The Trudeaupe Thread

La seule chose que je puisse voir c'est que l'argent pourrait servir a la transition des medias imprimés, vers les medias en ligne.

Asteur achetez pu rien pis faite pas virer l'économie.

GENIUS.

I'll give you a pass because I wrote in English but I'm talking about the government.

Private business I choose where I spend my money and nobody has a gun to my head to buy. The government forces me to give them money and spends it like a drunken sailor.

I'll give you a pass because I wrote in English but I'm talking about the government.

Private business I choose where I spend my money and nobody has a gun to my head to buy. The government forces me to give them money and spends it like a drunken sailor.

Oh so sorry.

Said no one.

La seule chose que je puisse voir c'est que l'argent pourrait servir a la transition des medias imprimés, vers les medias en ligne.

That's mainly what it's for but if you break down the issue, companies were too shortsighted to see the shifting trends and the government is picking winners and losers. Instead of letting the inefficient ones of the old guard die they're propping them up and essentially blocking new media from springing into their place.

A well managed company that deserves to survive would come up with a way to transition on their own means, not on the backs of taxpayers.

That's mainly what it's for but if you break down the issue, companies were too shortsighted to see the shifting trends and the government is picking winners and losers. Instead of letting the inefficient ones of the old guard die they're propping them up and essentially blocking new media from springing into their place.

A well managed company that deserves to survive would come up with a way to transition on their own means, not on the backs of taxpayers.

What are your thoughts on the annual $3.3 Billions subsidies to the Oil industry?

Oil is currently basically a necessity. Newspapers are a dying form of media.

Morneau said the government wants to protect the 'vital role that independent news media play in our democracy and in our communities'

^ Translation: "We can't let our propaganda rags disappear"

Oil is currently basically a necessity. Newspapers are a dying form of media.

Morneau said the government wants to protect the 'vital role that independent news media play in our democracy and in our communities'

^ Translation: "We can't let our propaganda rags disappear"

Oil companies are making billions in profits and are raping the customers at the pumps. Yes they absolutely deserve more taxpayer money.

Libertarians oppose all government subsidies to companies while statists oppose subsidies to industries they don't like while defending subsidies to industries they like.

Oil companies are making billions in profits and are raping the customers at the pumps. Yes they absolutely deserve more taxpayer money.

Libertarians oppose all government subsidies to companies while statists oppose subsidies to industries they don't like while defending subsidies to industries they like.

How much tax does the government get back from petrol sales in Canada? It's probably really close to balancing out whatever they give. Consider also how much money the oil company employees pay in federal income tax and you're there.

Math...

How much tax does the government get back from petrol sales in Canada? It's probably really close to balancing out whatever they give. Consider also how much money the oil company employees pay in federal income tax and you're there.

Math...

Giving taxpayer money to increase shareholder dividends and CEO bonuses is a perfect example of robbing the poor to give to the rich. Not to mention all the corruption and kickbacks associated with handing out huge subsidies to companies.

Get rid of all subsidies and lower the corporate taxes by the same amount. It will be more efficient, less prone to corruption and will generate less bureaucracy.

Labeltarians love to classify people with labels. I never said I was okay with the subsidies, I just pointed out that you're comparing Apples to Cotton Candy.

What are your thoughts on the annual $3.3 Billions subsidies to the Oil industry?

I don't like it either but as the others have pointed out, it's not comparable, mainly because they're not a failing industry.

Just look at GM and FCA. We gave them tax payer money and both of them just gave us a big F U.

Also Obummer gave GE good boost and look at them now.

Seriously I would rather the government earmarked the 600M for unemployment dues and retraining programs for the fired employee as they transitioned to new jobs. Instead they time and time again give it to companies which results in the money being used to bail out the shareholders in stock buybacks and bonuses to the top brass. The employees get fired a couple years later anyway when the money runs out and the business is still failing.

Why don't you run for office?

Because the political parties are so entrenched, that you'd need to start a new party to be considered for the federal leadership position and if you do start a new party, you then have to scout a decent representative for every riding in Canada for it to be meaningful. Add to that the fact that people are not pissed off enough at all the established political party choices they have now to vote in an outsider, it's a fools errand to even try.

Instead I rather work the other way around. If you have an educated and involved citizenry, even a fraction of the total population, you could put enough pressure on any politician/party and get the results you want without all the BS of the political sphere.

Back