Uber/Ubereat Driver : Is it worth it?

mike1989

Salut Mr.

Do you find driving for uber or ubereat from time to time to get extra cash is worth it?

Anyone here does it?

How does it work for the taxes and everything exactly?

I'm interested to get extra cash from time to time and find this would be a good option.

Please note that I have a full time /stable job with benefits and I'm definitely not looking to replace it with uber...

What about uber select (luxury car). Does it really pay more?

ubereats coute 5$ par livraison... t'enleves les frais d'uber, gas, assurance, etc. ca pas l'air tres rentable lol

From what I remember reading, Uber drivers were barely making minimum wage after all was said and done...

But hey, I drive around aimlessly all the time and sometimes even consider getting a simple brainless low paying job for extra cash. I can see how some people would want to do it.

In reality though, after the first drunk belligerent asshole customer, or vomit/ejaculate in my backseat I'd probably change my mind pretty quickly.

The only way you are making money is if you own a couple cars and have clueless drivers sharing those cars.. it's happened a couple times now on both Uber eats and Ride where the car/driver or both didn't match the profile... I reject the ride but for the food will report it and usually get back 5-10$ credit

Un gars à ma job fait un peu d'Uber et il trouve ça correct comme revenu d'appoint. Il n'a pas d'histoires d'horreur avec des clients, tu prends les clients avec 4.5 et plus de rating.

Pour eats, ça peut être payant en vélo downtown si tu choisis bien tes heures, sinon bof, mieux vaut livrer du poulet avec une voiture de compagnie.

That sums it up.

But :

Now they take off the tps/tvq directly. Does that mean i dont need to retain anything and what I get is net. Minus gas and car expense?

My point is instead of driving around the city with friend to kill time or spend 20-30$++ chilling on a terrasse/restaurant , I'll drive strangers to make an extra revenue for car stuff and vacations ect ect.

Not looking to make a living out of it or deal with the hassle of taxes and shit like that..

That sums it up.

But :

Now they take off the tps/tvq directly. Does that mean i dont need to retain anything and what I get is net. Minus gas and car expense?

My point is instead of driving around the city with friend to kill time or spend 20-30$++ chilling on a terrasse/restaurant , I'll drive strangers to make an extra revenue for car stuff and vacations ect ect.

Not looking to make a living out of it or deal with the hassle of taxes and shit like that..

Tps and tvq are not impot sur le revenu. So whatever you get paid is net minus expenses and impot.

But driving around with friends, really? Do you answer by Amir and drive a 2006 BMW?

Tps and tvq are not impot sur le revenu. So whatever you get paid is net minus expenses and impot.

But driving around with friends, really? Do you answer by Amir and drive a 2006 BMW?
Non pas vraiment. In fact I got 2 kids and rarely drive around for fun.

You got my point.

Not brown at all.

To be honest I think about doing this at times at well, not because I need money but I enjoy driving and this sounds odd but, I like meeting strangers or interesting people lol

That being said, if I did do something like this and constantly got drunk people id be totally turned off by it.

I really don't think you're able to negotiate with Uber if you drive a luxury car. Funny enough I saw a Tesla Uber the other day.

I wanted to try out UberEats since I got an old truck and while it wouldn't really be worth it in regards to gas, just for the fun to try it.

Went to the Ottawa office, filled in the paper work, told me I should be my driving history by mail within a month and to come back after that. That was like 4-5 months ago and still didn't get nothing. If I had choosen the bike option, I would already be registered and ready to go. I guess I could try the bike option, but don't feel like going all the way out to their offices now.

To be honest I think about doing this at times at well, not because I need money but I enjoy driving and this sounds odd but, I like meeting strangers or interesting people lol

That being said, if I did do something like this and constantly got drunk people id be totally turned off by it.

I really don't think you're able to negotiate with Uber if you drive a luxury car. Funny enough I saw a Tesla Uber the other day.

I got a 2014 c-class. The rates for uberselect are higher so I'm assuming the pay is better for the uber select "calls"

But based on the thread linked its very rare you end up getting these "calls"

I wanted to try out UberEats since I got an old truck and while it wouldn't really be worth it in regards to gas, just for the fun to try it.

Went to the Ottawa office, filled in the paper work, told me I should be my driving history by mail within a month and to come back after that. That was like 4-5 months ago and still didn't get nothing. If I had choosen the bike option, I would already be registered and ready to go. I guess I could try the bike option, but don't feel like going all the way out to their offices now.

I was planning in going to register for ubereats in mtl office. Didn't know I needed to bring a driver record..

I guess i'll do it eventually as I don't feel like running to the saaq and head downtown on a *friday afternoon*

Back