Tinting a VW Golf - Issue?

Y sont pas faite sur ma R et le gars des vitres m a dit que souvent il wrap en noir cette portion par l exterieur...

Honnêtement je voulais le faire wrapper et comme Rob je le vois jamais je m en calisse finalement LOL

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181010/6318062dfcd001c5b6b7c9c48df1e10c.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Ouin mais tes vitres avant sont presque pas teintées... Si c'était vraiment teinté la différence serait plus flagrante.

Asteur que je le sais ça va m'énerver. :p

a07d2a7369e910edd5a63c064899b65f.jpg

Sur celle la ca parait un peu..

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

C'est pas fait sur ma fiesta pis ça paraît pas.

Ya personne qui va regarder la petite fenêtre qui sert a rien, arrêtez avec votre ocd
8e4cce280703bc6567b629814aa70abb.jpg

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Moi je vois celle passagé quand je suis assis dans mon char pis sa menerve (et mes vitre sont même pas encore teinté imagine...)

So then the conclusion is that there are no local shops that care about evolving their craft to include tinting these sections, and the local clientele for the most part is satisfied with the mediocrity. Sounds like a business opportunity.

So then the conclusion is that there are no local shops that care about evolving their craft to include tinting these sections, and the local clientele for the most part is satisfied with the mediocrity. Sounds like a business opportunity.

You're looking at it in a very condescending and douchy way. The local guys, a lot of which are pros who've been doing it for years, and decades, do not need to "improve" or "evolve" their craft. They just don't see the point in wasting their time on something so mundane and that only a select few extremely picky and annoying people care for. Those people are also the type of clients that you do NOT want because of said picky-ness.

As you can see in this thread, the general consensus is that 1), people don't care and 2) it's not even noticeable when a darker than legal film is applied to the adjacent glass (so it definitely isn't visible when a legal film is applied). This isn't being OCD, it's just being annoying for the sake of being annoying.

You're looking at it in a very condescending and douchy way. The local guys, a lot of which are pros who've been doing it for years, and decades, do not need to "improve" or "evolve" their craft. They just don't see the point in wasting their time on something so mundane and that only a select few extremely picky and annoying people care for. Those people are also the type of clients that you do NOT want because of said picky-ness.

As you can see in this thread, the general consensus is that 1), people don't care and 2) it's not even noticeable when a darker than legal film is applied to the adjacent glass (so it definitely isn't visible when a legal film is applied). This isn't being OCD, it's just being annoying for the sake of being annoying.
Best reply ever!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Stop being a picky SOB!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Barrier to entry for tinting and wrap application isn't high. Differentiation and customer satisfaction is then even more important. Some people like quantity over quality and bask in the glory of mediocrity. Have pride in your work and excel. Or like you've so eloquently put it, you can project hostility and put the owness on the customer to settle for an inferior service rendered because "its mundane". News flash - applying film to cars is a mundane job. If you don't have the passion to improve then move on. Only you could turn striving to be better at a trade an inefficient waste of time to appease the picky and annoying. Strong SMB sense my man.

Barrier to entry for tinting and wrap application isn't high. Differentiation and customer satisfaction is then even more important. Some people like quantity over quality and bask in the glory of mediocrity. Have pride in your work and excel. Or like you've so eloquently put it, you can project hostility and put the owness on the customer to settle for an inferior service rendered because "its mundane". News flash - applying film to cars is a mundane job. If you don't have the passion to improve then move on. Only you could turn striving to be better at a trade an inefficient waste of time to appease the picky and annoying. Strong SMB sense my man.

You can try to use "big words" to make it look like you're the one who's "right" in the argument, but at the end of the day, if you feel the barrier to entry for tint and wrap is so easy, then go ahead and do it yourself. There's tint available at Canadian Tire. Pros don't have time to try to satisfy the unsatisfyable.

^^ There’s some truth to this IMO.

I believe most customers are ok with ok work... As long as it’s not THAT bad, people in general won’t complain. And that applies to all kind of work.

