Douchebag Assaults Teenager who's Deadlifting

What is your average 8 rep weight? I'm not bro-ing out I just want to know where you're working.

I do 4 sets of 8 reps with two plates and a 25 on each side lol...

Were talking about a weak 275 lol that's why I said I probably just don't lift heavy enough but again when you search for it it seems there is two different schools, some claiming not dropping can be dangerous and some claiming that it is good if you are looking for hypertrophy...

I would be curious the hear the science behind the "it can be dangerous" because techincally, if you respect the tecnique, the eccentric movement should be EXACTLY the same so if you lift weights that allows you to have enough energy remaining to do the full eccentric movement without cheating, I don't see how it can be dangerous.

If you lift some weights that are too heavy for you to have any kind of remaining energy to do the eccentric movement, then I can see how it can be dangerous.

For the record, I think we're all talking about something like this when we say controlled eccentric, anything short of this is just varying degrees of dropping the barbell:

Until Cassard shows up, this is my intuition and how it's been explained to me: the "danger"/risk is that you need to brace yourself properly and maintain good rigidity throughout the entirety of the movement (once you've reached a certain threshold). So by doing the controlled eccentric portion of the lift you're extending the "duration" of the movement and the time you need to stay braced/rigid. If your spine isn't properly braced under load, shit can go wrong.

Nothing wrong with either one, just 2 different styles for 2 different objectives, if you can pull 275 4x8 with a controlled eccentric portion similar to the video, then I wouldn't be surprised if you could pull 405 with a little training.

Yup pretty much this with one plate less lol

The 25 plate will switch between 10 to 25 depending on how strong I feel that day :bigup:

There is no way I could lift 405 thought, right now my biggest issue isn't even the form but the hands that can't hold anymore at my last set lol

I have weak ass hands/fists

The overall movement is basically the same up and down.

2 reasons are:

The brace. If you can hold a solid breath deep in your gut long enough, you might be ok with some sub maximal weights.

The other reason is that no matter how hard you try, you will never be as tight going down because you are slowly releasing the tension in your muscles to let it down. On the actual lift you are maximally tight because all of your force is being used to propel the weight upwards. Not sure if that makes sense to you or not. I'll try an explain better if not.

The overall movement is basically the same up and down.

2 reasons are:

The brace. If you can hold a solid breath deep in your gut long enough, you might be ok with some sub maximal weights.

The other reason is that no matter how hard you try, you will never be as tight going down because you are slowly releasing the tension in your muscles to let it down. On the actual lift you are maximally tight because all of your force is being used to propel the weight upwards. Not sure if that makes sense to you or not. I'll try an explain better if not.

Yeah makes sens, even when trying to stay tight going down I can see how it will never be as tight as when your going up with all you've got lol

Je suis pas certain de comprendre pourquoi dropper les poids est considéré normal en deadlift? En quoi est-ce que ca devrait être plus normal qu’un autre exercice?

J’ai vu un commentaire dans les premières pages qui dit qu’a p’us de 200lbs faut s’y attendre, je sais pas moi je deadlift plus que 200lbs et je drop pas mes poids, c’est certain que je lève pas vraiment lourd mais je dois pas lever assez pour comprendre faut croire...

Moi personnellement c’est pas pour le bruit que je drop pas les poids, c’est parce que je considère que c’est tricher parce que c’est pas un mouvement complet si tu drop avant la fin, pas un effort aussi intense que si tu donnes le dernier push pour lander smooth. Tant qu’à moi si t’es pas capable de le faire sans tricher c’est parce que tu devrais descendre tes poids...

Mais bon je m’entraine pas en powerlifting non plus, j’imagine qu’en power lifting tu as constamment besoin de repousser ton max pour incrementer tes poids plus rapidement et que c’est pour ca que tu drop parce que tu est plus souvent en dehors de ta zone de maitrise et ce volontairement :dunno:

Étant donné que notre core est rendu un peu plus faible parce que c'est difficile de compresser la ceinture abdominale pendant aussi longtemps, c'est la portion lombaire (bas du dos) qui va surcompenser pour retenir la charge si on descend la barre tranquillement.

Le fait de forcer plus au niveau du bas du dos (portion lombaire L1 à L5-S1) avec une surcharge de poids sur la barre augmente énormément la force de cisaillement sur les vertèbres et les disc intervertébraux, ce qui peut causer une ou plusieurs hernies discales ou autres blessures.

Le deadlift est un des rare mouvement que biomécaniquement parlant, la portion excentrique est inutile voir dangereuse. Donc le mouvement n'est pas "incomplet" ou ce n'est pas tricher de ne pas retenir la bar.

ps : si t'as une grip weak : Farmer Carry et Hangclean baby

Étant donné que notre core est rendu un peu plus faible parce que c'est difficile de compresser la ceinture abdominale pendant aussi longtemps, c'est la portion lombaire (bas du dos) qui va surcompenser pour retenir la charge si on descend la barre tranquillement.

Le fait de forcer plus au niveau du bas du dos (portion lombaire L1 à L5-S1) avec une surcharge de poids sur la barre augmente énormément la force de cisaillement sur les vertèbres et les disc intervertébraux, ce qui peut causer une ou plusieurs hernies discales ou autres blessures.

Le deadlift est un des rare mouvement que biomécaniquement parlant, la portion excentrique est inutile voir dangereuse. Donc le mouvement n'est pas "incomplet" ou ce n'est pas tricher de ne pas retenir la bar.

Good to know, jvais me mettre à pitcher la barre moi aussi alors :bigup:

Oui j'essaie de faire le farmer carry quand il n'y a pas trop de monde, mon gym est pas tellement adapté pour ca lol j'ai toujours l'impression de passer dans les pieds de tout le monde quand je le fais lol

ahah je ne parle pas de pitcher la barre comme le monde de crossfit. Mais il faut trouver le juste milieu entre retenir la barre longtemps et la garocher.

Ça, ça serait un bon exemple :

Ça un mauvais :

And we can all now stfu bracing all the way and pacing urself at the bottom when you are lowering yourself fucks ur back

Pack ur things boys were done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ciboire un simple thread de Deadlift et on pourrait partir un soap opera a TVA ...

Last edited:
so you're making noise and you're pissing people off...

...and you continue to make noise...

...and someone got pissed off.

:dunno:

it's a gym, not a library
i agree; it's reasonable to expect some noise. it's also reasonable to expect gym rats with more testosterone than neurons to pms at any opportunity.

i don't know about you guys but i'm really not surprised. besides, couldn't he have tightened the weights and added mats until it was silent? a bit of respect goes a long way.

i agree; it's reasonable to expect some noise. it's also reasonable to expect gym rats with more testosterone than neurons to pms at any opportunity.

i don't know about you guys but i'm really not surprised. besides, couldn't he have tightened the weights and added mats until it was silent? a bit of respect goes a long way.

Tighthing the weights won’t do anything lol you can tight them all you want they will always make noise.

so you're making noise and you're pissing people off...

...and you continue to make noise...

...and someone got pissed off.

:dunno:
Nowadays in Canada some women get pissed if you call them "she" so you know that there will always be someone pissed off anyway. It's not like he was letting the weight drop on the floor without holding it.

Back