Ferrari 348 | 3-step Special Reserve Custom Wax | Detailed

cobrAAA

Shop Representative
Here we have a beautiful Ferrari. She's in good shape. Like most ferrari, some panel are repaint over the year and it can cause a problem with creating an even finish because those ferrari are one stage paint and the repaint panel are 2 stage with clear coat. We finished the detail with a nice coat of our exclusive wax blend ; the special reserve.

The owner contacted me almost in a hurry saying as soon as the car leave the shop, it's going to my shop for a detailing ! And you know what's nice ? the next day he came, he liked the job so much that he left me right away is Mercedes benz for detailing :) Gotta talk about true appreciation of your work haha

Process:

Full decon
Aquapel
3-step polish
Special Reserve Waxxon wax

Initial condition, you can see some light marring, swirl mark and the little less obvious buffer trail ;

Notice the paint missing on the edge, this is something I see on all ferrari of those year, Over the course of the years, the car gets detailed and detailed and sometimes by less than stellar detailer and they burn through those edge. What I usually do is go very soft on those area with only a light polish and can sometimes put tapes to make sure I don't hit those edge and amplify the damage. Here's one of the many differences between a regular detailer and someone who truely care ;)

Cleaning the car before the polishing process is important, hence why we use a quantity of quality brush to clean both inside and outside the wheels + the tar contaminants stuck around the wheel well ;

Then we move the car inside to inspect the paint and take paint thickness measure to see how much paint can be removed safely without burning the paint ;

Then I look for burnt paint where I will be putting my tape to make sure i don't damage it further ;

tape applied on paint ;

Here's a good exemple of paint missing.. you can clearly see a detailer went a bit strong on this little section ;

Polishing this section by hand ;

then I'm blowing compound residus with a rubber tips to make sure to not scratch the paint ;

then I'm opening all doors and applying my UV protectant to trim ;

when we are done, I do a final wipe out and look at the paint ;

look pretty isn't !? so it's time to wax it !

Some pictures of the car inside with different lighting perspective ;

Then I move the car outside for more gorgeous shot ;

I also did an interior detail.. everything was treated for UV protection and reduce some of the dryness of the leather and other component of the inside ;

Pour une question de polissage réalisé à montreal.. alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca

For more info regarding this polishing job, detailing , done in the greater Montreal , please contact me at alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca

Back