Aston Martin Valkyrie engine.. OMG

F40 engine is not. It sits conventional style engine mounts on a steel chassis.

McLaren F1 , Carrera GT use the engine as a member of the chassis. So are f50-f60,

F40 engine is not. It sits conventional style engine mounts on a steel chassis.

McLaren F1 , Carrera GT use the engine as a member of the chassis. So are f50-f60,
As a member of the chassis, but does the chassis plug on one side and the other with no other brace in between?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

As a member of the chassis, but does the chassis plug on one side and the other with no other brace in between?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Generally yes. All the rear suspension pick up points will be on the engine/trans unit. Then that assembly bolts of the monocoque. CGT is a bit different in that regard with how the monocoque was made but the drivetrain was a stressed member.

Colin Chapmans Lotus 25 was the first F1 car and one of the first racecars to use drivetrain as a semi steessed chassis member. The Lotus 49 and Cosworth DFV was a revolution as the DFV was designed around being fully stressed. I had to double check in the Lotus book

Last edited:
Pfff... ca fait des dizaine d'année que y a des moteur stressed member sur les moto sport et que 150hp/L N/A avec 100K+ km de longévité est atteint .

Pfff... ca fait des dizaine d'année que y a des moteur stressed member sur les moto sport et que 150hp/L N/A avec 100K+ km de longévité est atteint .

C’est pas mal ce qu’il explique dans le vidéo....Sur des one seater ils sont habitué d’en faire et savent très bien comment ca fonctionne entre autre avec la répartition du poids du moteur avec le poids de l’unique conducteur.

Two seater different story...

C’est pas mal ce qu’il explique dans le vidéo....Sur des one seater ils sont habitué d’en faire et savent très bien comment ca fonctionne entre autre avec la répartition du poids du moteur avec le poids de l’unique conducteur.

Two seater different story...

two seater la différence est la distance des 2 support du haut...donc effet de levier plus grand. D'où la bracket de fou intégré au couvert de valve en conjonction avec les différente limitation. le reste du block/tete doit etre pas mal proche d'un long block stressed member qui sont plus habitué de faire.

You're tough to impress! This engine has ~250hp more than the next most powerful naturally aspirated engine which is also a V12 with similar displacement.

For me the most impressive part was:

"How much does that lacquer weigh?"

"80 grams"

"That's 80 grams too much".

That engineer has a little piece of Colin Chapman in his soul!!

You're tough to impress! This engine has ~250hp more than the next most powerful naturally aspirated engine which is also a V12 with similar displacement.

For me the most impressive part was:

"How much does that lacquer weigh?"

"80 grams"

"That's 80 grams too much".

That engineer has a little piece of Colin Chapman in his soul!!

Tu as manquer le sarcasme! Étant un gars de moto sport...je ne pouvais pas ne pas le mentionné :p

Tout est Wow sur ce moteur..rien a redire la dessus.

Tu as manquer le sarcasme! Étant un gars de moto sport...je ne pouvais pas ne pas le mentionné :p

Tout est Wow sur ce moteur..rien a redire la dessus.

I thought you were likely being sarcastic. Just wasn't 100% sure if you were referring to "des moto sport" or motorsports. Maudit anglais icitte.

Il me semble que des moteur qui font partit du frame sa existe depuis le début non? Il me semble en avoir vu dans un vidéo de vieille voitures de Jay leno garage.

Je sais que ce n'est pas la même technologie mais l'idée est la même

Les tracteurs de ferme yont même pas de frame.

C'est un siège sur le différentiel/transmission pis des control arm en avant boltés sur le moteur.

1-tractor-pixabay-600x347.jpg

two seater la différence est la distance des 2 support du haut...donc effet de levier plus grand. D'où la bracket de fou intégré au couvert de valve en conjonction avec les différente limitation. le reste du block/tete doit etre pas mal proche d'un long block stressed member qui sont plus habitué de faire.

C'est pas mal ca qui dit qui était compliqué justement la braket de fou intégré au couvert de valve lol

On jase là, mais d'après moi si le monsieur avec des fleurs sua chemise dit que c'était compliqué, ca devait être compliqué, toujours prendre au serieux un gars avec des fleurs sua chemise :bigup:

Le premier full functionning roadcar est présenté

c'est fou la quantité de volume ou il n'y a ... rien.. sur le véhicule!!

Beautiful. Newey designed the car not only to be pretty but have actual aero... That front suspension JESUS, straight from the back room at RBR along with the rest of the chassis.. What a time.. when "street cars" are being based off actual F1 cars. I still believe the AMG One is still "more special"

La question est: Elle est ou la valise pour le sac d'épicerie ? j'aurais bien dit sac de golf, mais je veut pas me faire d'illusion.....lol

This will never make it into F1 for three reasons:
- The size of the engine plus MGU-H and MGU-K will be enormous with enormous weight
- Should it be fitted and optimized with MGU-H and MGU-K, it'll make upwards of 1300-1400HP which isn't necessary.
- FIA net carbon or efficiency marketing strategists will never let anything into a car without an MGU-H and MGU-K into an F1 car, hence we're stuck.

They are still fapping so hard to the 1.6T that they're keeping it beyond 2021 with no modifications...

This will never make it into F1 for three reasons:
- The size of the engine plus MGU-H and MGU-K will be enormous with enormous weight
- Should it be fitted and optimized with MGU-H and MGU-K, it'll make upwards of 1300-1400HP which isn't necessary.
- FIA net carbon or efficiency marketing strategists will never let anything into a car without an MGU-H and MGU-K into an F1 car, hence we're stuck.

They are still fapping so hard to the 1.6T that they're keeping it beyond 2021 with no modifications...
But they never designed it for F1... The 1.6 V6 cost so much to develop that manufacturers, including Mercedes are all happy with the current formula

Back