ASE Lapping Club - Journée de lapping - samedi 28 septembre 2019 à St-Eustache

Rainy but good day none the less. Thanks to the organizing staff for all those years of devotion, will keep good memories of ASE.

Amazing day, thanks to Carl & Co. Now, how do we follow you guys going forward next year? I don't really have/use a Facebook account. I guess ASELC will be renamed, let us know! :)

ASE Lapping Club name will stay- why change?
If you are on my mailing list - you will get the dates of the 2020 events- or just drop by the shop in January!

Yesterday was quite remarkable. Mother nature was unhappy that the track was closing and this was the last full day lapping.
Despite that, we got in a record amount of drivers, sessions and laps during the longest day of lapping at ASE.
Thank you to all the members, participants and supporters that came out. You helped define what ASE's legacy is/was all about.

For me, I could not have been happier about the day- I got to take some laps with all my cars on this track for one last time. I drove some people around who had never been on the track and at speed to boot!!
My ITR showed it displeasure about the end of an era by finally breaking the OEM distributor after 355K kms. Luckily the universality of Bs allowed me to find a spare in the paddock and the ITR drove home on it's own power.

Wet weather driving was a blast, and the EVO is finally back after 3 long years of repairs and sorting Thank you Atelier Bohica and Uptown Autosport for fixing the problem.
The newly cloned M3 went really well on it's maiden voyage on the track since being built- Thank You Powersport Garage in Calabogie for making that happen.

The GT3 made a few sessions near the end of the day on old Hoosier slicks in the wet- talk about sketchy!!! Thanks Martin for diagnosing the clicking noise in the front brakes.

Was awesome to see some old faces that were regulars at ASE in the 90s- some of which I hadn't seen in years!

JAG- you are the man!!! very anxious to see the picture book of the day- PS can you photo shop out all the rain?

Finally- I can't give enough praise to my team- ASE LC staff- your are the best and make my job so much easier and I could never, ever do it with out- so on the behalf of the lapping community- THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

En effet c’était une journée spéciale. Triste à cause de la disparition de notre ‘’home track’’, dommage aussi qu’on n’aie pas eu du beau temps. D’un autre côté il y avait beaucoup de monde, une belle ambiance dans les paddocks et ça roulait bien sur la piste malgré les conditions difficiles (il y a bien eu quelques spins mais rien de trop grave finalement!).
Moi j’ai été chanceux d’avoir des très bons pneus pour les conditions ce qui m’as permis de dépasser beaucoup d’autos normalement très rapides. Probablement mon record en nombre de dépassements dans une journée en 8 saisons actives en lapping depuis 2008!
Cerise sur le sundae il y avait trois de mes amis de longue date présents sur la piste et on a pu s’échanger des rides dans des autos complètement différent’, du gros fun!
Un gros merci à tout le staff, sans oublier les signaleurs et à Carl le ‘’chef d’orchestre’’ qui nous permettent de vivre notre passion du pilotage de façon sécuritaire! C’est
Voilà un vidéo de ma dernière session de lapping à l’Autodrome Saint-Eustache. Désolé pour la qualité plutôt ordinaire. Il commençait à y avoir une ligne sèche alors j’étais redevenu le plus lent 😅. Au plaisir de vous revoir dès l’été prochain sur d’autres pistes!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dN4k36t1pO0

ASE Lapping Club name will stay- why change?
If you are on my mailing list - you will get the dates of the 2020 events- or just drop by the shop in January!

I was under the impression that ASE "Autodrome St-Eustache" wasnt going to be used anymore, that's fine too, was just curious. See you next year then!

En effet c’était une journée spéciale. Triste à cause de la disparition de notre ‘’home track’’, dommage aussi qu’on n’aie pas eu du beau temps. D’un autre côté il y avait beaucoup de monde, une belle ambiance dans les paddocks et ça roulait bien sur la piste malgré les conditions difficiles (il y a bien eu quelques spins mais rien de trop grave finalement!).
Moi j’ai été chanceux d’avoir des très bons pneus pour les conditions ce qui m’as permis de dépasser beaucoup d’autos normalement très rapides. Probablement mon record en nombre de dépassements dans une journée en 8 saisons actives en lapping depuis 2008!
Cerise sur le sundae il y avait trois de mes amis de longue date présents sur la piste et on a pu s’échanger des rides dans des autos complètement différent’, du gros fun!
Un gros merci à tout le staff, sans oublier les signaleurs et à Carl le ‘’chef d’orchestre’’ qui nous permettent de vivre notre passion du pilotage de façon sécuritaire! C’est
Voilà un vidéo de ma dernière session de lapping à l’Autodrome Saint-Eustache. Désolé pour la qualité plutôt ordinaire. Il commençait à y avoir une ligne sèche alors j’étais redevenu le plus lent . Au plaisir de vous revoir dès l’été prochain sur d’autres pistes!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dN4k36t1pO0
C'est toi le gars du Mazda 5! On c'est parlé juste avant que je quitte, bons skills de pilote haha

A big THANK YOU to all of the ASE Lapping Club Instructors !!!!

I can attest that each and every one has their own expertise and have all been happy to share their time with us !
(...most of the time ! )
Maxo : brake...Brake ...BRAKE HARD !!! :D

THANK YOU to Carl and Antoine for taking care of everything !
BellaLastASE.jpg

Jag is preparing me a USB key with all the photos of the day.
Once I get it- I will be offering them for sale- the cost of the drive-
let me know be email if you have interest.

Back