Then when someone a little more «*demanding*» comes in and ask for a nicer job, it’s often like they are wrong or asking too much. Whatever happened to being proud of your work or going the extra mile to stand out from the rest ? Btw I’m not saying none of you are, I’m making a general statement.

If I owned a Golf like this, I would want all my windows tinted, even the small ones. I’d ask they find a way... So then I guess I would be the picky, OCD one. That annoying customer... Oh well..

It is a weird design, you can't even get your fingers in the hole and clean the glass never mind try to tint.

If you saw it in person it lets so little light in from the inside you can't tell if there is no tint with the light tint we have to use in Quebec. yes maybe in Florida or texas rolling with limo tint you may be able to notice.

The only way to tint it is to remove the glass, which is held in with urethane so if you want to cut the seal and remove it from the car then put it back , doing who knows how much damage to the car feel free.

I have done more golf's then I can remember, never tinted one, if you absolutely need it done you don't need a better tinter you need a therapist... LOL

Last edited:
^^not doing extra windows is not the same thing as doing "just ok" work. The work could be 110% perfect on every other window. Which means you cannot possibly get a higher QUALITY of work. This has nothing to do with quality or wanting a "nicer job" or "evolving one's craft"...it has everything to do with wanting something for the sake of wanting it.

You can equate it to someone coming to see me for a detail, and asking me to put tire shine on the INNER side wall of the tires.

From what I've been told by tint installers, the window CAN be done, but its seal needs to be cut out and then the window must be glued back in, which would void the warranty.

^^not doing extra windows is not the same thing as doing "just ok" work. The work could be 110% perfect on every other window. Which means you cannot possibly get a higher QUALITY of work. This has nothing to do with quality or wanting a "nicer job" or "evolving one's craft"...it has everything to do with wanting something for the sake of wanting it.

You can equate it to someone coming to see me for a detail, and asking me to put tire shine on the INNER side wall of the tires.

From what I've been told by tint installers, the window CAN be done, but its seal needs to be cut out and then the window must be glued back in, which would void the warranty.

I agree about the quality of the rest of the work, I understand that. But can we consider a "more complete" job makes the whole job better, to a higher standard ? I would say so.

As for your example, those windows can easily be seen/noticed from just standing outside the car, unlike inner sidewalls, so I don't think it's quite the same thing. I think it all comes down to one's level of tolerance, but to say someone is OCD, picky or annoying because he is demanding for more is harsh IMO. Of course, there is a way of asking, and it can make sense as long as it is reasonable.

How about next time when you have no actual standing in the profession being discussed you don't pick up the white knight mantle and parrot "what you've been told". You look like a moron. Like I said in my original post there are vidoes on youtube on how to tint this section.

Yup seal needs to be cut, and warranty voided................................

How about next time when you have no actual standing in the profession being discussed you don't pick up the white knight mantle and parrot "what you've been told". You look like a moron. Like I said in my original post there are vidoes on youtube on how to tint this section.

https://youtu.be/Un5IqLZkcg4

Dude, chill out..

Lolll now arguing over a tinting on a tiny window that nobody cares? Classic MR

Honestly i don't even notice that tiny window itself, let alone the tint. If you are ocd, then that's your problem
There is a reason why most places don't do it and client don't mind accepting it as is.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

on golfmk7.com they say some tinter pull out the A pillar. The job is way easier like that. They carry clip in case they break one and voilà !

did you call the reference i gave you? i would be surprised that they don't do it. they are extremely meticulous.
Snake can vouch for them too.

https://youtu.be/Un5IqLZkcg4

I like how in the video he just uses tons of water to clean, makes sense since you can't get in there.....

Except right bellow the A pillar on a Mk7 is the BCM, used to be at the bottom but they moved it up on the latest ones, they mount it sideways up against the side (I do remote starters)

So you are essentially emptying a ton of water to drip on the BCM.

Back