New winter restoration project - recommendations for local services

dinel

Hi MR

Currently working on another restoration project (1974 Mazda RX3) and trying to find some local vendors for a few things I need to outsource. I don't think there will be many local vendors for these services but if you know of any please let me know.

Chrome plater for plastic trim pieces. A few items on the car including rear taillight bezels and some emblems are chrome plated plastic parts. I've done bumpers before but nobody I talk to seems to want to touch plastic.

Small volume zinc plating for bolts, carb parts, etc. Everyone seems to cater to large volume commercial only.

Stainless trim repair, I've straightened and polished most of my stainless but there are a couple parts too far gone for my talent level.

If anyone is aware of vendors that would cater to small projects like this let me know. Willing to travel a bit as well, Ottawa etc. Thanks!

Where the hell do you find one of those in 2018?? Fc3s are hard to find, i can’t imagine a rx3

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

The real unicorn finds these days are word of mouth. Most of the good stuff has been discovered but there are still some good finds out there. There is a great Youtube series Hagerty puts out called Barn Find Hunter where that is the premise of the show and they find great stuff!

But I agree, unmodified and well maintained FC3S is not easy to find either.

Back