Bmw dealership recommended? Dashcam caught techs revving and flooring my car.

konrad

Hi everyone, I am looking to buy a new BMW slowly to replace the one I had for the last few years. My current car served me well, but now that I am accumulating mileage, it is time to start looking. Specifically looking for a wagon or maybe a sedan again.

Just took my current Bmw to a dealership a few days ago for a recall and by chance I saw the dashcam footage. The techs were revving my engine and flooring it up and down the aisle of their parking lot. The car was ok in the end, but did not really appreciate that.

This is why I want to ask which BMW dealer do you recommend that will also take care of your car in service as well and also offer a great sales experience? I want to avoid something like this if I am to buy a new car.

Thanks

Which BMW dealership behaved this way?

The only BMW wagon option is the 3 Series (F31), if you are looking at a CPO you have options and prices have really come down (low-resale value on these cars).

As far as BMW dealership, Laval and Park Avenue served me well in the past (I now service my car at an independent).

Je ne crois pas qu’aucun concessionnaire ne cautionne ce genre de comportement. De plus, blâmer un concessionnaire pour le comportement d’un seul employé n’est pas raisonnable. Des tatas, il y en dans les meilleurs garages. La chose à faire serait de contacter le gérant, je suis certain qu’il prendra l’événement au sérieux.

Je ne crois pas qu’aucun concessionnaire ne cautionne ce genre de comportement. De plus, blâmer un concessionnaire pour le comportement d’un seul employé n’est pas raisonnable. Des tatas, il y en dans les meilleurs garages. La chose à faire serait de contacter le gérant, je suis certain qu’il prendra l’événement au sérieux.

Exactement, OP prend le temps d'aller voir ton dealer et explique leur la situation et je suis certain qu'il vont corriger la situation avec le ou les employer

Approved, cet employé a besoin de se faire parler dans le cassss ou de simplement traverser la porte du concess pour une dernière fois.

plot twist - the employee was just doing an Italian tune up.

k no joke, you should talk to the manager + show the footage.

Would love to see the video. Not many people would arpiciate that indeed! Like previous said talk to the manager!

This.

This is why I am getting turned off from driving people's cars on road tests... Client says car has issue X etc. You do a couple hard pulls(nothing crazy, no rev limter) to figure out or log the issue. Is it doing at idle, partial thorttle, full throttle and what rpm range etc??? Then a week later person is complaining their car was beat up on on a local forum . Or better yet the "he was going 65kph in a 50 zone" or "my car only does this issue on the track at x speed" then you end up like the mechanic that was driving the Corvette and the owner posted the dashcam video saying he was '"Abusing" the car

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

this is why i am getting turned off from driving people's cars on road tests... Client says car has issue x etc. You do a couple hard pulls(nothing crazy, no rev limter) to figure out or log the issue. Is it doing at idle, partial thorttle, full throttle and what rpm range etc??? Then a week later person is complaining their car was beat up on on a local forum . Or better yet the "he was going 65kph in a 50 zone" or "my car only does this issue on the track at x speed" then you end up like the mechanic that was driving the corvette and the owner posted the dashcam video saying he was '"abusing" the car

sent from my eml-l09 using tapatalk

this x100000000.

This is why I am getting turned off from driving people's cars on road tests... Client says car has issue X etc. You do a couple hard pulls to figure out or log the issue. Is it doing at idle, partial thorttle, full throttle and what rpm range etc. Then a week later person is complaining their car was beat up on on a local forum . Or better yet the "he was going 65kph in a 50 zone"

To put things in context, my car went in for a heater blower motor harness recall. I doubt revving the crap out of my car in front of colleagues or flooring it helped diagnose anything with changing a bunch of wires. If it does, I guess I knew less about cars than I thought.

I understand your point though and in those situations, I completely agree for diagnosing. My mechanic takes my cars for spins when he needs to and I have no problem with that. I am sure when you take out your clients cars, you diagnose them but also treat the car with professionalism (heard great things about you). But there is a difference in this situation since it was not necessary.

No need to bash me about complaining, I did not post the name of the dealer or the video.....just asking for suggestions of dealers to go to. At the end of the day it's still my property that I care for.

Last edited:
This is why I am getting turned off from driving people's cars on road tests... Client says car has issue X etc. You do a couple hard pulls(nothing crazy, no rev limter) to figure out or log the issue. Is it doing at idle, partial thorttle, full throttle and what rpm range etc??? Then a week later person is complaining their car was beat up on on a local forum . Or better yet the "he was going 65kph in a 50 zone" or "my car only does this issue on the track at x speed" then you end up like the mechanic that was driving the Corvette and the owner posted the dashcam video saying he was '"Abusing" the car

I understand but if it's for an oil change and the car was flored at the dealer's parking lot, it's another story

J'approuve ce que gregster dit mais ça dépend de ce qui devait être vérifié/réparé sur la voiture. Si t'envoie ton char pour un changement d'huile ou de pneu et que le gars fait un "solide road test" au char il y a un problème.

Si par contre c'est justement un problème qui nécessite de soliciter la voiture, why not reving the car !

P.S. : Back in the days quand je pognais une belle voiture il m'arrivait quand même de faire un petit "tour de carré", sans brasser le char, juste pour le fun ;)

To put things in context, my car went in for a heater core harness recall. I doubt revving the crap out of my car in front of colleagues or flooring it helped diagnose anything with changing a harness. If it does, I guess I knew less about cars than I thought.

I understand your point though and in those situations, I completely agree for diagnosing. My mechanic takes my cars for spins when he needs to and I have no problem with that. I am sure when you take out your clients cars, you diagnose them but also treat the car with professionalism (heard great things about you). But there is a difference in this situation since it was not necessary.

No need to bash me about complaining, I did not post the name of the dealer or the video.....just asking for suggestions of dealers to go to. At the end of the day it's still my property that I care for.
Not bashing you. Just venting

Some of those recall bulletins are odd. I've seen some that will say "hold revs at 3/4 of redline for x" or "drive road test at such"

Back