

(...)

From there, Zeiger fell deeper into the online rabbit hole of anti-Semitic propaganda, binge-consuming hundreds of hours of white nationalist radio shows and YouTube videos.

“I saw a video … and I wasn’t that right-wing at that point so I thought ‘Oh my God, this is so extreme, this is racist.’ But I thought it was interesting,” he said, on a December 2016 podcast. “So after that I listened to (hours of these) radio shows, one after the other.

“It took like a few weeks but I listened to all like 300 of them. After that I was like, ‘Gas the k****, race war now.’ ”

Fiset says he doesn’t believe that radicalized youth are irredeemable. He is living proof that a person can be drawn away from the extremist fringe.

But he worries that, left unchecked, the spaces that Zeiger inhabits can move beyond internet hate speech and into real-world violence.

“We need to address this because they’re living in very dark corners of the web, without any boundaries, without any limits, without any structure or counter narrative,” Fiset said. “These guys are just alone, evolving together, in what becomes more and more violent ideologies, and it’s not getting any better. We’re just starting to realize that we have a ticking time bomb on our hands.”

soundcloud.png

C'est Kossak le gars?

I doubt but he is definitely one of the main offender in terms of pushing all the social topics that serve as gateways to white supremacist ideology on this forum.

Would actually be quite a funny twist if he was... A virtual Kaiser Sauze of sort...

kevin-spacey-kaiser-sauze-usual-suspects-critique-film.jpg

Hope for the Gazette's sake that this is legit reporting because the defamation suit that would follow if they got this wrong would put them under.

Doesn't singling out a person or group because their ideas differ from the ones currently deemed "acceptable" also qualify as fascism?

By those standards the Gazette's article is fascist against a group of people.

Doesn't singling out a person or group because their ideas differ from the ones currently deemed "acceptable" also qualify as fascism?

By those standards the Gazette's article is fascist against a group of people.

That is very SJW of you to miss-use a word like "fascism" like that, are you trying to re-write the dictionary also?

That is very SJW of you to miss-use a word like "fascism" like that, are you trying to re-write the dictionary also?

FASCISM: a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.

Look buddy, I'm not defending it. I'm just stating a fact that should be as obvious as the sun in the sky.

On parle de Kossak? Kossak, il ne me dérange pas... il vous dérange... tant que ça??

Il est moins pire qu'avant... Il y a eu une période creuse où il passant son temps à vendre son agenda nazisme dans tous les thread... Même ceux qui n'avaient pas rapport à la religion et la politique

Bien que le Code criminel du Canada n’interdit pas la vente ou la possession de drapeaux nazis, certaines de ses dispositions interdisent l’incitation publique et la fermentation volontaire de la haine.

En 2015, un résident de Rouyn-Noranda qui affichait un drapeau nazi dans sa fenêtre a ainsi évité des accusations criminelles puisqu’il ne faisait qu’afficher le symbole.

C'est surprenant que ce soit encore legal au Canada de Trudeau.

Look buddy, I'm not defending it. I'm just stating a fact that should be as obvious as the sun in the sky.

this is the recurring theme. you can do everything fascists do, but if you're considered a liberal, you are morally entitled to do it.
you can 'morally defend' beating people to a pulp and curb freedom of speech because they disagree with you when you're an SJW.
weoppose-fascism-and-then-try-to-silence-or-attack-anyone-20282411.png

Back