Confession automobile thread

If I remember correctly, in those years of the fox body, it came with a 2:73 or 3:27.
I had the 2:73, didn't know about it. Threw on some cheater slicks, and just bog at 5000 rpm launch. Changed it to 3:73. The car grabbed and go.
So if you are putzing around 1600 @ 120. With a T5, sounds like 2:73.
Or just Jack the car and count the turns of the drive shaft versus the tire.

Ive had the car 10 years they are 2:73s or 3:08s. The car isnt stock and I did not modify it either so who know the 8.8 was installed prior to me. The lsd in it is one of the tightest ones even more so then one I rebuilt myself. 3:55s and new traklok and call it a day. On street 5k launch and watch the rubber melt.

J'ai seulement une 3.08 dans le s10 et je ne la changerais pour rien au monde pour la rue. Les ratio de transmission sont trop close ratio, c'est gearé pour remorquer. La première est tellement gearé fort qu'a deviens inutile avec plus de gear. Mais pour cruiser à 2300 trs à 120 km/h en 5ième c'est juste parfait. J'ai pareil oreilles qui sillent après un heure de route, j'imagine pas à + de 3000trs

Le son que sa fait en 5 ième à 120
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUYkZ--A_Xs/

and you didn't f*** up the spring rate(you can't really unles you cut the spring or heat it)...just the preload......and that is pretty much always to be adjusted as you go. (How much static drop you what to have)

Spring load you were right. I still messed it up. I'll attempt it again hopefully this Sunday if i can. I want to go a little higher than what i have now. The ride is shit, I blew a shock on the Turcot.

Spring load you were right. I still messed it up. I'll attempt it again hopefully this Sunday if i can. I want to go a little higher than what i have now. The ride is shit, I blew a shock on the Turcot.

Get a garage to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Il a aimé ses sessions de track lol!

Time for a better cooling system

Il chauffe pas...... C'est bin ça le pire.

Edit :
61562010.jpg

Voici ce que je penses : Il avait trop de prestone, il fais plus chaud today que tous les autres jours, je l'ai bardasser en cris ce matin. Il ne re-siphonne pas l'excédent de prestone et c'est pour ca que le rad avait l'air 1/3, en fais ya rentrer 300ML. Et ila rester un bon 300ML dans le bidon.

Il chauffe pas...... C'est bin ça le pire.

Edit :
61562010.jpg

Voici ce que je penses : Il avait trop de prestone, il fais plus chaud today que tous les autres jours, je l'ai bardasser en cris ce matin. Il ne re-siphonne pas l'excédent de prestone et c'est pour ca que le rad avait l'air 1/3, en fais ya rentrer 300ML. Et ila rester un bon 300ML dans le bidon.

Is that picture of windshield washer fluid a joke?????

Where is it leaking from, around the thermostat housing? Is your thermostat stuck open? That can cause leaks and will prevent your temp from reaching a normal level.

Is that picture of windshield washer fluid a joke?????

Where is it leaking from, around the thermostat housing? Is your thermostat stuck open? That can cause leaks and will prevent your temp from reaching a normal level.

Overflow tank was full. My prestone is pink. So I pumped the prestone on a galon. Then changes the rad cap.

A bad rad cap will cause leaks (around the cap of course and will normally show indications of dried coolant all around there) but it will also cause you to overheat. A thermostat that's stuck open can cause leaks, but will cause the car to run "cold".

If you're not heating, my guess would be thermostat not radiator cap.

A bad rad cap will cause leaks (around the cap of course and will normally show indications of dried coolant all around there) but it will also cause you to overheat. A thermostat that's stuck open can cause leaks, but will cause the car to run "cold".

If you're not heating, my guess would be thermostat not radiator cap.

Un mauvais seal de cap va pas faire chauffer le moteur mais va faire bouillir le prestone plus vite. Donc le prestone va sortir par l'overflow meme si le char est a temperature normale.

Un mauvais seal de cap va pas faire chauffer le moteur mais va faire bouillir le prestone plus vite. Donc le prestone va sortir par l'overflow meme si le char est a temperature normale.

A loose or bad radiator cap will cause the system not to pressurize, resulting in overheating.
There are a few signs that will let you know if you have a bad radiator cap.
Leaking Coolant
Overflowing Reservoir
Radiator Hose Collapses
Air Inside the Cooling System
Overheated Engine

https://dannysengineportal.com/do-you-have-a-bad-radiator-cap/

Either way, if he's not warming up properly, it points to a stuck thermostat as opposed to bad rad cap IMO.

Le seal du rad cap si c'est pas étanche ça l'empêche le liquide de revenir dans le rad en provenance de la tank d'expansion

Je parle du upper seal... Pas le lower seal

I confess that everything that drives around montreal north sounds like it is going to die. And judging by pie 9 there's a reason!

Apres je gym j'ai décidé d'aller faire une tite ride de bazou,
329 et je suis revenue par Chemin Tamaracouta et Milles-Isles.

Je confesse que c'est pas les routes idéal le soir, y fait noir comme ça se peu pas, la route est pas large, tres valonneux , courbes serré, j'me suis fais 2-3 peurs....
En plus c'est cabossé comme ça se peu pas.

Last edited:
Back