5 best saves at Goodwood auto festival

This is proper racing. See how much better and more challenging it can be without 1 mile of concrete runoff area?

#modernF1isajoke

This is proper racing. See how much better and more challenging it can be without 1 mile of concrete runoff area?

#modernF1isajoke

The track has miles and miles of run-off area in some places, espacially for the vehicles involved.

What make that racing exciting:

1) long and soft tire sidewalls provide plenty of slip angle
2) Shit brakes provide long braking zones
3) heavy/no-handlin'/powerful is mixed with light/nimble/no power.

The track has miles and miles of run-off area in some places, espacially for the vehicles involved.

I will have to agree!!

that understeer beast @0:43

To be fair, it spent more time oversteering than understeering, and turn in like that with the front tires locked up and almost any car will understeer.

I've watched this vid multiple times today.. such awesomeness. Anyone ever gone to Goodwood? Are peasants even allowed to attend as spectators or is the whole event super private?

To be fair, it spent more time oversteering than understeering, and turn in like that with the front tires locked up and almost any car will understeer.

I've watched this vid multiple times today.. such awesomeness. Anyone ever gone to Goodwood? Are peasants even allowed to attend as spectators or is the whole event super private?

You sure can go. The tickets to the revival are somewhat lottery based for the most part I was offered tickets this year but decided to drive the Nurburgring in two weeks vs going to Goodwood. Tickets to the members meeting are around 120 GBP for the weekend. Last year someone wrecked at 250 GT, then got in the back up 275 GTB....

Chris Harris was saying the reproduction tires are similar to what they where in the 60s.. You need to saw away at the wheel for the car to turn, the tires have no grip and are all over the place. You can somewhat handle it in a vintage jag or Porsche but the Falcons, Camaros, Plymouths etc just light up the rear wheels then understeer away. Regardless you were steering as much with the wheel as you were with the throttle

#modernF1isajoke

Yes comparing F1 to vintage racing.... Best racing is BTCC, full contact, full action for the entire race.

You sure can go. The tickets to the revival are somewhat lottery based for the most part I was offered tickets this year but decided to drive the Nurburgring in two weeks vs going to Goodwood. Tickets to the members meeting are around 120 GBP for the weekend. Last year someone wrecked at 250 GT, then got in the back up 275 GTB....

Good to know. And I think you made the right choice with the Nürburgring, I would have done the same without hesitation...

Good to know. And I think you made the right choice with the Nürburgring, I would have done the same without hesitation...
Attending motorsport events in the UK is a great experience just walking the parking lot of the track will be more interesting than a cars and coffee event here.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Back