1997 Integra Type R sells for $63,800 USD at Barrett Jackson

allroad

Insane or just price?

This was an immaculate very low-mileage all original Type R. Still one the best Japanese cars ever made.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/23932/...t-sold-for-63800-at-barrett-jackson-las-vegas

comment calvers tu peux acheter un char de meme neuf et le rouler 2000 miles en 21 ans !!!!!!!!! blows my fucking mind.

comment calvers tu peux acheter un char de meme neuf et le rouler 2000 miles en 21 ans !!!!!!!!! blows my fucking mind.

I don't get the appeal of this car, it's an 1800cc 4 cylinder. Mostly internet hype. The price is a joke. Any stock S2000 would give much better fun than this for 1/3 of the price. People do this all the time with Buick GNXs and still many original early 90's ZR1 with barely any mileage on them.

A little insane, but I'm not surprised. It's a sign of things to come.

As we get older and wealthier, there's no doubt some people will be keen to re-create their gran turismo car collection and do so at any cost.

This one looks like a proper "collection piece" and a worthy example of the epitome on 1990's Honda (mainstream) know how.
It doesn't get much better than this in the high rev japanese FWD with a "racing pedigree" category. It sorta redefined what a FWD car could achieve.

S2000s are neat, but they'll never have this mix of "Championship White + Type R badge appeal.

I don't get the appeal of this car, it's an 1800cc 4 cylinder. Mostly internet hype. The price is a joke. Any stock S2000 would give much better fun than this for 1/3 of the price. People do this all the time with Buick GNXs and still many original early 90's ZR1 with barely any mileage on them.

You have clearly never driven one on the track.

You have clearly never driven one on the track.

You would be 100% correct. You make is sound like it's some sort of Ferrari Stradale. It's a 14 second 1/4 mile FWD car. This car would not even crack the top 10 cars I'd want to drive on the track, probably not even the top 20. lol..track. It's a 200hp car.

A comment like this just shows how out of touch of reality you are when it comes to driving cars.
This is the best and among the most rare FWD cars ever to be be produced- EVER. The sale price is quite high and it did surprise even myself. Agreed that only putting 2000km on the car also kinda misses the point of owning a car like this.
An investment it was.
There was no internet hype for this car- it was pre- internet when released- it was just a kick ass car that still is.
I drove my S2000 and ITR back to back Saturday and I can say that the ITR still offers all of the thrill and the S2000 is pretty close fun.

On s'en fou du 200hp, là n'est même pas le but de cette voiture. :laugh: at internet interest... This car is living a hype since is production.

le 63k est un peu ridicule, je m'attendais à un 35-40k

You would be 100% correct. You make is sound like it's some sort of Ferrari Stradale. It's a 14 second 1/4 mile FWD car. This car would not even crack the top 10 cars I'd want to drive on the track, probably not even the top 20. lol..track. It's a 200hp car.
Its not a 1/4 mile car.... But it's a track beast. You don't need 600hp to have fun and good numbers on the track.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

still, on some track it's plenty of fun. Not a car for a track like Tremblant, but at a smaller technical track like ASE or Mecaglisse you'll give a hard time to a lot of way more powerful cars.

I was at ASE this week end with my cayman and I had a few of them lap the track faster than me. In fact, most of them were faster than me

still, on some track it's plenty of fun. Not a car for a track like Tremblant, but at a smaller technical track like ASE or Mecaglisse you'll give a hard time to a lot of way more powerful cars.

I was at ASE this week end with my cayman and I had a few of them lap the track faster than me. In fact, most of them were faster than me

Actually you would be surprised how much fun it is on big tracks. I took mine to Mospprt a few years back, when my main track car was down. I can say that turn 8 with just a little lift was quite exciting. Less power mean less braking means more entry speed... and 2400lbs..... its fun

I was not saying it's not fun by any means. I just meant it'll be hard to compete with big engines cars on such tracks. It was not expressed clearly in my post.

Funny how butthurt people get in here when you don't tow the line, 'you don't understand, blah blah'.... It's a 200hp FWD car, zero interest in driving this on a track. The price is absurd, that's all I mean to say. You can thank the FED and low interest rate policy for the collector car bubble and these prices. I'd take a final edition S2000 CR in Apex Blue over this any day, over and over even if the price was $20,000.

Funny how butthurt people get in here when you don't tow the line, 'you don't understand, blah blah'.... It's a 200hp FWD car, zero interest in driving this on a track. The price is absurd, that's all I mean to say. You can thank the FED and low interest rate policy for the collector car bubble and these prices. I'd take a final edition S2000 CR in Apex Blue over this any day, over and over even if the price was $20,000.
I guess people get butthurt when someone completely lacks credibility by talking about a car he has never driven.

Ok we get it, you hate the ITR because it's too slow in the 1/4, you can stop now.

Back