NO MANUAL TRANSMISSION - FOR 2019 BMW 3 Series.

J'ai de moins en moins d'intérêt pour les nouvelles autos... Je crois pas être le seul. Pas sur que les constructeurs sont vraiment a l'écoute.

J'ai de moins en moins d'intérêt pour les nouvelles autos... Je crois pas être le seul. Pas sur que les constructeurs sont vraiment a l'écoute.
Ils sont à l'écoute des Ginette, c'est elles qui font rouler la business, pas les joueurs de Gran Turismo.

This has been coming for ages. Why is anyone shocked ?

No manual for NA... Same with Audi. Let's face it NA roads are flat, people are lazy and nearly every 3er sold in NA is already auto... I only know of a handful of people with manual F30s as it stands

Europe will still have manuals and for good reason. Good luck trying to get up a mountain road in a 318d or worse 316d with an auto...

Our friend here has an automatic 114i. Dear lord...

Last edited:

No manual for NA... Same with Audi. Let's face it NA roads are flat, people are lazy and nearly every 3er sold in NA is already auto... I only know of a handful of people with manual F30s as it stands

Europe will still have manuals and for good reason. Good luck trying to get up a mountain road in a 318d or worse 316d with an auto...

certainly not surprised, but disappointed that the ''driver's car'' manufacturer prefer to please the average babyboomer than the sporting driver their values are based on? yes. I'd happily pick a Genesis G70 over any non-M BMW.

If it's going to have an internal combustion engine, bolt it to a manual transmission. For everyone else, get an electric car.

certainly not surprised, but disappointed that the ''driver's car'' manufacturer prefer to please the average babyboomer than the sporting driver their values are based on? yes. I'd happily pick a Genesis G70 over any non-M BMW.

If it's going to have an internal combustion engine, bolt it to a manual transmission. For everyone else, get an electric car.

This is actually an interesting point, as BMW & Audi having manual transmissions on a wide variety of their A4-3er lines was a big +++ for me, but there are so many choices that are auto-only now, which imo makes the german cars of this category less and less appealing vs, as mentioned, a G70/Stinger which offers more for less $$, and is gaining quickly on quality. Same goes for the Japanese premiums, at least in the case of Infiniti/lexus, that are as desireable as a current MB, Bimmer & Audi... My 2c

Prévisible et désolant. Une série 3 sans manuelle est un sacrilège. Ils devraient changer de nom.

There are still many nice mt cars out there though. Focus RS, Golf R, STI, Golf 4motion, FRS, Type R, base trim Porsches, Corvette, etc. Too bad for mainstream Germans, but we can still speak with our wallet (not mine) and take our money elsewhere.

what a shame !I'm not planning on getting the next 3 series BMW, or audi+infinity+kia+merceds merger they call a 3 series. I'm gonna enjoy my current f30 sedan 6 speed for some time, starting to like it a bit more than at first.

There are still many nice mt cars out there though. Focus RS, Golf R, STI, Golf 4motion, FRS, Type R, base trim Porsches, Corvette, etc. Too bad for mainstream Germans, but we can still speak with our wallet (not mine) and take our money elsewhere.

agreed. unfortunately, mine can only encourage MTs in brand new economy cars.

À chaque fois que je vois du monde qui sont attachés à leur transmission manuelle, je pense à ça

1642045.png

C'Est directement lié avec l'évolution des gens. Les jobs manuelles sont en déclins, je suis dans le domaine de la construction, pis trouver des employés compétent c'Est dur en criss.

Mais le monde savent en tbk comment marche la fonction intagram sur leur iphone....

C'Est carrément en liens direct avec leur mode de vie : ils veulent toute automatique. Donc, femme de ménage, électro automatique, sous-traitance en tout, ainsi leur voiture automatique !

C'Est indirecte comme lien, mais c'Est un lien pareil.

