Help me pick my next car(diesel edition)

Camry90

So i'm fed up with my G37x. it had serve me well but i need to think of getting something that can tow and be economic around town. that's why i thought of going diesel.
Now aware me of what is maintenance like. I do all my mechanic repair but not sure what can or cannot be done at home with these SUVs

Here are my two choices.
https://www.goauto.ca/inventory/listing/used-2013-porsche-cayenne-diesel-edmonton/16228003
https://www.goauto.ca/inventory/listing/used-2014-audi-q7-30l-tdi-technik-edmonton/15825159
https://www.goauto.ca/inventory/lis...gen-touareg-comfortline-spruce-grove/16096824
A Q5 TDI would be enough but no one has it so far.

If all option sucks, then i might just go get a Colorado ZR2 Duramax

Let me know what you think

But why? Haven't you heard enough horror stories about modern diesels? It's not 2002 anymore.

If you're towing a fair amount or driving a metric shit ton of miles on the highway, a diesel might make sense. Otherwise, it doesn't. Not anymore. It takes an exceptional use case to warrant it. Otherwise gas wins on everything but range and fuel cost.

Colorado duramax is painfully slow and unrefined. Coming from a sports car you're gonna lose your mind. It's sorely lacking in passing power when empty, let alone pulling a trailer. Merging on the highway shouldn't be tricky in a late model $40 000 truck.

I test drove both the V6, which was snappy and rev happy with the 8 speed, and the Duramax which barely gets by, has a coarse transmission but promises good mileage. It took me all of 15km to regret getting the diesel. That's how long it took for the CEL to come on and a particulate matter sensors to need replacement. I don't even have the truck anymore and keep getting recall notices for reflashes and what not.

The diesel clatter sounds cool, but gets old when you need to shut off your motor to order your morning double double in the winter.

Sure, it got 8.2l per 100 on the highway, but it drove like a farm implement in subzero temperatures in city traffic. Would I consider one again If it was deleted and I lived/wheeled in Moab, Utah? Maybe. Up here in Canada? No.

My Turbo gas motor gets better torque and power. I'll gladly take the lower purchasing cost, stress free motoring and pay more at the pump.

J’ai eu les 3 pendants plusieurs mois chaque et pour moi le best bang for the $ c’est le touareg. Parcontre les 3 vont demander des poches ttrreeessss profonde pour l’entretien.

Si tu rentre un Q7 au garage pour faire les freins, les pneus et un changement d’huile tu tape 4000$ et + et la tu as rien réparé de cassé

J’ai eu les 3 pendants plusieurs mois chaque et pour moi le best bang for the $ c’est le touareg. Parcontre les 3 vont demander des poches ttrreeessss profonde pour l’entretien.

Si tu rentre un Q7 au garage pour faire les freins, les pneus et un changement d’huile tu tape 4000$ et + et la tu as rien réparé de cassé

les suspensions electroniques.. ca chie souvent ou c'est quand meme assez fiable?

Back