My car broke down in the USA.

Bearing likely went on 3 or 4 like they all do with high mileage

Either way it will be roughly 5k to repair... If you can find a cheapish engine

FYI car transport companies will only move cars that run. If it doesnt start or move they won't touch it. You will need a tow truck or something with a winch

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

J'ai déja quelques contacts ici, merci pour vos conseilles et je les garde en note!
J'attends juste que quelqu'un prend ma demande sur Shiply, esperons que ca se fait rapidement!

PAT piece auto me quote 3200$ pour un moteur.

Bearing likely went on 3 or 4 like they all do with high mileage

Either way it will be roughly 5k to repair... If you can find a cheapish engine

FYI car transport companies will only move cars that run. If it doesnt start or move they won't touch it. You will need a tow truck or something with a winch

Yes the car run and can be moved around, just not safe to drive away with it.

Un n54 c'est 3000-3500$ usagé. Calcul 1500$-2000$ si les turbos sont à reconditionnés. Souhaite que le reste soit en bon état (Fuel pump, valve cover...). Je suis passé par là avec une 135, ça coûte chère en maudit et tu ne reverras jamais cette argent dans la revente.

Tu vas perdre beaucoup plus que 500$ en vendant ta voiture à perte compte tenu de ta situation. Essaie d'avoir une bonne idée de combien peut te coûter le remplacement de ton moteur avec la main d'oeuvre ici pour te donner une idée de la faisabilité de cette opération.

J'aime pas trop l'idée de faire réparer ma voiture par des inconnus alors que je suis à 500 km de distance. Tu n'as aucune contrôle et tu peux t'en faire passer une vite ou deux. Je suis parano comme ça.
Yup, ma mère a chier la transmission de la camry dans le temps au sud des USA, le prix était correct mais ils ont mis une "rebuilt" de marde avec la 3 qui griche. Tu veux finir tes vacances et rentrer chez toi le garage sait que t'iras pas aux petites créances faire valoir ta garantie légale.

So no one replied to my Shiply add.
uShip quote me 3000$CAD loll.
US Canada Auto Transport quote me 1145$USD lol.

I called CAA and they can do it for 198$ with Premium card lol. But I have to be there, all good ill do a little road trip to Boston and bring the car back in a towing!
This is how they do it if youre curious : US towing tow to border and then a QC towing bring it to the garage from the border.

Not bad CAA!

If I plan this right, I can bus to Boston, rent a car there for the time being and then come back home with the tow truck!

Man... I just wanna say I feel your pain. being stranded in the middle of the road with a broken down vehicle is never ever fun. I hope things work out for you.

Man... I just wanna say I feel your pain. being stranded in the middle of the road with a broken down vehicle is never ever fun. I hope things work out for you.
This is why the wife has a new car or we just rent.

It's all good! Im a positif thinker, all I need to do is try to control the emotion of my gf lol. I bring her shopping and she forget the stress.
And yes next time ill rent a car if I go to USA or over 2h trip, I tried to save 100$ by using my car and now costing me more than 1k already lol.

Also I met all the people that helped us in Georges Mills (where I got off the highway) and in Manchester, it really give hope to humanity!
One lady give us her contact and was ready to bring us to Manchester if needed (1h drive).
They helped and never give up, calling people they know, calling garage nearby, calling other places (labor day long weekend, everything was closed).
The lady even video chat with a mechanic she know to help with the sound of the engine.
No one wanted to give up :bigup:

Lesson : Never buy a Bimmer without CAA :p

What lol. My 400 000km car took me to rimouski, to sagueny. Dont put all cars in the same boat ;)

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

I’ve driven across the Rockies multiple times in a 270k km mk3 jetta that was making coolant disappear and oil would leak everywhere. Also drove the fuck out of my EK before blowing the Y8 in it that probably had 300+k km in it hahaha

Hit or miss I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What lol. My 400 000km car took me to rimouski, to sagueny. Dont put all cars in the same boat ;)

Exactly. My crowns usually runs around 200k to 300k. No problem taking it cross country.

My 01 had 150 kms of my abuse thrown at it and it took me all over the eastern us.

It all depends on the car some cars just suck with high mileage then you find a town car from t.o limos with 1 million on the clock.

So no one replied to my Shiply add.
uShip quote me 3000$CAD loll.
US Canada Auto Transport quote me 1145$USD lol.

I called CAA and they can do it for 198$ with Premium card lol. But I have to be there, all good ill do a little road trip to Boston and bring the car back in a towing!
This is how they do it if youre curious : US towing tow to border and then a QC towing bring it to the garage from the border.

Not bad CAA!

If I plan this right, I can bus to Boston, rent a car there for the time being and then come back home with the tow truck!

CAA va l'apporter a ton garage favoris ou le plus proche de la frontiere?(le 2ieme cas est normalement le cas)

CAA va l'apporter a ton garage favoris ou le plus proche de la frontiere?(le 2ieme cas est normalement le cas)

si tu prend la CAA Gold , il l'amène ou tu veux dans un rayon de X km

dans les années 2000 , j'achetais des chars et les faisaient transportés par eux , 4 remorquages par années , y'a fallu que je prenne une carte au nom de ma mère et mon père tellement que j'en faisais

dans les années 2000 , j'achetais des chars et les faisaient transportés par eux , 4 remorquages par années , y'a fallu que je prenne une carte au nom de ma mère et mon père tellement que j'en faisais

Je fesais ca aussi, mais ils ont une systeme d evaluation si tu est une abuseur. Je travaillier la et ils m'haiser

150km for gold members.

Back