Confession automobile thread

Not a male car until you want to start taking nice curvy roads. Have fun in a straight line car, lol.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Those Camaros actually handle pretty good for what they are.. Even my S197 Mustang handled pretty well. However what really effects solid rear axle cars are the bumps/ripples in the road you hit mid corner. Smooth pavement you don't notice a real difference but hit something mid corner at decent speed and it's a tad unsettling.

When I did the suspension on my E46 I had planned Ground Control coilovers which I still have. However I ended up getting EU spec sport springs with Revalved Koni yellows, M3 Front sway bar, ZHP Front control arms and some bushings. What I have a very comfortable and compliant setup with excellent steering feel that works well on the street where I drive the car the most. Alignment settings are pretty aggressive as well. I think what helps is I took the time to sort things out for my driving style vs just bolting random part on. I like responsive steering, sharp throttle response, almost zero travel in the brake pedal(That was hard to get right and I don't run SS lines) There is a bit of understeer on entry as the tires aren't so great but I can push hard in the Kaimera test loop and the corners by the 13/20.

Add solid parts where needed like subframe mounts etc but running rod end bits on a street car is silly. You also don't need to slam a car on the ground.

Want to laugh? I feel the Astra is pretty well sorted out for an econobox. You can pitch it into corners and giggle

Je confesse que j'hésite entre un vieux Wrangler pour faire dla trail ou une Miata (na) pour faire du lapping.
Deja un daily.
Jdirait que je change d'idée au heure, selont les opportunités Kijiji.

Last edited:
Je confesse que j'hésite entre un vieux Wrangler pour faire dla trail ou une Miata (na) pour faire du lapping.
Deja un daily.
Jdirait que je change d'idée au heure, selont les opportunités Kijiji.

peut importe ça reste 2 valeurs sûre !

Those Camaros actually handle pretty good for what they are.. Even my S197 Mustang handled pretty well. However what really effects solid rear axle cars are the bumps/ripples in the road you hit mid corner. Smooth pavement you don't notice a real difference but hit something mid corner at decent speed and it's a tad unsettling.

True. My 01 mustang was tricky like that, Even with MM control arms, caster camber etc.., bushing and Bilstein suspension. What kill thoses cars (beginning 2000s mustang and camaro) is the solid axle and the heavy front end.

Je confesse que jsuis en tab..... l'alternateur du S80 vient de lacher pis j'ai fait l'erreur de checker ou il est situé...

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

True. My 01 mustang was tricky like that, Even with MM control arms, caster camber etc.., bushing and Bilstein suspension. What kill thoses cars (beginning 2000s mustang and camaro) is the solid axle and the heavy front end.
S197 on a smooth track like Calabogie is a ton of fun.. Mosport iffy.. suspension on the front of an s197 is completely different to the foxbody/sn95. It went okay but wouldn't not be my first pick for a daily/track weapon. The aftermarket parts on the rear of the carmade it worse on the street.

It wasn't a case of "snap oversteer" mumbo-jumbo you read of on the internet when people crash at cars and coffee but rather just uncomfortable over bumps. A bit twicthy but wasn't trying to kill you. The nice things about Mustangs is the long wheel base which makes it pretty lazy and easy to deal with.. provided you know how to drive

When I did the suspension on my E46 I had planned Ground Control coilovers which I still have. However I ended up getting EU spec sport springs with Revalved Koni yellows, M3 Front sway bar, ZHP Front control arms and some bushings. What I have a very comfortable and compliant setup with excellent steering feel that works well on the street where I drive the car the most. Alignment settings are pretty aggressive as well. I think what helps is I took the time to sort things out for my driving style vs just bolting random part on. I like responsive steering, sharp throttle response, almost zero travel in the brake pedal(That was hard to get right and I don't run SS lines) There is a bit of understeer on entry as the tires aren't so great but I can push hard in the Kaimera test loop and the corners by the 13/20.

Add solid parts where needed like subframe mounts etc but running rod end bits on a street car is silly. You also don't need to slam a car on the ground.

Want to laugh? I feel the Astra is pretty well sorted out for an econobox. You can pitch it into corners and giggle

hahahhaa wow I have a shit load to learn man ! Astra... !

The car isn't slammed it's still a very fonctionnal car for ... le lac-st-jean... tsé... les roads sucks.

Can't wait 8 sept.

Can confirm for both. The 4g Camaro, even with the base 3.4/AT combo was fun to drive, mostly because the chassis is very well balanced and handles well.

And I’ve been daily driving a two-door Astra for the past two years and it does handle really well. Low on power (138hp) but the car is so solid and firm that you can take it to its limits in the twisties up north. I’ve done it a few times and when I’m in the mood for that I take every curve flat out. Car stays flat on the ground, and I’m out of the curve ahead of everyone.

Also fun to be able to do a u-turn in pretty much any two-way street in Montreal and still have room to spare.

The Astra was an oddball here. Quirky but drives like the usual European hatch .. I simply bought it because it was a cheap simple hatchback that was somewhat interesting

Je confesse que jsuis en tab..... l'alternateur du S80 vient de lacher pis j'ai fait l'erreur de checker ou il est situé...

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
Ça semble pas trop pire par l'intérieur de roue après avoir défait le cardan...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Je confesse que les gens son aveugle sur la route , il voient aucune pancartes....

Se soir vers 11:00 je m'en reviens de St-sauveur bin pénard sur le cruise a 115 le toupette au vent sur la voie de droite,
tout le monde me passe, mais vraiment tout le monde, les pancartes de limites c'est quoi ? Une suggestion ?
Déja que moi j'étais over speed a 115, ça passait toute a 125-140.

Le meilleur,
j'arrive pres de St-Thérèse , y'a 2 pancartes ( chaque côté ) pour annoncer le photo radar,
moi je met ça a 100 flush,
j'vois au loin un moron qui se fait flasher,
juste avant le photo radar, 2 autre pancartes,
un autre moron passe a toute vitesse lui aussi, il se fait flasher,
juste apres je regarde dans mon miroir le flash part encore et j'vois un char sur la voie de gauche passer comme un missile lol.

Esti que les gens sont aveugle ou aime contribuer au taxes ....

Un peu d’aveuglément mêlé à de la stupidité.

Mercredi vers 16:30, je sors du tunnel Lafontaine et prend la rue de Boucherville vers Notre-Dame. Zone de 50 mais c’est industriel et il y a jamais de police donc je roule 70. Y a une Kia Forte qui est passée à ma gauche à au moins 100. Elle volait carrément.

Mon 70 est limite, mais cette personne là s’est dit que rouler à 100 en ville c’était une bonne idée.

Hier matin sur papineau direction nord après la 40, un Silverado noir roulait avec moi pis je l'entends claxonenr et crier " YO RALENTIS ".

200m plus loin il y avait un policier avec le laser. Le trou de cul était caché derrière l'arrêt d'autobus à côté du Taz.

No ticket.

Dude du Silverado, u da real MVP.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Stupide pour le photo radar oui, sinon le reste, les limites de vitesses sont archaïques et d'une autre époque. Avec les années les voitures sont de plus en plus stables et securitères mais les limites font juste baisser partout. Belle logique.

Moi je me sens parfaitement à l'aise quand je roule 140-150. On est pas en hiver dans un blizzard, c'est l'été et les conditions sont parfaites... Si j'avais les couilles je roulerais la 15 à 140 tout le long, no fucks given où je passerais tous les Réjean en Mustang blanche qui bougonne dans la voie de droite (s'ils bloquent pas la voie de gauche en protestation)

Back