Here is a picture or my bathroom ceiling. I'd like to know what to do about it.

ThePapi

Ceiling paint was bubbling so obviously a moisture problem, and after scraping off the tiny bubbles it became apparent that the top coat of paint (the white paint) was problematic while the pink one was fine and still solid underneath.

However, some spots were definitely worse, especially around the screws holding the ceiling board, as you can see on the picture. When I scraped off the sketchy paint, it lifted right up to the screws, exposing them, plus a bunch of degraded gypsum board around the screws.

The screw heads are rusted so moisture got to them, obviously.

20180905_194526.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now, we just want to fix this shit and repaint the ceiling with proper prep and moisture resistant paint so it doesn't come off in tiny bubbles again.

I'm thinking I'd like to replace the screws but I'm scared it'll fuck up the gypsum even more around them.

Should I just GARDZ/RX-35 these spots and finish the job as usual or is there something else I should look into?

Thanks guys

As tu un ventilateur dans ta salle de bain pour évacuer l'humidité? Sinon c'est l'étape 1

How big is you bathroom ceiling?? I would honeslty take it all down put proper humidity resistant gyps (blue) then a proper fan and repaint with bathroom paint... also dont put the fan direclty above the shower.

good luck

Back