Motor Trend: Type R vs. Golf R vs. RS vs. STI RA

En!vy

Legacy Member
2018-Subaru-WRX-STI-Type-RA-2018-Volkswagen-Golf-R-2018-Ford-Focus-RS-2018-Honda-Civic-Type-R-03.jpg

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/hond...gen-golf-r-subaru-wrx-sti-type-ra-comparison/

4th Place: 2018 Subaru WRX STI Type RA
Rough and tumble Type RA promises much but doesn’t deliver the goods

3rd Place: 2018 Volkswagen Golf R
Soft and heavy at the track but an exceptional long-haul cruiser

2nd Place: 2018 Ford Focus RS
Ford finally delivers the Focus RS we’ve always wanted … just in time for it to go out of production

1st Place: 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Honda’s twist on the sport compact creates the new world-standard hot hatch

Mon choix serait entre la Tipère et la R. Seulement un fanboy opterait pour la STI, modèle en fin de ligne avec une fiabilité douteuse

Golf R for me because it doesn't look boyracer and has AWD. My neighbour has a new type r and it's not pleasant to look at

Pour le dailydriving, ce que l'ont fait 99% du temps le R est first place sans hésitation.

Me suis assis dans une Focus RS pis une Civic Type-R, sorry aint gonna work with Quebec road.

Si toute les routes serait parfaites comme dans le sud des states ce serait une autre histoire mais sinon Golf R all the way, pis en plus sa passe sous le radar des cops easy

Golf R for me because it doesn't look boyracer and has AWD. My neighbour has a new type r and it's not pleasant to look at

In stock form I would agree. The STi however is so inexpensive to repair and subsequently mod (comparatively speaking), that I feel it still appeals to my own personal desires best. And now that the 2019 version is going to get all of the RA bits (minus the wing and CF roof) it looks quite attractive.

Un drôle de facteur ça de choisir un char parce qu'il coûte pas cher à réparé, je toucherai pas a une STi avec une pôle de 3 kilomètres.

Un drôle de facteur ça de choisir un char parce qu'il coûte pas cher à réparé, je toucherai pas a une STi avec une pôle de 3 kilomètres.

Well when you refer to only one of the two reasons mentioned, and remove the context, I bet it is funny.

Im a fan boy so je prend la STi

Not

Je prensrais focus Rs first pis Type R comme 2 eme choix

Je catch pas comment une focus Rs avec 350 hp peut trap 101 mph..lol

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

J'ai pris la rs car je considère que c'est la meilleur machine manuelle pour avoir du fun 365 jours par année et aller faire l'épicerie.

Sometimes I get the suspicion they write articles like that just to stir the pot.

Most people already have brand loyalties / preference going into a shootout like that. I don't think they're very likely to change their minds, numbers be damned.

I guess this is the RS' swan song. Made 2nd place in a motor trend piece.

yes but on the other hand- the Golf R can be mistaken for a rabbit...or just a plain old Golf and that look is getting old.

what a time to be alive!
c'est cool d'avoir ces options. Je pense que je penche un peu plus vers la sobriété de la Golf R aussi, mais je suis certain que les 4 sont les fun à conduire. Mon 2e choix serait probablement la Focus. Vu nos hivers, je pense que j'excluerai la Civic personellement.

lolwut

J’essais de cnbaincre ma mère de 68 ans de se pogner une Golf R.

Awd
Sobre
Pas trop sport
Hatchback
4 cylindres

yes but on the other hand- the Golf R can be mistaken for a rabbit...or just a plain old Golf and that look is getting old.

Meh who cares what teens think if you have a R
STI, oughh calotte a l'envers
Civic R , too much rice
RS, is very decent but seems its a racecar drive

Back