Anyone pick up a Model 3 yet?

How did the shopping experience went?

Very good, i've had an "advisor" assigned to me the first time I asked information almost 2 years ago.
She stayed with me since then, did touch points, never really harassed or pushed any upgrades or whatsoever.
I never ever walked in the store in my suits or whatsoever, always went afterhours or week-end in running or boat shoes with plain t-shirt and I never felt "judged" even if I'm relatively young (low 30s)

I really liked the experience honestly the best i've had so far with any dealers, and this is only the beginning as i am approaching the delivery date they will continue to inform, invite me to private parties, etc,etc.

Last edited:
I priced out a Tesla 3, comes out to $73,400 CAD (dual motor, metallic paint and nice set of wheels). I like the Tesla pitch, in the savings they add the $8000 government rebate + estimated fuel usage to make you believe you are paying $60,700 before taxes (it should really be $66,700 before taxes).

If you factor in their 96-month estimated loan payment, the total over 8 years comes > $90,000.

A good chunk of change...

I priced out a Tesla 3, comes out to $73,400 CAD (dual motor, metallic paint and nice set of wheels). I like the Tesla pitch, in the savings they add the $8000 government rebate + estimated fuel usage to make you believe you are paying $60,700 before taxes (it should really be $66,700 before taxes).

If you factor in their 96-month estimated loan payment, the total over 8 years comes > $90,000.

A good chunk of change...
Exactly what I went thru.
For 30k more u get a Model S who is by far a superior car. Ordered the S, credit passed, order confirmed, should receive Vin this week and production shall start early August, will take delivery September, can't wait.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Exactly what I went thru.
For 30k more u get a Model S who is by far a superior car. Ordered the S, credit passed, order confirmed, should receive Vin this week and production shall start early August, will take delivery September, can't wait.

Good move. The Model S is a better looking car and you know it is better built given they worked out the kinks since launch. The Model 3 is still going through growing pains, if you look at the Model 3 closely you will see uneven panel gaps which should not be present in a $70K plus car.

buddy picked up model 3 today, went with him

Guy delivering car to him was on a tight ass schedule .... 800 cars being delivered by that dealer just this month! WTF! (that's all Model 3/S/X of course)

They literally have 20-30 minutes deliveries... bing bang boom in out my friend... figure out the rest yourself lol

car drives nice, finish is good, paint could be a little better for an 80k car with the options he took... but overall its a nice ride (really weird ride actually but something you can get used to)

Went to the MTL store, it was pretty cool. Advisors were nice althought I didn't ask for a quote and say I won't buy soon

he took it on 72months with around 8k down... came out around 1350$ a month....4.20% rate

but that gives you an idea still on how much it would cost

He took:

White
19inch wheels
Enhanced Autopilot
AWD Long range battery

Oh and the 8k government gives you have to send and do the paperwork yourself/receive the $ yourself. It's not like other dealers that apply for you and deduct straight at dealer type thing.

he took it on 72months with around 8k down... came out around 1350$ a month....4.20% rate

He took:

White
19inch wheels
Enhanced Autopilot
AWD Long range battery

Oh and the 8k government gives you have to send and do the paperwork yourself/receive the $ yourself. It's not like other dealers that apply for you and get the $ type thing.

C'est super facile pour reclamer le rabais du gouv. Meme si le dealer le fait pour toi tu dois quand meme t'inscrire sur le site du gouv pour leur donner acces.

Une fois que tes inscrit tu peux reclamer toi meme pour toute tes véhicule EV , bornes niveau 2 et installation par electricien.

http://www.vehiculeselectriques.gouv.qc.ca/particuliers/rabais.asp

He took:

White
19inch wheels
Enhanced Autopilot
AWD Long range battery

Oh and the 8k government gives you have to send and do the paperwork yourself/receive the $ yourself. It's not like other dealers that apply for you and deduct straight at dealer type thing.
That end up being a 90k car!!

