250 million for taxis

Is this a joke? No money for healthcare but hey let's subsidize the taxi industry http://www.lapresse.ca/affaires/eco...3392-250-millions-pour-lindustrie-du-taxi.php

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Who said there was no money for healthcare? There's like 4-5 hospital expansions/renovations just off the top of my head I can think of (St-Jerome/Laval/Maisoneuve-Rosemont/Montreal General)

As much as I hate giving money to taxi license drivers, the government is being held responsible for setting up a dumb capped licensing system.

Je ne porte pas la mafia des permis de taxis dans mon cœur, mais le gouvernement a 100% causé ce problème en laissant uber opérer alors que le principe de permis est clair = chaque uber devrait avoir un permis de taxi.

Je ne porte pas la mafia des permis de taxis dans mon cœur, mais le gouvernement a 100% causé ce problème en laissant uber opérer alors que le principe de permis est clair = chaque uber devrait avoir un permis de taxi.
Non, le gouvernement ne devrait pas faire de permis stupide... Et surtout maintenir le nombre artificiellement bas ce qui donne des services de taxi de merde.

Même chose avec la gestion de l'offre sur lait/volaille/etc. Ils ont créé un monstre.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Non, le gouvernement ne devrait pas faire de permis stupide... Et surtout maintenir le nombre artificiellement bas ce qui donne des services de taxi de merde.

Même chose avec la gestion de l'offre sur lait/volaille/etc. Ils ont créé un monstre.

Sauf qu'ils ont créé un monstre mais laissent le premier requin venu changer la game, c'est fair pour personne. Oui, tout le monde est d'accord que le système de permis tel qu'il est est à chier, mais il y a 40 ans on ne faisait que s'inspirer des autres villes partout dans le monde, c'est pas seulement au Québec qu'on a ce système pourri.

Le mieux aurait été un plan de soft landing sur 10 ans amorcé il y a 5 ans au lieu de laisser ça dégénerer et sortir le gros cash pour éteindre le feu.

Who said there was no money for healthcare? There's like 4-5 hospital expansions/renovations just off the top of my head I can think of (St-Jerome/Laval/Maisoneuve-Rosemont/Montreal General)

As much as I hate giving money to taxi license drivers, the government is being held responsible for setting up a dumb capped licensing system.

Imagine if there was no cap. Every immigrant in the city would just drive a cab.

The difference being that you could make a legitimate argument that it's in the national interest to be able to provide basic food product such as eggs/chicken/dairy. If we didn't have supply management we'd have some other kind of agro subsidy like the americans do, or we'd have the dairy/poultry sector completely wiped out by cheap subsidized american subsitutes.

The difference being that you could make a legitimate argument that it's in the national interest to be able to provide basic food product such as eggs/chicken/dairy. If we didn't have supply management we'd have some other kind of agro subsidy like the americans do, or we'd have the dairy/poultry sector completely wiped out by cheap subsidized american subsitutes.
Places without control has access to diary and at at much better price than here.

Imagine if there was no cap. Every immigrant in the city would just drive a cab.

Yes, thus either driving down the price of using a cab through competition or if there's a price floor there would be an excess amount of cabbies sitting around. In either case you eventually reach the point where you have too many cabbies sitting around not earning money. Eventually people stop driving cabs because they could work other jobs that pay better.

Places without control has access to diary and at at much better price than here.

Americans pay for lower-priced dairy through their taxes that go to the farmer in federal subsidies. It's all the same shit, pay for it on your grocery bill or from your taxes, at least if it's on your grocery bill you can make the choice or not of purchasing it.

Americans pay for lower-priced dairy through their taxes that go to the farmer in federal subsidies. It's all the same shit, pay for it on your grocery bill or from your taxes, at least if it's on your grocery bill you can make the choice or not of purchasing it.
Well I think if you go down that argument route you'll notice USA taxes a LOT less and let's you buy whatever you want/need.

I pay my milk $2.99 a gallon and it's as good as the $7 one here.

Uber brings me food for 2.99. Taxis bring me road roge and murderous thoughts

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Well I think if you go down that argument route you'll notice USA taxes a LOT less and let's you buy whatever you want/need.

Yeah and America is lining itself up for a trillion-dollar annual deficit. There's a trade-off somewhere, so no one's paying for your cheap milk today, someone's kids will down the line.

Encore du cash pour buddyTaillefer.

Calice je n'avais pas pensé à ça lors de l’annonce! Teo taxi détient un bon nombre de permis de taxi. Donc Couillard va prendre notre cash pour faire un gros chèque à la compagnie de son directeur de campagne???? (Encore!)

Us milk also has basically 0 regulations to the hormones and antibiotics pumped into it, so maybe not "as good".

Back