Skates and stick recommendation?

Shaolin_Monk

Hey guys,

I used to play pretty competitive hockey and I haven’t followed equipment trends for about 10-15 years now....

By far my favorite pair of skates were Nike V12 and favorite stick was the green Easton synergy (see how long it’s been?) and I haven’t been able to find a stick that compares to it or skates that gave me the same type of support....

Im a powerful skater, weigh in at about 195 and play once or twice a week...

Any recommendations for both skates and stick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parce que c’est ma 3ème paire de Bauer et toujours très satisfait, ils fittent bien mes pieds (j’ai les pieds plus minces) les CCM / Reebok ont pas l’air durables de ce que j’ai vu d’autres gars. Jamais essayé de Graf.
Pour les warrior préférence perso tout simplement.

Bauer ou CCM, les deux font d'excellent patins mais comme tu jouais avec Nike, va dans le Bauer c'est ce qui se ressemble le plus niveau angle.

Moi j'ai du CCM Crazy light et c'est vraiment sur la coche. J'ai mit des black edge apres avoir cassé une lame, tres tough comme affutage.

Pour les batons je suis un fan de Warrior aussi mais mes derniers Covert m'ont pas impressionné, j'ai l'impression de shoté avec une branche d'arbre. J'aime pas pantoute le feedback du baton... Pour une réguine a 300$....

Je vais essayer le nouveau Alpha QX quand je vais en peter un mais la j'ai ressortie mon ''vieux'' Reebok et je garde mon covert comme mulet.

Sinon Bauer aussi on des bons stick

J’y suis aller avec le warrior qrl en spécial a 109... on va voir demain.. jamais jouer avec ça... pour les patins, j’ai des reebok milieu de gamme ça fais 1 an pis sont confo mais sont tous décrisper déjà... ma switcher a des vapors dans pas long je penses ben...

Vapor/suprême/RBZ Are the go to right now.

Don’t touch 90$ skates

Sticks that’s how you feel with it

Go into a store and have them size out your foot for size and shape. There are multiple lines in each brand for various foot types.

For the stick, don't try to find something that is like what you "remember" Memory over glorifies things a lot and the longer it's been, the muddier your memory is. Just go and try out some sticks in store on a synthetic surface to see how you like puck handling with it.

I can tell you I like CCM RBZ skates (current gen has been renamed Jetspeed) but that doesn't mean they'll fit your foot shape or your comfort. Same goes for sticks. I like the Sherwood T90 with a PP05 curve. Most people hate that curve.

If you like reebok skates go with CCM. I can tell you they are tough.

Can’t say that I like the Reebok’s other than they are comfy.... think I need a more aggressive stance.. which the vapor line will get me... Ccms and Reebok’s are more standard... I’ll try both but I think I’ll pay a bit more than last time....

Ended up buying the warrior QRL3 (regular price 169 on sale at 109$).

As advertised, great for wrist and snApshots on the fly and slap shot suffer a bit. Do love the feel of the stick and prefer it to my Bauer s180 I had before...

It’s a tossup with the ccm tack 5052. Will need a few more games to really test it out!

Back