Debate on engines

Low_Civic

Legacy Member
So I’ve been having a debate with a colleague in regards to engines found in Audi A4’s, A3’s and so on. The main debate was focused on the;

2.0T engine, 3.2 and the S4’s 4.2. (*edit as i wrote the wrong engines)

Other than the power the 4.2 has, I personally love this engine. My colleague says the 2.0T is most reliable and easier to modify..

So I’m curious to see what does everyone else think, which is your preference and why?

Last edited:
Might wanna know which engine you're talking about before asking witch one is more reliable

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

which S4 has a 4.8l engine?
I hve no idea why i wrote 8, i meant the 4.2, i had this engine in an audi A6, was fun.

K20A2 is best
If VW or Audi would like to use this engine, then add it to the list

Might wanna know which engine you're talking about before asking witch one is more reliable

Sorry to be more specific...

2.0L TFSI

3.2L (not sure why i wrote 3.6)

and 4.2L (again not sure why i wrote 4.8)

in our discussion he owns a 2007 2.0T, i owned a 4.2 audi A6, so thats how the discussion began. Once again i do apologize for the error, i am a newb in Audi or VW as i have never owned one until recently.

I have only owned 3 vw’s

Jetta 1.8T
Mk5 r32
Mk7 golf r

hard to say which is better... but for pure sound and low end power... the VR6

But for speed and fuel economy... 2.0T.

Reliability the 3.2 win hand down .

For tuning the 2.0t win

For exploding timing chain the 4.2 wins

For tuning the 2.0t win

We have a winner ding ding ding!

Les vr 3.6 de Passat font des maudites bonnes bases de all-motor pour du drag, mais ça ne tient pas un turbo, dommage. Ça commençait à faire beaucoup de cylindrée sur un moteur transversal!

Les vieux VR 12v sont probablement les moteurs les plus solides bâti par VW, mais bordel que ça bouffe du gaz.

Le nouveau 2.5T a beeeeeeen de l'allure aussi, finalement une base 2.5 qui tient plus que 100hp par cylindre.

On dirait que Audi se sont amusés a faire des moteurs de S4 qui sautaient a 100 000km et qui étaient super complexes a travailler entre 2000 et 2010, quel dommage!

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

For tuning the 2.0t win

all 3 got issues, and big ones. Like they just blown without warning.

But at the end, you'll find a 2.0T at a reasonable price in the same day for a good price.

And yes, 3.2 seems to get less issues from these 3, but not much tuning options, and harder to find parts

Back