Procuration (Power of Attorney) to get new car from dealership

TheDamned

Hello,

To make a long story short, I will be out of the country when my new car is going to arrive to the dealership.
The dealer is telling me that if i'm not there to pick up the car im just losing my "spot", so i would "lose" the car and i'd have to re-order a new one, wait months and months and have a higher interest rate.

Anyone ever dealt with this before ? In the USA you can use a power of attorney (procuration) to go around that but what can I do here in Québec ?

Thank you,

Hello,

To make a long story short, I will be out of the country when my new car is going to arrive to the dealership.
The dealer is telling me that if i'm not there to pick up the car im just losing my "spot", so i would "lose" the car and i'd have to re-order a new one, wait months and months and have a higher interest rate.

Anyone ever dealt with this before ? In the USA you can use a power of attorney (procuration) to go around that but what can I do here in Québec ?

Thank you,

That is bullshit. My wife took possession of our car that was to my name back in 1992 because I was at work that day, I don't see that as anything else than a dealership wanting an out. I suppose you got a super good deal yes?

Ben voyons, le dealer est pas capable de te garder l’auto 1-2 semaine ?? Tellement BS comme attitude
Je doute qu’une procuration fonctionne pour signer des documents de financement

Power of Attorney WILL work. You are entitled to have representation for this type of contracts.

The person will act as you. You need to make sure you provide all the power consent required.

That is bullshit. My wife took possession of our car that was to my name back in 1992 because I was at work that day, I don't see that as anything else than a dealership wanting an out. I suppose you got a super good deal yes?
Not a super good deal no, not negotiable, it's the way they do it. They have to deliver their car before the end of quarter and I'll be in Hawaii during that end of quarter delivery. I am pissed as fuck this is retarded. Anyway, they are trying to find a solution I am checking to see if a procuration would work, send my dad to pick it up but they said he would then become the owner of the car... That's retarded.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Power of Attorney WILL work. You are entitled to have representation for this type of contracts.

The person will act as you. You need to make sure you provide all the power consent required.
Even for singing the financing papers?

Ben voyons, le dealer est pas capable de te garder l’auto 1-2 semaine ?? Tellement BS comme attitude
Je doute qu’une procuration fonctionne pour signer des documents de financement
Non car y veule pas la livrer dans un budget quarter différent.

Yes, you could even buy/sell a house with PoA.
Mon ancien coloc a essayé pour son frère qui vit aux USA et pour des raisons de financement et de compte bancaire à l'étranger c'était vraiment pas évident alors finalement il est venu ici signer.

Mais de manière générale oui la procuration ça marche.

Can't they fax you the papers to sign then you fax back? I know I've done that with buying a house.

Ça donne le goût de faire affaire avec ce dealer.

Coudonc, ils n'ont peut-être pas besoin de faire des ventes pour être en affaire. Le père du owner de ce dealer doit riche en tabarnak.

J'leur dirais de se crosser si sont pas plus coopératifs que ça... Va l'acheter ailleurs à ton retour ton char...

He cant get another car. It's for his model 3 and they are all spoken for. I think it's for his model 3.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

I think it’s probably that too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

procuration une procuration va marcher et doit etre accepté au quebec si je me trompe pas.

oublie pas que ca en prend une officielle de la saaq pour le transfert a la saaq. (toi tu délegue un representant...ton pere et non pas le dealer)

He cant get another car. It's for his model 3 and they are all spoken for. I think it's for his model 3.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
They moved up a bunch of delivery dates in Canada as they wish to keep the incentives in the USA as long as possible by keeping units sold under 200k. A couple people I know got caught with their pants down because they were told 1-2 years or whatever and got a call last week basically saying "Ur new poorly assembled musk mobile is here"

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/news/tesla-federal-tax-credits-to-end-article-1.4041444

Who knows anymore with them. One side says they are stock piling model 3s, the other side says 25% of orders have been
Canceled but the cars were built anyways to meet production goals

Back