By-Laws against fortification

250Rocket

I'm looking to build a house and as part of the land searching process I skim through the city by-laws to see if there are any stupid rules/regulations. Practically every city I look at has some kind of sub-section that makes it's illegal to fortify the house in even the most basic ways like a reinforced door frame.

Why?

Makes sense but annoying AF. Some cities it could practically be interpreted that you cannot even have a 3 point locking door which is not only safer but more energy efficient since the top and bottom corners of the door are more securely closed to prevent air leakage.

What happens if you do it anyways? Odds are you get caught?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

En cas de feu pour les pompier. ?

anyways si tu fortifie un porte pour le vol, il vont juste passer par la fenetre.

C'est la loi anti bunker.

Mais check, on en voit plein, le monde le font pareil et personne check ca a moins que ca l'aille l'air a une prison ton affaire.

C'est la loi anti bunker.

Mais check, on en voit plein, le monde le font pareil et personne check ca a moins que ca l'aille l'air a une prison ton affaire.
Exact c'est plus pour avoir une loi leur permettant de sortir les Hells s'ils veulent s'installer.

Pas pour valider les maisons ordinaires.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

What happens if you do it anyways? Odds are you get caught?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short of putting hideous bars across your windows that your neighbours rat you out for, they probably will never know.

En cas de feu pour les pompier. ?

anyways si tu fortifie un porte pour le vol, il vont juste passer par la fenetre.

That's also a good point.

Regarding the thieves, they will always find a way to break in if they want something inside. I'm not to worried about that though. It goes back to the other home threads about efficiency. These days you can get a really good set of windows, have them installed well and it will cut out a lot of energy loss but a door you open and close regularly and it usually suffers from thermal expansion. Having 2 extra connections holding the door against the seal gives better performance but it's also considered "reinforced".

The only way I could see it you get in trouble, is in case of fire, if firefigthers can't get fast enough inside the house and the fire spread to somewhere else (other parts of your house, trees, other house, etc.) then I guess insurance could have a fit with you since you put something in place which now cost them more money. Firefighters would also do an investigation and report it to the city regarding the door and then get fine.

jai un dmes chum sur mon rang sa maison est faite toute en beton jusquau toit. J'sais pas si ca compte pour une fortification.

jai un dmes chum sur mon rang sa maison est faite toute en beton jusquau toit. J'sais pas si ca compte pour une fortification.

On appel ca du coffrage isolant

Pense pas que ca compte...

04dedffd2bc2.jpg

non tu comprend pas les mure sont en béton, la maison est en béton.

ya un compagnie de beton.

maison beton.jpg

y met du béton dans ses céréales.

juste quelque petites fenetre ici et là... ca doit etre joyeux dans cette maison la lol

en fait cest immense dans ltemps cétais vraiment style loft pour faire des party a l'interieur, toute a air ouverte.

au secondaire on se ramassait 300 personne dans cette maison la, cétait epic.

Nope, usually they have a statement saying that the use of concrete is not intended to be limited by the fortification clause, so you're good.

Back