Je n'ai jamais trouvé cool les gens qui ne savent rien faire ! Mais eux se trouven ben cool. Will keep mes affaires manuelles.

Pas étonnant non plus que les pistes fermes, que le monde chiale.

"dans mon temps on chialais pas pas du bruit des pistes de courses, on y allait faire du bruit''.

Très triste pour la ''Culture automobile'', je trouve que se procurer des char plate et automatique c'Est coutume en amerique du nord, et le monde ne sen préocupent pu.

Est-ce que si la demande avait été moins téteuses sur les automatiques on aurait eux de quoi de cool dans le manuelle? oui certain ! checker les corvettes.
Mais l'efficacité a été développée sur les automatiques, c'Est la game.

Anyway, pour ceux que ça inquète : les veilles voitures à clutch vont survivre jusquau temps que va être ''obliger'' de conduire une voiture electrique. (pile chimique ou hydrogène). donc pas de transmission pour l'efficacité. mec 645

mes voitures sont toute manuel, quand je conduit un automatic, j'ai plus l'impression que c'est la voiture qui control la voiture que moi. J'aime pas ce feeling.

pour ce qui est de la manuel qui fase out dans les productions, c'est un peu normale, de moins en moins de gens en amerique du nord aime conduire pour conduire, les gens ne veulent pas se casser la tete et avoir des vehicules qui font le plus de chose tout seul. bientot, avec les vehicules electrique, ya pas juste le manuel qui vas disparaitre, mais l'automatic aussi.

en tk, j'espere que je ne serais plus la pour voir ca.

vous pouvez toujours vous rabattre sur Genesis et Kia qui offrent leur berlines sportives manuelles.

What's your actual definition of an "auto" transmission? Because in 2018 that seems to be an overly vague term thrown around. Is everything without 3 pedals an auto? If not, is PDK an auto? The quality of life improvements of a PDK or well implemented DSG are a welcome improvement. I've only ever driven 3 pedals cars, that amounts to 6 cars in all my years. I've recently spent some time with a modern DSG and will likely never go back to 3 pedals for a commuter car. When in manual mode you have the benefit of the car automatically shifting into 1st gear as you come to a stop, so there's no toying like you would in a 3 pedal setup to get the car back into 1st to accelerate again (think any situation where you don't come to a complete stop.) Perfect up shifts at redline - so there is no tach watching or listening for an audible notification on when to shift, also no potential for mis shift. And then there the open option to stick in "drive" when in traffic. You can still do all of the fun stuff in manual mode, like holding your desired gear, down shifting to reduce speed and avoid braking, satisfaction for user interaction with the paddles, etc.

I used to be a die hard 3 pedal egoist - everything else was inferior. For commuter purposes, the 3 pedal setup should be put to rest IMO.

What's your actual definition of an "auto" transmission? Because in 2018 that seems to be an overly vague term thrown around. Is everything without 3 pedals an auto? If not, is PDK an auto? The quality of life improvements of a PDK or well implemented DSG are a welcome improvement. I've only ever driven 3 pedals cars, that amounts to 6 cars in all my years. I've recently spent some time with a modern DSG and will likely never go back to 3 pedals for a commuter car. When in manual mode you have the benefit of the car automatically shifting into 1st gear as you come to a stop, so there's no toying like you would in a 3 pedal setup to get the car back into 1st to accelerate again (think any situation where you don't come to a complete stop.) Perfect up shifts at redline - so there is no tach watching or listening for an audible notification on when to shift, also no potential for mis shift. And then there the open option to stick in "drive" when in traffic. You can still do all of the fun stuff in manual mode, like holding your desired gear, down shifting to reduce speed and avoid braking, satisfaction for user interaction with the paddles, etc.

I used to be a die hard 3 pedal egoist - everything else was inferior. For commuter purposes, the 3 pedal setup should be put to rest IMO.
Torque converter.... I do love me a modern automatic in a daily driver DSG, PDK, Conventional Torque converter etc.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Back