June 25th lapping is ON!!

BBQMAN

Shop Representative
Let's celebrate the long weekend with a great evening of lapping tonite- yes, we are ON during the holiday Monday - and traffic should not be a factor.

see you as of 5PM!

My body is telling me "you had enough saturday" and i'm like "fuck it, go anyways" lol

Another fun night, Thanx everyone ! *tu*

I welcome comments from the Green VW from 3:30 to 5:30.
Maybe I was following too close ? :dunno:

Was fun chasing the Blue Ford , and that new Miata is amazing !

Dave S

He was there at the first lapping day in May driving like this and when I was spoke with other drivers, apparently he had tranny issues and left early so it looks like his issues are not fixed or hes just an asshole? You don't break-check someone on a track anyways, thats fucking dumb.

He was there at the first lapping day in May driving like this and when I was spoke with other drivers, apparently he had tranny issues and left early so it looks like his issues are not fixed or hes just an asshole? You don't break-check someone on a track anyways, thats fucking dumb.

I know the driver from racing in 1995 against him- in Sedan GT. It was a fast car in the day- light and you can see how it accelerates, Problem is the driver is back from 15 years hiatus and clearly has no corner entry speed confidence. He is not brake checking- just lacking the momentum to get in the corners. Look how he accelerates out- and mid corner wheel lift- this car can go fast.
Also- he had 20 year old tires when he was the on May 23rd- he was shopping for new ones dunno if he bought them yet- clearly there is time to make in the corners.

Clearly he has no confidence in corner entry, which kinda fits with the fact he may have old tires that do not grip properly.

Thanx for the explanation Carl , I should have given him a bit more space and pitted out a lap earlier to pass.

VW guy, see Perry Performance for tires.
Let them know the size needed, and you may possibly get a really good deal on some overstock !:bigup:

Good to see you on this forum Rob, come visit us at ASE sometime ! *tu*

Dave S

How does it work if I wanna go for a lapping night? Do I need to pay membership then buy lapping sessions?

Never went to ASE lapping nights.

I'd like to go, maybe you can teach me the tips and tricks of the track? :)

Hi Rob,

Some tips:

1) Start off in the Red for tips and basics( see 2)
I know you have experience. Your street car will love you for this. :D

2) Get instructors in your car as often as you can and listen to them.
Even when you are in Yellow group.
Each of our instructors has their own specialty. Big Time !

3) Maybe not for everyone...but we learn the most on rain days.
But stay away from the rubber drag strip lines. I have an ugly video on this..somewheres...

4) Meet and talk with your fellow drivers , before heading out.
This was my mistake on the above video. I would have given him more space.

And yes, as with all Clubs , you have to buy a membership. Not a big deal @ 100.00.

Sessions @ 25.00

Thanks Dave for the explanation.
Rob- I will be the first guy you see if you arrive on a Monday.

See ya

Back