alternator Choices

kdryden99

So since my other post didnt get any responses and is slowly creeping down the totem pole I created a new thread.

Battery light and handbrake light came on. Kept on driving the car until last Wednesday when I lost power and the car went into limp mode. Everything so far suggests alternator. I looked at Rockauto and they have Hitachi, Denso, Bosch, ACDelco and I don't know which are reliable or which of these Nissan Originally used. I called the dealer and I wont even bring up their price even though its been widely suggested everywhere that dealer ones are the best since they are rebuilt properly.

I have read that Amazon is a good place to buy them since they are generally manufacturer rebuilt unlike local parts dealers which get any Tom dick and harry to rebuild them. So again I look to you my MR friends to help me decide A) which one should I get and B) can I trust the ones from Rockauto, Amazon or just go dealer.

Another possible option is to get a Brand HO Alternator since I am running a sound system (1500W) in the car but again not sure what to get.

Thank you again in advance

check local, every city usually have a some rebuilter who can rebuilt quickly
Go to your local part store NAPA or Canadian tire
These choices can be quick
If you are not in a hurry, rockauto and take the price.
You still have the used from LQK or kenny-u-pull

There is not one better then the other really. AMP draw and water what's kill an alternator.

So since my other post didnt get any responses and is slowly creeping down the totem pole I created a new thread.

Battery light and handbrake light came on. Kept on driving the car until last Wednesday when I lost power and the car went into limp mode. Everything so far suggests alternator. I looked at Rockauto and they have Hitachi, Denso, Bosch, ACDelco and I don't know which are reliable or which of these Nissan Originally used. I called the dealer and I wont even bring up their price even though its been widely suggested everywhere that dealer ones are the best since they are rebuilt properly.

I have read that Amazon is a good place to buy them since they are generally manufacturer rebuilt unlike local parts dealers which get any Tom dick and harry to rebuild them. So again I look to you my MR friends to help me decide A) which one should I get and B) can I trust the ones from Rockauto, Amazon or just go dealer.

Another possible option is to get a Brand HO Alternator since I am running a sound system (1500W) in the car but again not sure what to get.

Thank you again in advance
Call 514-768-2631 tell him Scott sent you. You will get a good price. They are rebuild from a reputable place. I put one on my Infiniti and have had 0 problems.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hitachi, Denso, Bosch, ACDelco are all OEM manufacturers and I would trust anyone of them.

I Have personaly used ACDelco and Denso on my vehicles and have had zero problems.

If you can afford the wait time buy from Rockauto... I buy all my parts from there and you can buy with confidence. No hidden fees when it arrives at your door.

Hitachi, Denso, Bosch, ACDelco are all OEM manufacturers and I would trust anyone of them.

I Have personaly used ACDelco and Denso on my vehicles and have had zero problems.

If you can afford the wait time buy from Rockauto... I buy all my parts from there and you can buy with confidence. No hidden fees when it arrives at your door.

This!

Meh all rebuilds will have the same parts Made in Shenzhen or Taiwan. Get the cheapest. Most places. Have a 1yr warranty , don't pay cash and get a bill. Lots of local places.. 514-337-0009

Call 514-768-2631 tell him Scott sent you. You will get a good price. They are rebuild from a reputable place. I put one on my Infiniti and have had 0 problems.

Thanks Masaker for the suggestion. Verdun is a bit far for me since I live in RDP/Pointe-Aux-Trembles and with the disaster near the interchange i'd like to avoid that are. I'm not in a hurry so I ended up ordering an hitachi from Rockauto. It looks exactly like the one I have now

Le moins cher au vendeur de piece jobber de ton choix.

tu overthink la patente pas mal IMO.

Je ne pense pas que magasiner un alternateur c'est vraiment overthink quand t'as quand même dépensé beaucoup d'argent dans un système de son et dans une voiture. Quand t'achètes un frigo t'achète le moins cher sans demander d'avis? Je penser que c'était ça le but de MR

Meh all rebuilds will have the same parts Made in Shenzhen or Taiwan. Get the cheapest. Most places. Have a 1yr warranty , don't pay cash and get a bill. Lots of local places.. 514-337-0009

Funny enough most on Rockauto are 2 years (bosch, denso). I ordered an hitachi seeing that it looked exactly like mine and that it even had my part number on it. Thank you all for your help.

Je ne pense pas que magasiner un alternateur c'est vraiment overthink quand t'as quand même dépensé beaucoup d'argent dans un système de son et dans une voiture. Quand t'achètes un frigo t'achète le moins cher sans demander d'avis? Je penser que c'était ça le but de MR
You should buy a yellow top battery and a capacitor, run some 0 gauge wire from the amp to the battery with a good fuse. You have a big chance of killing the alternator again. I used to install car audio in the early 2000's

You should buy a yellow top battery and a capacitor, run some 0 gauge wire from the amp to the battery with a good fuse. You have a big chance of killing the alternator again. I used to install car audio in the early 2000's

I used to run a red top for a long time until it died. I bought another one and it died a year later, got a replacement and it too died a year later not happy with that I changed to an eliminator. The flickering stopped but noticed there was a constant battery drain only to realize that it was the cap. Ditched the cap and low and behold everything worked properly. My next battery will be an optima and I will check but I believe it already is a 0 Gauge running since the Big 3 was done on the car, but if it isn't Ill do it. Thank you

Optima battery are crap now.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Magasiné un alternateur avec la meme puissance que OEM avec un gros systeme de son est pas overthink mais ridicule.
Ca en prend un avec plus d'ampere alors!..
Mais 1500w de son...c'est presque rien en électricité en bout de ligne.

Back