Summer vs winter tires AWD/FWD

Gregster

Legacy Member
Great video. FWD on Winters AWD on Summers

Yet people still think "I have AWD I don't need winter tires " the braking test says it all..

Good video and all valid points, though I'd say they purposely exaggerated the results.

It would be nice to know what tires they were using on both vehicles. The AWD one basically looked like it was on sheer ice the entire time. I've driven quite a bit in winter with summer tires with rwd and fared far better than that, especially on packed snow. I also think all season AWD vs winter tire FWD would have been much more relevant.

Good video and all valid points, though I'd say they purposely exaggerated the results.

It would be nice to know what tires they were using on both vehicles. The AWD one basically looked like it was on sheer ice the entire time. I've driven quite a bit in winter with summer tires with rwd and fared far better than that, especially on packed snow. I also think all season AWD vs winter tire FWD would have been much more relevant.

it tells u both model of tires at the beginning of the video

Funny, I had thought tonight... I'm getting the winter done on Saturday, so still on performance summers. Braking is shit, handling is shit but I was pretty impressed at how the S5 could manage to accelerate beyond my expectation on snow, but that ends there...

it tells u both model of tires at the beginning of the video

tenor.gif

Huh they were on all season AWD vs FWD winter.. they said it at the start including the brand of tires

Still on Michelin PS4S. Dis gun be gewd when I get back to Canada by mid December and need to go to the garage to get my winters rimmed.

Huh they were on all season AWD vs FWD winter.. they said it at the start including the brand of tires

Somehow I missed them showing the tires at the start, but they're not all season.

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 are an "ultra high performance" tire, 300 treadwear rating. Depending on how cold it was they were probably like driving on PVC. All seasons would have made a lot of sense as that's what most people will use all winter where winter tires aren't mandatory. I don't think too many people rock a high performance tire all year in a snowy climate.

Now, if they did a video like this with all seasons vs winter tires and used pick-up trucks, it would be a perfect training video for Calgary. During the bad storms you see more 4x4's spun out in the median on the highway than anything else. Muh invincible 4x4!

Still on Michelin PS4S. Dis gun be gewd when I get back to Canada by mid December and need to go to the garage to get my winters rimmed.
Il reste presque un mois pour que ça fonde. J'avais acheté ma moto juste avant Noël il y a 3 ans, beau soleil 15 degrés!

Et voir un essai de suv automatique avec les assistances à on maudit que ça fait matante. La conduite en hiver ça se fait pied dans la panne avec de la neige qui éclabousse partout et des changements de vitesse"avance recule" vite fait pour profiter du momentum et se décoincer.

Last edited:
Now, if they did a video like this with all seasons vs winter tires and used pick-up trucks, it would be a perfect training video for Calgary. During the bad storms you see more 4x4's spun out in the median on the highway than anything else. Muh invincible 4x4!

Ahahha I remember that when I lived there.

Like 600+ vehicles on the dot h in a single morning

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back