If You Don't Love Group B At The End Of This Video Then You Have No Soul

Michele Mouton, had a poster of her in my locker in high school, millennials would probably laugh but she was stunning. By far and away the best and bravest female driver ever that no one talks about. No question Group B was pretty much out of control and the drivers knew it, those cars should never have raced on pavement where they can put all the power down and cheating death at every race.

Michele Mouton, had a poster of her in my locker in high school, millennials would probably laugh but she was stunning. By far and away the best and bravest female driver ever that no one talks about. No question Group B was pretty much out of control and the drivers knew it, those cars should never have raced on pavement where they can put all the power down and cheating death at every race.
She is never talked about.. it's quite odd. Yea the drivers knew the cars were death traps but the Audi's were slightly less death trappy vs the Lancias..

Last edited:
Michèle Mouton, never talked about? Seems like every third Quattro video (and there are a shitload on FB) is either about her or mentions her...

If you want an awesome racing woman that no one EVER talks about, try Jutta Kleinschmitt. She won the Dakar outright in 2001, overall too, not a class victory. One Dakar has more special stage km than a complete WRC season (ok, maybe not, but close).

Michèle Mouton, never talked about? Seems like every third Quattro video (and there are a shitload on FB) is either about her or mentions her...

If you want an awesome racing woman that no one EVER talks about, try Jutta Kleinschmitt. She won the Dakar outright in 2001, overall too, not a class victory. One Dakar has more special stage km than a complete WRC season (ok, maybe not, but close).
The problem is not many people outside of us hardcore motorsport people know what Dakar is. It's bad enough I have to explain mainstream stuff to most people..

Mouton is only known to again us hardcore fans. If you ask a normal to name a woman race car driver they will likely say Danica Patrick or Lewis Hamilton

The problem is not many people outside of us hardcore motorsport people know what Dakar is. It's bad enough I have to explain mainstream stuff to most people..

Mouton is only known to again us hardcore fans. If you ask a normal to name a woman race car driver they will likely say Danica Patrick or Lewis Hamilton

Pretty much sums it up. If you wanted to know what was happening in the world of Rally you had to buy the British magazines, whenever Mouton was on the front cover or in a centerfold (remember those) I would buy lol. Also watching any motorsport in the 80's and 90's was challenging pretty much only RDS had anything on rally. Even F1 was a tape delay shortened race on CBC or Wide World of Sports. Talking pre RDS/TSN coverage.

For your perusal...from last week

Pretty much sums it up. If you wanted to know what was happening in the world of Rally you had to buy the British magazines, whenever Mouton was on the front cover or in a centerfold (remember those) I would buy lol. Also watching any motorsport in the 80's and 90's was challenging pretty much only RDS had anything on rally. Even F1 was a tape delay shortened race on CBC or Wide World of Sports. Talking pre RDS/TSN coverage.

For your perusal...from last week
CTV and CBC would rotate coverage of the Canadian Grand Prix. Sometimes CBS or ABC would play races in their entirely. The late 90s got good for watching F1 you could watch on TSN, RDS. ABC for IndyCar coverage was fantastic with Paul Page calling them

My parents friends would bring me tapes of BTCC races that were recorded on a NTSC VCR. Who remembers PAL vs NTSC hilarity..

Ther is a documantary from the bbc on motor trend on demand killer years they two episode one on grand prix during the 60's and 70's and one on group b

Envoyé de mon LG-H873 en utilisant Tapatalk

Back