News: 2020 Genesis G90

La seule raison pourquoi j'achéterais une Genesis c'est parce que c'est nice pour le prix puis la valeur de revente est très basse ... Ces genesis à 80-90k présentement, seront sans doute, à vendre pour 50k dans un an ou deux.

Lexus had very agressive pricing too, and a great reputation with Toyota. The LS400 was 50-60k vs 80k+ for an S class.

The Genesis G80 is 58k vs 65k for an E class, G70 is 42k, about the same as a C class. Engine upgrades are much cheaper on the Hyundai though.

You should compare the G80 with the S class or A8. Not E class

Why does Genesis keep putting out generic looking sedans, where are the SUV's? That's what sells. And for goodness sake, open a dealership if you want to be taken seriously, not a retail location in a mall with bland white walls and no décor.

Better than selling them in a Hyundai dealership

You should compare the G80 with the S class or A8. Not E class

Why is there a G90 then? Maybach rival?

The G80 is clearly an E class rival and the interior quality is nowhere near the S class. Dimensions are closer to the E class too although it's irrelevant.

Also I just noticed that the A class hatch is available here now. But it's the same price as the B class with Yaris interior room...

Last edited:
Not really.
G70 = c class
G80 = e class
G90 = s class

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Why is there a G90 then? Maybach rival?

The G80 is clearly an E class rival and the interior quality is nowhere near the S class. Dimensions are closer to the E class too although it's irrelevant.

Also I just noticed that the A class hatch is available here now. But it's the same price as the B class with Yaris interior room...
Wait I got mixed up its too early in the morning lol. Why are you talking about the G80 in a G90 thread anyways?

The G90 is 84k and S class starts at 108k and goes up much faster with options. Pretty significant difference

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Wait I got mixed up its too early in the morning lol. Why are you talking about the G80 in a G90 thread anyways?

The G90 is 84k and S class starts at 108k and goes up much faster with options. Pretty significant difference

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

We were talking about brands (Lexus market penetration in the 90's vs genesis today, and at 50-60K the LS400 was priced very aggresively), not peculiarly the G90.

I agree that a fully loaded G90 will be significantly cheaper than a loaded S class, but not so much the G70 and G80, which are the cars they expect to sell in volume.

We were talking about brands (Lexus market penetration in the 90's vs genesis today, and at 50-60K the LS400 was priced very aggresively), not peculiarly the G90.

I agree that a fully loaded G90 will be significantly cheaper than a loaded S class, but not so much the G70 and G80, which are the cars they expect to sell in volume.

On top of that, Lexus brought build quality and engineering that were unheard of in the industry. Their cars were superior to the competition in every way aside from sheer performance/driving pleasure. Something Genesis can't claim.

Lexus offered a superior product at a budget price. Genesis is offering budget luxury cars at a budget price. My 2 cents.

When you factor in resale value, I don't see the appeal of buying a new Genesis.

On top of that, Lexus brought build quality and engineering that were unheard of in the industry. Their cars were superior to the competition in every way aside from sheer performance/driving pleasure. Something Genesis can't claim.

Lexus offered a superior product at a budget price. Genesis is offering budget luxury cars at a budget price. My 2 cents.

When you factor in resale value, I don't see the appeal of buying a new Genesis.
Most high end luxury car loose tons of value anyway.

Envoyé de mon Pixel en utilisant Tapatalk

I doubt anyone is arguing this here.

I am.

J'dis pas qu'un genesis va garder autant de valeur qu'un BMW/Audi/Volvo/Benz high end sur le long terme mais TOUTES les voitures de luxes ont une perte de valeur assez impressionnante après quelques années. Des char qui sortent à 100k$ neuf et quelques années plus tard tu peux avoir ça pour 40-50k$. Plus tu monte dans le highend et pire c'est, une bentley ça perd sa valeur plus vite que la vitesse de la commande à l'auto du Mcdo près de chez moi.

Un facteur à tenir en compte aussi, tel que posté plus tôt, est que la s class part à un prix de 20k$ de plus avant options, et on sait tous que les Allemands sont les champions des bottins téléphoniques d'options.

Ya pour ainsi dire pas d'options sur une Genesis à part les choix de couleurs in & out. Price listed is what you pay, pas de à partir de xxx$ modèle illustré xxxxxxxxx$

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Un facteur à tenir en compte aussi, tel que posté plus tôt, est que la s class part à un prix de 20k$ de plus avant options, et on sait tous que les Allemands sont les champions des bottins téléphoniques d'options.

Ya pour ainsi dire pas d'options sur une Genesis à part les choix de couleurs in & out. Price listed is what you pay, pas de à partir de xxx$ modèle illustré xxxxxxxxx$

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

En même temps une classe S de base c'est pas une Civic DX non plus on s'entend. Et les cossins électroniques oui Hyundai les offre pour pas cher de série, mais du prestige, engineering de pointe, beau design et qualité d'assemblage ce n'est pas en option chez Hyundai. Cela dit la qualité de finition initiale (comme JD power dirait) et les matériaux semblent quand même bons sur la G90.

Si tu veux pas payer 100k+ pour une S class de base, la Lexus LS 2018 a 15k off psdf = 90k.

I am.

J'dis pas qu'un genesis va garder autant de valeur qu'un BMW/Audi/Volvo/Benz high end sur le long terme mais TOUTES les voitures de luxes ont une perte de valeur assez impressionnante après quelques années. Des char qui sortent à 100k$ neuf et quelques années plus tard tu peux avoir ça pour 40-50k$. Plus tu monte dans le highend et pire c'est, une bentley ça perd sa valeur plus vite que la vitesse de la commande à l'auto du Mcdo près de chez moi.

This is true, but why would anyone buy a G90 over an S Class? It's not likely because it's a better vehicle, but because they can't afford the S-Class. People buying MB, BMW and Audi fullsize sedans can afford to lose the money on the resale. German buyers: ballers. Korean buyers: wannaballers.

Buy my point was that I don't think that total cost of ownership of a Genesis will be less than that of a Lexus over the span of 3-5-7 years when you factor in resale value. Not enough to justify buying an inferior product anyway.

This is true, but why would anyone buy a G90 over an S Class? It's not likely because it's a better vehicle, but because they can't afford the S-Class. People buying MB, BMW and Audi fullsize sedans can afford to lose the money on the resale. German buyers: ballers. Korean buyers: wannaballers.

Buy my point was that I don't think that total cost of ownership of a Genesis will be less than that of a Lexus over the span of 3-5-7 years when you factor in resale value. Not enough to justify buying an inferior product anyway.

Agree

Back