That end up being a 90k car!!

yup....

honestly I had a deposit for the Tesla 3 but I took it back a while ago... and now that the Kona Electric is showing 400km of range, the Model 3 is looking less and less appealing

One of the things they told him is to keep the battery juiced between 80-90% of charge for daily stuff and whenever he has a longer route to juice it 100%.... cause they want to extend the battery life/not void the battery warranty ... i was a bit WUT?

so if you get a standard battery 350km one and juice it only 90%... you're at 315km range in reality...add heating in winter and you're at 200km range on a standard battery with 90% charge cycles... kinda sucks.... you almost need long range battery in colder places

so if you get a standard battery 350km one and juice it only 90%... you're at 315km range in reality...add heating in winter and you're at 200km range on a standard battery with 90% charge cycles... kinda sucks.... you almost need long range battery in colder places

C’est exactement pour ca que j’ai decide d’aller avec la version Long Range ! En plus, le réseau de SuperChargeur Tesla commence a prendre de l’empleur Et recharge beaucoup plus vite que la competition!

Dans ma situation, ca vaut la peine. Je fais environ 30-35k KM par année. (Rep sur la route) c’était super le fun de le faire avec la STI, mais après un temps, jetais tanné de passer mes journées a mettre du gaz et clutch/declutch dans le traffic. Je prévois garder la Model3 minimum 6 ans.

Si vous faites en bas de 20k KM par année, vous rentrerez jamais dans votre argent selon moi !

By the way, je ramasse la mienne dans 48 hrs

J'ai acheté ma volt et jamais inscrit sur un site web...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

p-e que le processus de remboursement a changer depuis le temps. Perso j'ai donné mon user au dealer Mitsubishi Trois-Rivieres pour qu'il me trouve et il se sont charger de la réclamation ensuite.

telsa 3 launch. 30-35k car.
fini que personne paye vraiment en bas de 70k...

La conversion USD à CAD est d'environ 1,30 Ça fait qu'on part à 45k avant les taxes... Ajoute des options, extended range les taxes... yep. le prix annoncé à doublé. C'est sur qu'on ne parles plus exactement d'une " auto abordable "

He took:

White
19inch wheels
Enhanced Autopilot
AWD Long range battery

J'suis pas dans game, mais messemble que psychologiquement j'aurai d'la misère à franchir la barrière de 1k par mois pour 72 mois. (oui je sais que les maths marchent pour le montant total..)

$1350 pour 72 mois woah

C'est débile mental pour un char gros comme une Mazda 3

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cest le double de mon VUS hybride.

faut vraiment flauber 1000$ de gaz par mois pour que ce soit rentable.
Oui et non, oublie pas le pas d'entretien. Ça me coûte 700$/année juste en changement d'huile chez Acura (que je dois faire la bas pour garder la garantie). Oublie pas les brakes à changer seulement aux 150-200k Km.

Oui toute ça est pas si cher si tu fais tout toi même mais si t'es zéro manuel comme moi, ma Model S revient au même net cost par mois que mon RDX Tech 2017 en comptant l'essence épargné (mais en comptant le coût de l'électricité également), les entretiens et le coût d'assurance qui est un peu moins cher sur ma S. Sans oublier la valeur de revente imbattable des Model S.

Je menlignais aussi pour une model 3 mais avec les taux d'intérêts plus élevé sur la 3 que la S et l'espace relativement restreint versus la S et aussi les performances... La différence de prix de quelques piastres par mois en valait la peine. Mais reste que pour quelqun sur un budget la 3 est débile

Ceci dit, l'achat d'un véhicule est rarement rationnel à 100%, encore moins une tesla. Les chiffres font énormément de sens dans mon cas car j'avais un rental assez cher mais je suis un fan de tesla et des projets de Musk depuis jour 1 et avoir une tesla était dans mes #todo #yolo. Oui j'aurais pus me payer une RS7 neuve mais le instant torque électrique est juste priceless.

Last edited:
Oui et non, oublie pas le pas d'entretien. Ça me coûte 700$/année juste en changement d'huile chez Acura (que je dois faire la bas pour garder la garantie). Oublie pas les brakes à changer seulement aux 150-200k Km. Oui toute ça est pas si cher si tu fais tout toi même mais si t'es zéro manuel comme moi, ma Model S revient au même net cost par mois que mon RDX Tech 2017.

Ya aucune loi qui t'oblige a faire tes changement chez acura pour ta garantie. Tu peux les faire toi meme et garder les recu en guise de preuve au cas ou il arrive un pépin. Il serait obliger de garantir quand meme si ton moteur saute.

Back