Discussion: New car - Repainted body pannel

Legacy Member

Status
    Car:
    Porsche 930
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

New car - Repainted body pannel

Has anyone purchased a brand new car only to notice a few days after delivery that the car needed some paint work or that a body panel had already been repainted? If so, how did you resolve the issue with the dealer? Did you get another car? Some sort of financial compensation? I'd like to get some feedback from someone who has gone through this.

Forum God

Status
    Car:
    No vehicle aucun
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You bought a car at Lauzon?

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
    Citation Envoyé par Royal-Motorsport Voir le message
    Talking about z's i had a teaser of what ScHyZo's z can do and damn

3. Likes Dragster, youngerthanyou, El pibe Liked this post
    Forum God

Status
    Car:
    Dodge Srt4
    A.K.A:
    chomedeyTypeR
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    if it's only been a few days I would demand an exchange just based on the fact that it would affect resale value.

When I worked at a dealer I saw this often. usually front bumpers but also panels damaged during pdi or transport. I've also done paint correction on a pick up truck that was bought new and had obviously been repainted pre delivery without the client knowing.

if tomorrow you trade in the vehicle they would check the paint thickness and give you less money because of repainted panels. if the panel rusts ,the manufacturer's warranty would not cover it

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
    Srt4 Stage 3
    X5 35d Malone tuned

Legacy Member

Status
    Car:
    Audi S6
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par GotBass? Voir le message
    Has anyone purchased a brand new car only to notice a few days after delivery that the car needed some paint work or that a body panel had already been repainted? If so, how did you resolve the issue with the dealer? Did you get another car? Some sort of financial compensation? I'd like to get some feedback from someone who has gone through this.
    Bonne chance lol

Legacy Member

Status
    Car:
    Porsche 930
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par ScHyZo Voir le message
    You bought a car at Lauzon?

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
    Looks like they don’t have exclusivity on new cars in shady condition...

Legacy Member

Status
    Car:
    Porsche 930
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par Toze Voir le message
    if it's only been a few days I would demand an exchange just based on the fact that it would affect resale value.
    Obviously, that would be the ideal scenario... but do you actually know of anyone who was able to get another car due to paint defect / repainted body panel?

Forum God

Status
    Car:
    Toyota MR2 Turbo
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Obviously, that would be the ideal scenario... but do you actually know of anyone who was able to get another car due to paint defect / repainted body panel?
    Check decisions on SOQUIJ to see if a similar case was brought to the attention of a tribunal.
    Eat, Sleep, Civic

9. Likes Toze Liked this post
    Legacy Member

Status
    Car:
    Porsche 930
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par Broody Voir le message
    Check decisions on SOQUIJ to see if a similar case was brought to the attention of a tribunal.
    Found many cases favorable to the buyer involving used cars with undisclosed accidents, but none involving new cars...

Forum God

Status
    Car:
    Toyota MR2 Turbo
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Found many cases favorable to the buyer involving used cars with undisclosed accidents, but none involving new cars...
    https://www.canlii.org/fr/qc/qccq/do...&resultIndex=2

Cas classique de Subaru qui nie le problème et rejette la faute sur le client. Un peu différent (les problèmes de madame on commencé après réception du véhicule) mais c'est dans le même ordre d'idée.
    Dernière modification par Broody ; 17/12/2018 à 08h17.
    Eat, Sleep, Civic

Status
    Car:
    Acura bus everyday
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They are allowed. My brand new civic type r 2018 was repainted too. Hood & fender. You could see the dusts in the clear coat. Honda also documented that my car went to 'body shop' but no specific reasons were stated. Apparently, brand new cars / dealers are allowed like 10% of the total value of the car as margin if ever theres defects on the body ... nothing you can do.

Forum God

Status
    Car:
    Volkswagen Golf 1.8tsi
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quand j'étais en carroserie on vivais la dessus repaint des neuf a cause de domage de transport
    Citation Envoyé par DannyITR Voir le message
    Il est difficile de construire une Honda Civic unique en 2015, mais Alex a bien accompli ce fait. Avec un drôle de nom (ghetto_EK) Alex nous a fait sourire chaque fois

Citation Envoyé par ggti Voir le message
    Moi faut dire que j'ai un Cockapoo comme chien et que si tu traduit sa en français sa donne: graine a caca
    Citation Envoyé par ladyboys Voir le message
    genre sur une échelle de 0 à Alain je ressens 8

14. Likes DJD&G Liked this post

Status
    Car:
    Volkswagen Rabbit
    A.K.A:
    ExaudiMeam
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Y'avait un gars à La Facture qui avait acheté un Veloster neuf avec un côté du char repeinturé au complet. Autant le dealer que Hyundai Canada lui était pas venu en aide et je ne me souviens pas trop c'était quoi le dénouement de cette histoire-là mais c'était pas rose

Status
    Car:
    Scion tC2
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I had a client go through this recently. He had to get lawyers involved because obviously the dealer didn't want to give him another car. Granted this was a $120k Lexus LC500 and they don't happen to be in every dealer around the corner, but for a more common car, they very well should give you another one if they didn't disclose that panels were repainted.

