NO MANUAL TRANSMISSION - FOR 2019 BMW 3 Series.

Manual transmissions have certain legitimate benefits over automatic. What benefits do rotary phones offer?

I disagree, modern 7/8 speed automatics , have equal or greater power and fuel efficiency vs. manual counter-part. I see no reasonable benefit versus a modern automatic. Just more frustration in traffic.

Je conduis une DSG 7 vitesses à chaque jour, c'est bien mais ce n'est pas une manuelle. Avec une manuelle, quand tu cruises à 70km/h, qu'un cave vient te couper et que tu drop ca en 2ième le gaz au fond en droppant violament la clutch avec les pneus qui spin...jamais tu n'auras ce genre de feeling en dual clutch.

I disagree, modern 7/8 speed automatics , have equal or greater power and fuel efficiency vs. manual counter-part. I see no reasonable benefit versus a modern automatic. Just more frustration in traffic.
It's not beneficial to drive a manual car, simply more enjoyable.

Oh the outrage !!!

What do you drive i may ask ? oh a 2007 mazda 3 Automatic ... (a car that should really be manual )

B8.5 audi S4 has a good difference if i recall 10-15% beftween the MANual and the DSG . If that's your only car and you do 30k /year . that's could make a difference

I can only imagine nowagays with 10Speed sophisticated automatic vs 6-speed man
# SadButTrue

Oh the outrage !!!

What do you drive i may ask ? oh a 2007 mazda 3 Automatic ... (a car that should really be manual )

B8.5 audi S4 has a good difference if i recall 10-15% beftween the MANual and the DSG . If that's your only car and you do 30k /year . that's could make a difference

I can only imagine nowagays with 10Speed sophisticated automatic vs 6-speed man
# SadButTrue
2014 Mazda3 manual.

I agree with you. Automatics are better. Manuals are more fun. Driver's car = most fun behind the wheel. Am I missing something?

Tu niaise ??
Voyons donc.

Je parle par expérience, en plus.

Hey, en passant, tu dois trouver ça fifon en ostie un Buick Grand National, c’est tous des automashit. T’es ben trop virile pour ce char-là.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Je parle par expérience, en plus.

Hey, en passant, tu dois trouver ça fifon en ostie un Buick Grand National, c’est tous des automashit. T’es ben trop virile pour ce char-là.

Meh they say never meet your heros.. I once drove a pristine GNX ... It honestly wasn't anything special or mind blowing. It was what I sorta expect it to be... Not a let down but don't get all the rage or mystique around it. Stomp on the gas, nothing happens, turbo spools, you see sky, push on the 80s GM brakes to sorta slow down and make that corner. It would not be any better or worse with a manual... Cool car yes but just not my thing

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

A manual transmission gives you more control over the actual vehicle, that's the only benefit I'm referring to. I've been in a situation before where without a clutch, I would have likely ended up in someone's backyard, just to give one example.

Torque converter automatic transmission are less efficient, they produce more heat. But with less gears and with most of the time too short overdrive gear, it's not difficult to beat the manual transmission fuel consumption.

Meh they say never meet your heros.. I once drove a pristine GNX ... It honestly wasn't anything special or mind blowing. It was what I sorta expect it to be... Not a let down but don't get all the rage or mystique around it. Stomp on the gas, nothing happens, turbo spools, you see sky, push on the 80s GM brakes to sorta slow down and make that corner. It would not be any better or worse with a manual... Cool car yes but just not my thing

Plus rapide qu’une Porsche 911 turbo de la même année sur le quart de mile.

On peut en dire autant de la Testarossa. C’est rien à se jeter à terre.

Oh wait, ces 2 dernières ont des transmissions d’hommes, ça d’où être pour ça qu’elles sont vénérées.

Oh wait, ces 2 dernières ont des transmissions d’hommes, ça d’où être pour ça qu’elles sont vénérées.

Yea because 1/4 is life

Folks, this for you BMW purist(s), this may be the end of the line. The 2019 3 series BMW will not offer a manual transmission .
I suspect that after 2019 you will not be able to get ANY bmw with manual (barring maybe a super select package ie:an m3/m4
competition/track package-or whatever terminology they use).

This year may be it for the the manual driver , the end of an era.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/10/02/2019-bmw-3-series-manual-transmission/

Les char neuf m'interesse depuis environ 15 ans, excepter une 350z, 370z, g35, g37, s2000, Scion FRs...

Un char pour moi c'est manuel rien d'autre

a manual transmission gives you more control over the actual vehicle, that's the only benefit i'm referring to. I've been in a situation before where without a clutch, i would have likely ended up in someone's backyard, just to give one example.

manual forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tu n'achetes pas une testa en 2018 pour ses performances non plus, une golf r est plus rapide... Mais la testa est belle dans le garage et sur Cresent, pas ta redneck mobile. Et elle tourne quand elle n'est pas en panne.

Tu n'achetes pas une testa en 2018 pour ses performances non plus, une golf r est plus rapide... Mais la testa est belle dans le garage et sur Cresent, pas ta redneck mobile. Et elle tourne quand elle n'est pas en panne.

Les goûts sont dans la nature mais je trouve ça très sexy un GNX.
Mais je prendrais toujours manuelle vs automatique si jai le choix dans un char sport.

Reviens en avec ta Corvette et GNX, tu as une fixation sur ces voitures, comme si c'était des merveilles.

Reviens en avec ta Corvette et GNX, tu as une fixation sur ces voitures, comme si c'était des merveilles.

J’ai aussi une fixation sur la Corvette 1966 427 décapotable Nassau Blue et sur le Chevy Belair 1957 rouge décapotable.

La différence entre et toi, c’est la génération. T’es un millennial et je ne le suis pas.

T’as le jupon européen qui dépasse de ton pantalon Capri.

Uh huh. 930 was made for traveling between Stuttgart and Frankfurt to Köln at 230-250kph all day long, same goes for the 512TR. I'm not hating on the GNX but it was made for a different purpose... Hell it had drum brakes with aluminum drums... Sorry I didn't like it. Do I resprct it yes but just don't get the hype around it. The Playboy or banker doesn't arrive to the party in a Buick...

Unlike most people on MR I've actually spent time behind the wheel of cars and not just reading about them on Wikipedia

Back