CT Triangle MasterCard

sotam123

I believe their line of Triangle cards came out a little over a month ago. Anyone here have one?

-No fees

-pretty decent saving on gas (more than the 3% most cards offer). I called and they give it all back to you in CT money...which I dont mind.

-Free towing service if you apply for the Elite Worldclass (ive read that is 5 tows of 250km and unlimited tows to the closest CT?) I tried calling and they couldn't give me the details..fail.

-Points can be used at the other sister companies of CT.

anyone have one? Thoughts?

https://triangle.canadiantire.ca/content/triangle-site/en/credit-cards.html

It's interesting if you make enough for the World Elite or if you need to get that financing deal for a big buy and you happen to shop a lot at CT and CT gas station. Otherwise there are others alternatives that could be better, it all depends on your spending habits. Myself I use the Tangerine MC (2% groceries, restaurants and recurrent bills) and Scotia Amex Gold (4% groceries, restaurants, gas and entertainment).

It's interesting if you make enough for the World Elite or if you need to get that financing deal for a big buy and you happen to shop a lot at CT and CT gas station. Otherwise there are others alternatives that could be better, it all depends on your spending habits. Myself I use the Tangerine MC (2% groceries, restaurants and recurrent bills) and Scotia Amex Gold (4% groceries, restaurants, gas and entertainment).
I already have the tangerine credit card and have the same savings..i feel like the elite would be a good combo with it. I also do shop at CT a lot.
And the towing is deff a plus since i do drive a lot for work.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

https://www.ratehub.ca/cartes-de-credit/recompenses

RateHub don't have the CT Triangle card to compare with the others which kind of suck. Right now it seems the Scotia Amex Gold is the top for a reward card even with a 99$ annual fee (but then you are still limited to places that actually take the thing).

From what you say, it seems to be the best fit for you would be the CT Triangle. That free towing is pretty nice (I get free towing with my insurance).

J'imagine que c'est juste le nouveau nom du programme , que ceux qui on une carte world Options vont recevoir une carte Triangle

assez laid comme nom , Triangle , '' CT elite '' aurait été mieux

i already have their old card and now waiting for the Triangle to come in the mail. i try to buy whatever i can there. Even my gun i bought it there. i put it on 24 months equal payments no interest. i don't know anywhere else i can do that lol

you also need 80k personal income
Better write 120k down on the application! Seriously though and this is speaking from perosnal experience they don't even bother checking. It's based on what you are paying Vs what you can pay. Maybe Amex might do a real review but a CT mastercard highly unlikely.

Amex does a right review but I agree Visa/MC don't do it at the same level

I mean Broody said he's looking at a World Elite in the CC thread.... lol

you also need 80k personal income

as mentionned Ive had a few friends apply for mastercards and they never check..also they mention 150K household, which I deff can pass..

ive applied, well see what happens I guess

Désolé pour le thread bump, mais pour ceux qui ont une Tangerine MC, est-ce ca vaut la peine ?

j'ai présentement une MC Edition - Banque Nationale qui expire en 2019. Elle a un systeme de points (remise en argent) + ajout d'un an de garantie sur les items achetés.
je voudrais changer pour une MC avec un cash back, je me fou du taux d'interet car je paie toujours durant le mois.

Est-ce que cette carte est une bonne alternative ?

je mets beaucoup de stock sur ma carte de crédit (epicerie, stock bébé, achat personnel, voyage)

Thanks!

Désolé pour le thread bump, mais pour ceux qui ont une Tangerine MC, est-ce ca vaut la peine ?

j'ai présentement une MC Edition - Banque Nationale qui expire en 2019. Elle a un systeme de points (remise en argent) + ajout d'un an de garantie sur les items achetés.
je voudrais changer pour une MC avec un cash back, je me fou du taux d'interet car je paie toujours durant le mois.

Est-ce que cette carte est une bonne alternative ?

je mets beaucoup de stock sur ma carte de crédit (epicerie, stock bébé, achat personnel, voyage)

Thanks!

Tu peux t'essayer sur le thread des cartes de crédit ici (ou un mod peut faire un merge maybe).

La Tangerine MC sont point fort c'est les 3 catégories de ton choix à 2%, son point faible c'est le reste à 0,5%. Si on check avec https://www.ratehub.ca/credit-cards/rewards

Scotia Amex Gold (vient avec assurances voyage et garanties achats)
441$/an (inclus le frais de 99$/an) avec 4% gas, épicerie, restaurant, divertissement et 1% le reste (ce sont des points qui sont mieux converti pour un voyage mais hyper facile à utilisé)

Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite (vient avec assurances voyage et garanties achats)
336$/an (inclus le frais de 99$/an) avec 4% gas, épicerie; 2% pharmacies et factures récurrentes et 1% le reste

Tangerine MC
243$/an avec 2% 3 catégories de ton choix et 0.5% le reste

Banque Nationale ECHO Cashback MC
219$/an avec 1.5% gas, épicerie, online purchases et 1% le reste

Donc, si tu veux juste une carte et que tu va au Costco, t'est un peu dans marde en ayant seulement MC comme choix (en terme de maximum de cashback possible). Si sa te dérange pas d'avoir 2 cartes, ta des bonnes options côté Amex et Visa pour les cashback.

C'est pas plutôt la carte Avantage Canadian Tire que tu as ? C'est toujours elle qu'il essaye de me rentrer dans gorge quand je suis après tanker

ahh oui t'as bin raison. je pensais que c'était la même affaire. j'ai pas remarqué la carte, la fille était quand même chaude

Just received my Triangle Elite card today..while I was activating the card I noticed that they changed the pre-requisits on their website already...

For the Elite you needed a 80k personnal income OR a 150k household. They have dropped the household option now.

Back