Where to buy produce (West Island preferably)...

doctor

As the title says, I’m looking for a good place to buy fresh and clean produce in the West Island (DDO).

I’ve been buying from the Marche de l’Ouest all summer but they’re closing for the season soon so I’m looking for an alternative. I do buy large quantities so price is a factor...

Merci pour votre aide!!!

Are you looking for specific things? It may not be farm fresh, but I find the quality of what Costco has is quite good for the most part.

Yeah sorry should have specified...Cucumbers, Celery, Broccoli, Kale, Spinach, Carrots, Beets, Lemon, Ginger and Turmeric is what I buy the most...Used to buy most things from Costco but after having farm fresh from Marche de l’Ouest there’s no comparison!

Well now is the time of year when stuff really won't be that local and "fresh"...

I'd just avoid Sami Fruits like the plague..

I don't buy large quantities but they have nice fruit and produce at Euro-Marché in DDO (or is it Roxboro?)

I used to go to Adonis on Sources but their parking is designed so that if you want to ding your car door that's the best spot.

Having said that, if you need large quantities of produce, like for a restaurant or any institutional need you might want to check with a wholesaler like GFS or Sysco. I think Sysco can wholesale produce.

Last I heard IGA, Metro, Maxi, Super C, Loblaws and anything similar to those sell produce

Haven't been to Super C and Loblaws in a while but IGA, Metro and Maxi's produce is not great quality compared to even Costco. They're also way overpriced for the quality. IGA and Metro are the worst culprits for quality/price ratio for produce and meat.

Maxi's a bit cheaper but the produce isn't much better.

Costco is a lot cheaper but they can be hit or miss like with Strawberries for example that can go either way, or apples.

Last I heard IGA, Metro, Maxi, Super C, Loblaws and anything similar to those sell produce
There are only x amount of produce wholesalers that supply the region. Even "farmers" at markets generally are just resellers with a few local things tossed in. What they do is buy all the vegetables with imperfections then pass it off as "farm fresh" It's not hard to figure out what grows in Quebec in what season.

As I said before nothing like buying those Quebec Bananas and Oranges . If you want the best stuff you need to do a bit of research such as visit the farm. The market I visit in Lachine is pretty good there is lots of local stuff but also in the mix is not local stuff which is clearly written. Atwater is pricey and can be hit or miss.

Haven't been to Super C and Loblaws in a while but IGA, Metro and Maxi's produce is not great quality compared to even Costco. They're also way overpriced for the quality. IGA and Metro are the worst culprits for quality/price ratio for produce and meat.

Maxi's a bit cheaper but the produce isn't much better.

Costco is a lot cheaper but they can be hit or miss like with Strawberries for example that can go either way, or apples.
Maxi actually has great Kale and the cheapest. Problem is not all stores have it and nearly every store is a disaster zone... Nothing like having every single piece of fruit with a nail mark in it because "yo men cest pas fraiz, sak pase" then having to wait in line for 20 mins because someone is price matching an entire cart of meat

Maxi is good for canned or boxed items. They are the cheapest

Google chef514 if it's for a restaurant and you want local farm to table. It's an acquaintance's startup but no idea what they exactly propose, how much, etc.

Yeah sorry should have specified...Cucumbers, Celery, Broccoli, Kale, Spinach, Carrots, Beets, Lemon, Ginger and Turmeric is what I buy the most...Used to buy most things from Costco but after having farm fresh from Marche de l’Ouest there’s no comparison!
Fresh lemon from the marché?

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

Back