Upcoming Scotland trip - Driving experience welcome

Why need additional insurance than cc? Cc insurance doesn't state (from memory) a max coverage amount, they do however specify type of car categories not covered and it's loosely defined. Any 4 door compact or sedan taken at a rental car agency will be fully covered for theft, collision, whatever.

Ask me how I know... There's a post from me somewhere here on this forum.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The tricky part is liability.

https://www.greedyrates.ca/blog/credit-card-car-rental-insurance-needs/

From my understanding, you have to make sure with your personal car insurer that it will be covered in the country you are visiting.

i decided I rather just insure myself with Sixt. no complications if something goes wrong. It's not that expensive.

Right now, I'm at a Burger King with wifi, right next to an automotive restoration shop near Barcelona where the sales manager kindly accepted to give me a tour of their facilities.

oh. my. god. I'll need to make a thread. This place is what dreams are made of.

Wow.

Is anyone here part of the Royal Automobile Club of London? I need to be refered to by a member to be able to visit. They had a 996 GT3 RS parked inside at the entrance of the lobby. Got shown the door, sadly.

I had no idea this place existed...

I was watching Wheeler Dealers the other day on Velocity Channel and they were showing these amazing roads to die for .... so if you have a chance check out Cheddar Gorge

oh muhgawd.

dat so purdy. thank you, rerouting my roadtrip now.

Except when you go there its full of traffic ie tour buses with Chinese mainlander tourists.. Those shots were pretty much taken very early in the am..

Cheddar Gorge is near Bristol. Bristol is a lovely city. Perhaps my favourite in all of England.

I figure I'll bump this thread since we discussed rental car coverage and CC coverage.

I was recently in the UK and had a Skoda Fabia. I was driving on a very narrow road and another car was passing in the other direction(Near Castle Combe in Wiltshire). Long story short I pinched a tire on the only jagged rock sticking out of the ground , needless to say the tire was scrapped. I changed it and continued, luckily the car had a full size spare. It was the classic UK scenario! Rental number 5 for 2018.. so was bound to happen. Totally my fault

I immediately contacted Hertz and reported what had happened. When I returned the car it was noted I had puncture. That was the only damaged to the car. I was charged roughly £80 for the damage, or about 140$ once converted into CDN. This was the price of a new tire and admin fee. I called my card holder insurance with TD, told them what happened. They asked I send a copy of the invoice to them. Once they got the paper work, I recieved paper work which I filled out on my phone. A couple of phone calls later it was taken care of.

Today I received a full reimbursement from them back on my card.

Next up I will tell you how I got a rental for £50a week before I left and during the holidays

ffb1754c6cd51af07fa9cb845d6a4a43.jpg
b3579bb27f64e34326622f03697d493e.jpg

Last edited:
Back