Need advice for a trip to spain

Royal-Motorsport

Hey everyone, so i'm planning a trip to Spain, looking to leave around the second week of September and stay for 7 days, i'll be solo. My main destination is barcelona but also thinking about maybe splitting the days between barcelona and madrid and this is where i need help, am i better just sticking to one city and make the most out of it or if well planned i can get away with two cities ? i'm hearing mixed opinions about this and looking for some input, also if you have any suggestions,tips, tricks, recommendations or what ever, feel free to let me know :D

Thank you :bigup:

People seem to say madrid is way better than barcelona.

Broodu might help you with that. My dad say the same thing. Madrid is a lively city. Much more fun.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Madrid is great but I agree, stick to Barcelona and maybe one day or two in the country side or Cadaqués.

Are you a big party guy? Do you like meeting people at the hostel? Do you talk to strangers at the beach?

Alright, so its confirmed Madrid is ruled out, thinking about 3 days in Barcelona, take the train to an other city and spend the rest there, maybe Valencia.

Madrid is great but I agree, stick to Barcelona and maybe one day or two in the country side or Cadaqués.

Are you a big party guy? Do you like meeting people at the hostel? Do you talk to strangers at the beach?

I don't consider myself as a 'big' party guy but i sure enjoy parties, not gonna lie i did check out Ibiza seems like there's a ferry from barcelona to the island :D. So far the plan is to stay in a hotel. Even though i can surprise myself sometimes i'm the shy type of person so it depends on the situation.

To be honest it's my first solo trip, hoping to learn a lot from this and mainly have fun and enjoy my time. And yes i know i'm pretty late into planning all this :p

Alright, so its confirmed Madrid is ruled out, thinking about 3 days in Barcelona, take the train to an other city and spend the rest there, maybe Valencia.

I don't consider myself as a 'big' party guy but i sure enjoy parties, not gonna lie i did check out Ibiza seems like there's a ferry from barcelona to the island :D. So far the plan is to stay in a hotel. Even though i can surprise myself sometimes i'm the shy type of person so it depends on the situation.

To be honest it's my first solo trip, hoping to learn a lot from this and mainly have fun and enjoy my time. And yes i know i'm pretty late into planning all this :p

If your'e shy and solo, partying in Barcelona or Ibiza would be a big disappointment probably. But in places like hostels, it's really easy for solo travelers to meet people. During my last solo trip I went to the restaurant and a karaoké night in Tokyo with some guys I met at the guest house (Madrid people actually, really cool people) and a local chick.

If you want to rent a car, there are some great twisties 2-3 hours away (and probably closer too)

I am in Porto now, I was on a Moto road trip until a few hours ago and I am heading for Barcelona via the night train tonight, will report back.

À few tips.
- check with your phone provider in advance to see if they have an international roaming package. I pay 12$/day with Fido, worth every penny. You can also try to fuck around with local SIM cars, especially if you stick with a single country.

-In Spain, hard money (Euro), is still favored.

- Airbnbs, can be found on a moment's notice. I have not paid more 50$ a night even when making arrangements at like 10pm. Tons of options.

- Renting bicycles is a great way to increase your visiting coverage.

- Travel lightly, shopping for cloths to go out is actually fun. The only reason I had a bag in the cargo hold was to carry my Moto gear, a simple back pack suffice. Just be careful with airport regulation, I've been nagged for really stupid shit, like the content of my first aid kit...

- If Gaudí's stuff is your cup of tea, make sure you reserve in advance on official websites and arrive super early.

Attention whore pics
7a4a518877a847a87524314c70bfb383.jpg
26a56b2388eb44f2c6b301d7344ab9fc.jpg
47da7edb38b25a8a1916b40b0012a337.jpg

I am in Porto now, I was on a Moto road trip until a few hours ago and I am heading for Barcelona via the night train tonight, will report back.

À few tips.
- check with your phone provider in advance to see if they have an international roaming package. I pay 12$/day with Fido, worth every penny. You can also try to fuck around with local SIM cars, especially if you stick with a single country.

-In Spain, hard money (Euro), is still favored.

- Airbnbs, can be found on a moment's notice. I have not paid more 50$ a night even when making arrangements at like 10pm. Tons of options.

- Renting bicycles is a great way to increase your visiting coverage.

- Travel lightly, shopping for cloths to go out is actually fun. The only reason I had a bag in the cargo hold was to carry my Moto gear, a simple back pack suffice. Just be careful with airport regulation, I've been nagged for really stupid shit, like the content of my first aid kit...

- If Gaudí's stuff is your cup of tea, make sure you reserve in advance on official websites and arrive super early.

pretty bad advice concerning the first tip... Just buy a local sim ( Tuenti for example) and you'll pay a fraction for the WHOLE month of what you pay for a day of roaming fees :) The rest of the tips are on point *tu*

pretty bad advice concerning the first tip... Just buy a local sim ( Tuenti for example) and you'll pay a fraction for the WHOLE month of what you pay for a day of roaming fees :) The rest of the tips are on point *tu*
I did say to pick a SIM card if he sticks to a single country. They are often easily available at the airport in small kiosks. The guy there will set it up for you.

^^ But you don't have your phone number with you if you receive lots of calls.

But you're on vacs, who the hell cares about phone calls! :bigup:

I did say to pick a SIM card if he sticks to a single country. They are often easily available at the airport in small kiosks. The guy there will set it up for you.
You can use the sim anywhere in the EU at no extra cost. There is no roaming in EU...

You can use the sim anywhere in the EU at no extra cost. There is no roaming in EU...
You might very well be right but I got contradicting info when I was in Danemark/Germany.

Oh well, this the company you should look for (among others)

0bcea39991f30862de6267ff38ebc03f.jpg

Thank's guys, plane tickets booked, leaving on the 8th for barcelona, coming back on the 16th from seville. Great idea for the sim, i could definitely use some data. Next up, booking the stays, the train ticket from barcelona to seville and reserve for what ever i would like to see if needed :D

Thank's guys, plane tickets booked, leaving on the 8th for barcelona, coming back on the 16th from seville. Great idea for the sim, i could definitely use some data. Next up, booking the stays, the train ticket from barcelona to seville and reserve for what ever i would like to see if needed :D

dont forget to book the hookers.

You might very well be right but I got contradicting info when I was in Danemark/Germany.

Oh well, this the company you should look for (among others)

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180816/0bcea39991f30862de6267ff38ebc03f.jpg

Generally I stick with the larger carriers.. Vodafone, O2, T-Mobile etc. What you are hearing is false EU but there are rules

From 15th June 2017 all plans include roaming in Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Canary Islands, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guyana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Islands, Romania, San Marino, Saint Martin (French), Saint Barthelemy, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Vatican City (Italy).

New Max Plans from the 10th May 2017 include the above plus Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and USA.
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/n...starts-on-thursday-10-things-you-need-to-know

Just make sure you phone is unlocked before you leave

BTW, if you plan on visitng the interior of the Sagrada Famillia, make sure you reserve online well in advance, I got screwed even 3 days in advance.

Thought i'd give a little update, it was really cool, everything went very well and as planned, glad i went with two cities, kind of allowed me to see two different sides of the country. Didn't see the need for a sim card for my short stay and ended up using google maps offline to get around. Did a lot of walking and used public transport for the further spots.

All in all great experience :)

Back