BMW n54 fiabilité ?

Fox body

Bonjour , J'ai entendu plusieurs mauvais et bon commentaires sur les moteur N54 de Bmw je voulais savoir si je suis mieux de pas toucher a sa ou ce n'est pas si pire ... ? La voiture en question est une bmw 2007 335i avec 93 000 km .La voiture va rouler environ 10 000 km par années . Merci !

Last edited:
Injecteurs changés?
High pressure fuel pump changée?
Turbo wastegate rattle?

Voila tes trois principaux problèmes.

Maintenant sors le carproof ou essaie d avoir un historique d entretien. Car c est low pas mal comme km pour un 2007..

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Même flambant neuf c'était problématique. Faut faire de l'aveuglement volontaire pour se dire qu'un examplaire qui a 10 ans c'est une bonne idée. Ça fais une couple d'années que le manufacturier s'en lave les mains.

Likely looking around 1500-3000$ a year in maintence and that's if it's been somewhat taken care of. Look for white or blue smoke on start up...

They all have waste gate rattle, even later models with the newer style turbos. They all rattle, guess what? N55s have started doing it too.

Besides the usual suspect oil leaks the early N54s weren't exactly stellar when new. I'd expect injectors with that low mileage. Intake valves will need to be cleaned, belt and tension replaced, vac lines replaced. Water pump. HPFP are so hit or miss, I know some cars that have had 3-4 done already and some that have had the recalled version installed ages ago and it's still okay. Being a 2007 it may not even have a factory oil cooler ... the CAS module will prob die soon...

not Horrible to work on no but when stuff goes wrong it's still not cheap to fix... I much rather go for an N52 , yes less power but less complexity. I'd pass on non LCI 335i

Don't boost it unless you wish to be replacing the engines ... We have been seeing more and more spun bearings on early cars and broken cranks. I

It's going to be an almost 12 year old car with service costs that have no really come down all that much since new. However there is enough information out there on what goes or how to fix it. I tell everyone but the best one you can with the best history but if it were me I'd pass unless the purchase price was so low you can have some play for repairs once you start driving it

mon bo frere a une 335xi 2009 rendu a 160 000km et je peux pas dire quil met vraiment dargent la dessus. Il roule avec jb4 en plus. C'est plus fiable que j'aurais cru.

mon bo frere a une 335xi 2009 rendu a 160 000km et je peux pas dire quil met vraiment dargent la dessus. Il roule avec jb4 en plus. C'est plus fiable que j'aurais cru.

il y a toujours du monde qui ont ce genre d'histoire, probablement pour plusieurs facteurs, tel que rpm, type huile, changement d'huile plus fréquent, etc.

J'avais lu sur le sujet , pour une 535 wagon, 6 vitesses, et en effet, ce que Greg dit, c'est pas mal dans ce que j'avais lu.

Je suivais le build de Adam LZ, et il en parle de son N54, c'est quelque chose à faire marcher quand tu as 700whp.
cependant, Beaucoupe de pièces, beaucoup de potentiel.

inb4 que l'internet dit n'importe quoi... Bref, quand je vois que les 3 premières pages google disent la meme affaire, sur des cas de vrais prorios, pour moi c'est suffisant pour me faire une idée.

ya surement des dealer qui offre encore une garantie prolongé pour le cas de OP? 97k km c'est surement éligible.

Likely looking around 1500-3000$ a year in maintence and that's if it's been somewhat taken care of. Look for white or blue smoke on start up...

They all have waste gate rattle, even later models with the newer style turbos. They all rattle, guess what? N55s have started doing it too.

Besides the usual suspect oil leaks the early N54s weren't exactly stellar when new. I'd expect injectors with that low mileage. Intake valves will need to be cleaned, belt and tension replaced, vac lines replaced. Water pump. HPFP are so hit or miss, I know some cars that have had 3-4 done already and some that have had the recalled version installed ages ago and it's still okay. Being a 2007 it may not even have a factory oil cooler ... the CAS module will prob die soon...

not Horrible to work on no but when stuff goes wrong it's still not cheap to fix... I much rather go for an N52 , yes less power but less complexity. I'd pass on non LCI 335i

Don't boost it unless you wish to be replacing the engines ... We have been seeing more and more spun bearings on early cars and broken cranks. I

It's going to be an almost 12 year old car with service costs that have no really come down all that much since new. However there is enough information out there on what goes or how to fix it. I tell everyone but the best one you can with the best history but if it were me I'd pass unless the purchase price was so low you can have some play for repairs once you start driving it

Merci pour les informations !

Back