2019 Predictions

Just to be curious where do you live, what do you drive and what’s your job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I live in Drummondville, from Alberta ( due to a divorce ), have a 89 240sx, 97 328I, 2001 Acura CL-S ( Alberta car ) and a 2006 Impreza with burnt rod bearings. Been working the the Alberta oil patch for a long time.

"There’s no doubt that the Trudeau Liberals are facing some ugly poll numbers here in Alberta,

Not just in Alberta but in Canada, the only province where the POS is liked is in Quebec. If, for some stupid reason Trudeau wins in October you can be guaranteed a divided Canada, the numbers are already 58% in favor of Alberta leaving Canada. Some groups are trying to get Manitoba to the west coast excluding the Vancouver area for a new country.

Not just in Alberta but in Canada, the only province where the POS is liked is in Quebec. If, for some stupid reason Trudeau wins in October you can be guaranteed a divided Canada, the numbers are already 58% in favor of Alberta leaving Canada. Some groups are trying to get Manitoba to the west coast excluding the Vancouver area for a new country.

I used to think Quebec's politics was nothing but complaining; all day, everyday. I didn't miss it one bit when I moved away.
Fast forward to this day and age... Holy shit does Alberta have small man syndrome or what? They've really taken whining and playing the victim card to the next level... just won't ever shut up.

This has to be one the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Building a mostly empty, mostly landlocked nation focused on a few industrial sectors; mostly out of spite for the center of the universe aka Toronto and the hippies in the B.C lower mainland?

Manitoba has very little to offer. But sure, replace the transfer payments to the east coast/quebec with transfer payments to murderpeg/maniswoba.
They've got mosquitoes, polar bears, a bit of hydro power and... a shit ton of impoverished first nations. Want to sign another round of treaties with them? You know, nation to nation stuff? If you're down to make Cree an official language maybe they'll consider it!

But sure, you'll be able to take a "short" 10hr "border-free trip" east from Calgary to the wonderful riding mountain national park. They'll let you tap right into the pipeline to fill up your "deezel" 1ton truck along the way. How grand...

5224555881d5a5c0ae645af48d8ecef8.gif

I used to think Quebec's politics was nothing but complaining; all day, everyday. I didn't miss it one bit when I moved away.
Fast forward to this day and age... Holy shit does Alberta have small man syndrome or what? They've really taken whining and playing the victim card to the next level... just won't ever shut up.

Building a mostly empty, mostly landlocked nation focused on a few industrial sectors; mostly out of spite for the center of the universe aka Toronto and the hippies in the B.C lower mainland?

Manitoba has very little to offer. But sure, replace the transfer payments to the east coast/quebec with transfer payments to murderpeg/maniswoba.
They've got mosquitoes, polar bears, a bit of hydro power and... a shit ton of impoverished first nations. Want to sign another round of treaties with them? You know, nation to nation stuff? If you're down to make Cree an official language maybe they'll consider it!

But sure, you'll be able to take a "short" 10hr "border-free trip" east from Calgary to the wonderful riding mountain national park. They'll let you tap right into the pipeline to fill up your "deezel" 1ton truck along the way. How grand...

La face des séparatistes au Québec, si jamais l'Alberta réussirait a se séparer et former un pays avec la Sask et le Manitoba

priceless !

Yeah, I can see you have zero knowledge of current affairs, not worth more of a response than this. Ignorance is bliss to you.

Yeah, I can see you have zero knowledge of current affairs, not worth more of a response than this. Ignorance is bliss to you.

I’d be right In the middle of that wonderful new country of yours. But sure, I have no idea what life’s like out there.

That idea is even dumber than brexit...

The oil and gas lobby has got you and your politicians by the balls. You’re being played like puppets.

Cheers.

Spoken like a Quebecer that's gone as far west as Winnipeg.

Spoken like a Quebecer that's gone as far west as Winnipeg.

Been from coast to coast to coast and live west of Manitoba.

Alberta is stuck with a less-desirable commodity that gets sold at a steep discount. It's admittedly a sub-optimal situation economically speaking.

Alberta's response has basically been to throw tantrums when it doesn't get it's way. Let's turn off the tap!

It gets pissy that the rest of Canada won't just bend over and let them freely export it using whatever means "necessary"
How dare millions of Canadians get in the way of Big oil and 4 million albertans?

Damn Liberals, Damn B.C Hippies, Damn Trudeau and the frenchies / laurentian elites and most importantly perhaps, damn transfer payments.

Your pro-oil lobbyist/politicians then spin everything as a conspiracy by "Foreign Money" to keep Tar sand oil landlocked. OMG americans are donating money to Canadian NGOs. Cue outrage. As if big oil obviously isn't spending a single cent trying to shape opinions or perceptions...

Alberta has significant grounds for being displeased. It's senseless how people are now flocking to separatism as some sort of magical solution where Alberta gets to keep it's money and is unfettered by the opinions of the rest of Canada.

Separatism was bad for Quebec. It doesn't make sense that it would be good for Alberta.

Back