I actually started offering the service to my clients who are getting new cars - I go with them and check out the car and measure all panels as well to ensure they are getting a REAL "new car".

Citation Envoyé par Ayashifx55 Voir le message
    They are allowed. My brand new civic type r 2018 was repainted too. Hood & fender. You could see the dusts in the clear coat. Honda also documented that my car went to 'body shop' but no specific reasons were stated. Apparently, brand new cars / dealers are allowed like 10% of the total value of the car as margin if ever theres defects on the body ... nothing you can do.
    They are allowed, yes, but they ABSOLUTELY have to disclose it to the buyer. It needs to be in writing otherwise the buyer can legally get out of it. It's just a hassle and lawyers are usually required.
    Y'all know what I do.

Titanium Racer

Status
    Car:
    Infiniti G35
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Don't know about QC but in the rest of Canada a dealer does not have to disclose damage below $3000 on a new car. Most ports of entry have shop facilities onsite to repair damaged cars as it happens quite often. In many cases the dealer would not even be aware of it as this is not disclosed to them. There is not a chance you'll get another car unless you fight it in court. Dealer won't take it back because he'll end up with a now 'used' car previously registered (to you) and will lose 15-20%. That being said, I would still bring it up to the GM of the dealership.

Status
    Car:
    Scion tC2
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ^You're right, there IS a minimum amount before things being declared, but generally speaking, it's pretty easy to go over that minimum given how expensive it is to repair/replace/repaint panels/parts these days. However, if you ask the dealer if there's been damage, they can't lie and say "no" they just don't have to give up the info freely. That said, to me and most people, "new" means in 100% pristine condition with paint from manufacturer on every panel. Not simply "never registered".

The question that needs to be asked is"would you have bought it knowing that there was a repainted panel?" If the answer is no, then you either need a heavy discount considering the loss in value later on or another vehicle in pristine 100% condition.
    Y'all know what I do.

19. Likes Toze Liked this post

Status
    Car:
    Acura bus everyday
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par JoeyV Voir le message
    ^You're right, there IS a minimum amount before things being declared, but generally speaking, it's pretty easy to go over that minimum given how expensive it is to repair/replace/repaint panels/parts these days. However, if you ask the dealer if there's been damage, they can't lie and say "no" they just don't have to give up the info freely. That said, to me and most people, "new" means in 100% pristine condition with paint from manufacturer on every panel. Not simply "never registered".

The question that needs to be asked is"would you have bought it knowing that there was a repainted panel?" If the answer is no, then you either need a heavy discount considering the loss in value later on or another vehicle in pristine 100% condition.
    you know what i learned ? buying new cars SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

When you sign, youre being treated like a king and queen but after you take receipt of the car , dealer basically tells you to go fck yourself now. You pay what, 50k$ today? Then after 3 years, your car is worth 25k-30k$ but your expectations are not AS HIGH as when you kind of paid your car 50k$ brand new.

21. Likes Mathhhh Liked this post
    Jet car pilot

Status
    Car:
    Mazda 3 Sport GS
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I suspect mine had a part of its hood repainted. It was never disclosed, and you really can't tell.

...but for some reason, when I look through a certain pair of sunglasses...

i noticed it like this since it was brand new and never found put why. No amount of waxing d8d anything.
    Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy.

Forum God

Status
    Car:
    Volkswagen Golf 1.8tsi
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    thats a weird spot
    Citation Envoyé par DannyITR Voir le message
    Il est difficile de construire une Honda Civic unique en 2015, mais Alex a bien accompli ce fait. Avec un drôle de nom (ghetto_EK) Alex nous a fait sourire chaque fois

Citation Envoyé par ggti Voir le message
    Moi faut dire que j'ai un Cockapoo comme chien et que si tu traduit sa en français sa donne: graine a caca
    Citation Envoyé par ladyboys Voir le message
    genre sur une échelle de 0 à Alain je ressens 8

Forum God

Status
    Car:
    Toyota MR2 Turbo
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par Jeentonik Voir le message
    Y'avait un gars à La Facture qui avait acheté un Veloster neuf avec un côté du char repeinturé au complet. Autant le dealer que Hyundai Canada lui était pas venu en aide et je ne me souviens pas trop c'était quoi le dénouement de cette histoire-là mais c'était pas rose
    Pas mal la seule émission regardable à Radio Canada ces temps ci
    Eat, Sleep, Civic

Status
    Car:
    Scion tC2
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par Snail Voir le message
    I suspect mine had a part of its hood repainted. It was never disclosed, and you really can't tell.

...but for some reason, when I look through a certain pair of sunglasses...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...10735ff4cb.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...339016c7c1.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...12cdce79ee.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...478597df28.jpg

i noticed it like this since it was brand new and never found put why. No amount of waxing d8d anything.
    I can check the car for you if you'd like to know for sure. It'd be my pleasure.
    Y'all know what I do.

26. Likes Snail Liked this post
Page 1 sur 2 12 DernièreDernière

Règles de messages