Innovation of the year, BMW reintroduces the dipstick???

allroad

This is one of my pet peeves with my BMW. Can it be, did someone at BMW realize the simple dipstick is better than an iDrive based oil reading...

attachment.php

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1560597

Proof that just because you can doesn't mean you should. This could apply to so many useless technologies being implemented these days.

Keep it simple stupid.

The next thing I'd like to see BMW bring back? Passion.

The fuck, il n'y avait pas de dipstick sur les BMW ???

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Only diesels had dipsticks. The rest was all electronic. They have also quietly closed the maintence gap as well
I guess we learn stuff everyday, I didn't openned a lot of hood since I left my job as a mechanic 10 years ago....

The only thing I knew about recent BMW is the engine oil interval is like 15k km or something like that.

As for me 8k or 6 months is alright but anything longer is pretty exagerated. But I might be crazy about it though.

I've seen E90 S65 dipstick conversions.. the funny thing is N52 and n54 actually might have a provision for a dipstick or were designed with one.. there is a plug/cap where the tube would go.

As I said the diesels 4-6-8cyl got a stick.

10-12k is about what I'd push for an oil change.

Qui check encore l'huile?
Je verifie entre les changements d'huile

ex : changement aux 6k je verifie a 3k

Mes vehicules de compagnie les gars doivent verifier tout les lundi c'est obligatoire. Que ce soit auto/pick-up/camion/loader/pelle etc....

J'ai pas de dipstick moi non plus
You can use the stick from the old 4.2l V8. Full is mid way up the stick.

I ended up buying one for the 2.0 FSI engines makes life just a bit easier same with 3.0 T. In Europe they come with dipsticks....

You can also buy dipsticks for Mercedes transmissions...

J'ai pas de dipstick moi non plus

Même chose ici (S4 B8.5) j'ai pas de dipstick. Il faut checker sur l'ordinateur dans le char.
Par contre il y a toujours la place avec le tube pour en mettre un, il est juste "capper". Faudrait que je trouve un dipstick qui fit bien dedans

Back