2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan - Need engine

Deysh

As the title states, im looking for a used engine for a 2007 infiniti g35 sedan RWD. Mine is running super rough with engine light flashing, running code p0021, p0300 and p0455. Mechanic says it would be the same price to rebuild vs getting a used engine. Any leads would be appreciated.
Thanks

What's the problem ? Does he knows it ?

It can be alot of issue and also a cheap fix. Changing an engine is much more expensive than you may think. Except if youre engine is toasted and burning so much oil.. (common problem for the vq)

Cars engine is running fine in park, but when u put in drive it starts to shake. I ran the codes and got p0300 mutliple cylinder misfire, p0455 large evap system leak detected, and p0021"A" camshaft position - timing iver advanced or system performance bank 2. Mechanic is telling me previous owner did not do proper oil changes. Anyone know what can it be? Thanjs

Cars engine is running fine in park, but when u put in drive it starts to shake. I ran the codes and got p0300 mutliple cylinder misfire, p0455 large evap system leak detected, and p0021"A" camshaft position - timing iver advanced or system performance bank 2. Mechanic is telling me previous owner did not do proper oil changes. Anyone know what can it be? Thanjs

Here's my point of view. I'M NOT A MECHANIC.

You have a major air leak. It can be anywhere from the brake booster to the air intake but this code is coming from your evap system ... bad evap canister... i've seen it on a friend car. CHEAP FIX.
it cause miss firing because you need that air into the combustion chamber or you have too much pressure somewhere it doesn't belong to.
Your computer is trying to correct the miss fire by advancing the timing.

You can have a toasted engine running fine....... you NEVER know until you open in.

Stay away from him.

Here's my point of view. I'M NOT A MECHANIC.

You have a major air leak. It can be anywhere from the brake booster to the air intake but this code is coming from your evap system ... bad evap canister... i've seen it on a friend car. CHEAP FIX.
it cause miss firing because you need that air into the combustion chamber or you have too much pressure somewhere it doesn't belong to.
Your computer is trying to correct the miss fire by advancing the timing.

You can have a toasted engine running fine....... you NEVER know until you open in.

Stay away from him.

thanks for your help, i'll get a second opinion, will come back to you with updates

Back