Question about swapping tires on different size mags

CuddlyJen

Multi Field Esssspert
Hello peoples, here's the situation:

I have 2 sets of tires (1 winter and 1 summer), both are 225-45-R18.
Both are exactly the same dimensions, both sets are Run Flats.

I have 2 sets of mags, one for winter and 1 for summer.
I would like to use my current winter mags for the summer and vice-versa so the plan is to swap the sets of tires at the end of the season (or maybe during who knows).

The problem is (and this is where I would like some input):

The winter mags are 0.5 inch wider then the summer mags (summer mags are OEM). So the tires are being stretch I'm guessing...

1 - Should I have any concerns about doing this tire swap or is it straight forward?

2 - What are the positive/negative impacts of having tires that were supposed to be 8 inch mags be installed on 8.5 inch mags? Other then the ride being a little stiffer...over and above that they are run flats...

Thanks in advance for your knowledge and input!

Si tu roulais la même grandeur sur les 2 setup (225), je vois pas ce que ça change

La seule difference est que les mags d’hiver sont un demi pouce plus large et je me suis fait dire que mes pneus devraient etre sur du 8 et non du 8.5.... cest pour ca je demande des inputs...

La seule difference est que les mags d’hiver sont un demi pouce plus large et je me suis fait dire que mes pneus devraient etre sur du 8 et non du 8.5.... cest pour ca je demande des inputs...

225 should generally be good on a 7"-8.5" rim.

But like Rob said, you already have a 225 on your 8.5" rim, so why would you suddenly be concerned?

Either way, you'll be fine.

225 should generally be good on a 7"-8.5" rim.

But like Rob said, you already have a 225 on your 8.5" rim, so why would you suddenly be concerned?

Either way, you'll be fine.

there you go, you've been running on 225 for a while and now because you swap tires you are suddenly concerned about the size?

The rim width range for 225-45-R18 tires is generally 7 to 8.5 inches. But the actual specs may vary depending on the brand. Look on TireRack.com for your tires' specific specs.

Lol typical MR.

A couple of people offer proper answers and help - thank you to those.

All other jo-connaissant trolls try to act funny because they know everything - dont give up guys you’ll get accepted one day.

Toujours plaisant se faire servir sa propre médecine hein? :)

Lol sort moi des exemples....sinon sort le balai de ton cul! ;)

Anyways thread can be closed. Nothing car-related to be learned on MR.

FYI - just cause thei are 225 it doesnt mean they all fit on 8.5.....do your own research I guess.

Thanks SilverViper for the link.

Lol sort moi des exemples....sinon sort le balai de ton cul! ;)

Anyways thread can be closed. Nothing car-related to be learned on MR.

FYI - just cause thei are 225 it doesnt mean they all fit on 8.5.....do your own research I guess.

Thanks SilverViper for the link.

I see.

You get the answer and try to educate on your findings. GG.

I see.

You get the answer and try to educate on your findings. GG.

Whats the point? Everyone has all the answers anyways.
Different brands can be stretched to different sizes....thats all. Its not a one size fits all rule. Ie: 225 fits on 8.5. Not always true.

Next.

Fake ta grande inquiétude s'était une question de marque de pneus mais, tu nous donne jamais les marques de tes deux set...

Non je ne croyais pas que la marque avait une importance, je portais plutot attention aux dimensions du pneu, comme tous les autres semblent croire aussi...
Finalement, comme silverviper l'a dit, ca depend de ta marque car il y a des variances.

Pour ceux d'hiver ca va j'ai des pirelli sottozero....je dois verifier plus tard pour ceux d'ete.

Back