Big Indycar wreck at Pocono

Méchant vol plané !
J'espère que le mec va bien s'en sortir.

En Indy et Nascar sur des ovale quand y'a des smash c'est toujours spectaculaire.

En regardant la reprise, ça se situe, en terme de gravité, entre ls accidents de Dale Earnhart et de Greg Moore. Les 2sont décédés.

En regardant la reprise, ça se situe, en terme de gravité, entre ls accidents de Dale Earnhart et de Greg Moore. Les 2sont décédés.

Oui et ça me rappelle aussi l'accident fatal de Dan Wheldon il y a 6 ou 7 ans sur l'oval de Las Vegas.

Greg Moore still hurts. Dale Sr yea it sucked but he had accomplished so much when he died

Wickens has broken legs, broken hands and ankles

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Greg Moore still hurts. Dale Sr yea it sucked but he had accomplished so much when he died

Wickens has broken legs, broken hands and ankles

Exactly the same crash as Dario in Houston a few years back that ended his career. The guys have to be more disciplined, it was lap 7 of a 200 lap race. Wickens could have/should have lifted, wheels shouldn't be making contact around corners on an oval.

Dale Sr when testing the HANS device well before his crash "Hell, I don't want that noose around my neck.." Famous last words.

Exactly the same crash as Dario in Houston a few years back that ended his career. The guys have to be more disciplined, it was lap 7 of a 200 lap race. Wickens could have/should have lifted, wheels shouldn't be making contact around corners on an oval.

Dale Sr when testing the HANS device well before his crash "Hell, I don't want that noose around my neck.." Famous last words.
Yep it's documented he did say something like that.

Professional race car drivers are a breed apart and don't try to take away their speed and desire to risk it all. Shit happens and that's racing and they know what they signed up for.
That being said, it really is a shame and sad to read , when shit like this goes down. Wheldon, Wickens and others - the list is long- performing as only gladiators do and sometimes paying the ultimate price.

I hope Wickens recovers to race again, and I hope they keep racing at this high level. For the rest- there is shuffle board.

This is so obvious. Open-wheel cars should simply be banned from ovals, period.

Yea but that's always been the allure of IndyCar...

There are positives. He still has some feeling in his legs, he still has function of his upper body. Look at Zarnardi, he is the true GOAT

Back