2010 Bmw X3

bobby35

Bonjour,

Un de mes chum va voir un Bmw x3 2010 avec le 3.0L, je recherché un peu sur le forum mais pas trouvé vraiment d'info sur les pour ou contre de ce modèle année/moteur, fiabilité ça dit quoi ? moteur et transmission surtout c'est solide ?
Je crois quelques personnes sur le forum en ont ....

Merci !!

C'est un n52 pareil comme les série 3 2006-2011, oil filter housing gasket, gasket couvert de valve, gasket panne a l'huile , pompe à eau électrique.

Tell him to get a 2011. First year of the update, drives much nicer and still can be had with the N52. 1st gen X3 are really dated and are generally money pits

Tell him to get a 2011. First year of the update, drives much nicer and still can be had with the N52. 1st gen X3 are really dated and are generally money pits

28i n52

or 35i 2011+ ?

Without getting into a dry, boring technical analysis (I hope), some of the reasons that the X3 35i is posting such seemingly amazing 0 to 60 mph or 0-100 kph times are:

1. Published horsepower and torque ratings for modern engines are much more accurate and less "optimistic" than those published in previous years. Manufacturers are required to prove that engines can develop their rated power by tests done on random samples in both US and European spec vehicles. Engines are tested with all accessories in place and operating, and with the engine connected to the vehicles actual production exhaust system. Before 2000, engines were tested without accessories and with open exhausts so rated hp and torque figures were higher than what could ever be achieved in the car. "300hp" in 2011 really means 300hp. "300hp" in 1999 typically meant something like 230 to 240 hp at the flywheel when the engine was actually installed in a car.

2. The X3 35i (N55) twin scroll turbo engine has an extremely flat and very extended torque curve. The engine can produce 83% of maximum torque at any RPM between 1750 and 5750*, unlike older, normally aspirated, high-performance engines that have a significant loss of torque at speeds below the (relatively high) peak torque RPM. More torque integrated under the curve = quicker acceleration.

4. The X3 35i has a wide ratio 8-speed transmission that, in combination with the wide, flat torque curve, means that the X3 can develop the absolute maximum possible wheel torque (which is what accelerates the vehicle) at ANY vehicle speed. The available torque does not peak and decay as it would with a "peaky" normally aspirated engine and with a 4 or 5 speed transmission.

5. The X3's ZF 8-speed transmission http://www.zf.com/corporate/en/produ...nsmission.html is designed to allow exceptionally fast shifts while maintaining full throttle, full torque transmission to the drive wheels. No acceleration is lost during shifts.

6. The X3's all wheel drive system is designed for optimum torque distribution to all wheels and allows up to 100% of the torque to be diverted to the rear wheels if necessary. Little or no wheelspin = quicker.

Regarding the X3's aerodynamics:

The 2011 X3 (F25) has a specified frontal area of 2.57 m2 and a drag coefficient (Cd) of 0.350.

(Lower Cd = less drag.)

A brick wall with the same frontal area of a X3 would have 2.86 X more drag than a X3.

As a comparison of the relative "aerodynamics” of different vehicles, here is a selected list of vehicles:

2010 Toyota Prius Cd = 0.25
2001 Audi A2 Cd = 0.25
2007 Nissan GTR Cd = 0.27
2007 Honda Accord Cd = 0.29
1947 Saab 92 Cd = 0.30
1995 Peugeot 406 Cd = 0.32
2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Cd = 0.34
2011 BMW X3 Cd = 0.35
2009 Lexus RX Cd = 0.35
2010 VW Tiguan Cd = 0.37
1998 Honda Odyssey Cd = 0.39
1938 VW Beetle Cd = 0.48
2010 Ferrari F1 car Cd = 0.7 to 1.1 depending on wing down-force settings

So, the X3 is actually more streamlined than a typical brick and is more aerodynamic than a Formula 1 racer. But of course, every current production car is also.

quand meme drole qu'un tahoe soit plus aérodynamique haha

comme dans le forums le monde aussi parlait de ça, et la raison la plus probable, c'est que les normes de tests ne sont pas les mêmes d'un continent à l'autre. La densité de l'air va avoir un effet.

merci ça va quand même l'aider dans sa démarche, et aussi il devra vérifier l'historique du véhicule !

Back