2019 Formula 1 season official thread

Rosberg is now stating that he believes the incident was caused by Vettel's mistake. He's right, it was a mistake that started it, but as we've learned in the past by watching many races - making a mistake doesn't automagically mean a driver has to give up a position. Verstappen, Magnussen, Hulkenberg, Grosjean and the list of drivers that make mistakes regularly and wind up keeping their position is appalling.

What happens to them when they can't correct? Wall or beach.

What I really want to know is how fast that Ferrari was going throughout. I want to see the telemetry for speed, throttle and brake. I want to see a full speed version of the cockpit camera.

Funny how the FIA can tell you the cornering speed of any given F1 car throughout any race but in this case: Mystere and boule de gomme. Telemetry not available?

Right.

I call that covering their asses. Ferrari doesn't appeal lightly, THEY have telemetry and THEY will show the FIA councel. Vettel might still get reprimanded for acting like someone who's gotten robbed, rightly so or not he did misbehave but honestly anyone here would've been worse.

I know I would've dragged that 1st place sign and brought it to the steward's offices directly.

It is time for the drivers to unite and stand up however in the modern age of "PlayStation drivers" they will never fight on the track.

Rosberg is now stating that he believes the incident was caused by Vettel's mistake. He's right, it was a mistake that started it, but as we've learned in the past by watching many races - making a mistake doesn't automagically mean a driver has to give up a position. Verstappen, Magnussen, Hulkenberg, Grosjean and the list of drivers that make mistakes regularly and wind up keeping their position is appalling.

What happens to them when they can't correct? Wall or beach.

What I really want to know is how fast that Ferrari was going throughout. I want to see the telemetry for speed, throttle and brake. I want to see a full speed version of the cockpit camera.

Funny how the FIA can tell you the cornering speed of any given F1 car throughout any race but in this case: Mystere and boule de gomme. Telemetry not available?

Right.

I call that covering their asses. Ferrari doesn't appeal lightly, THEY have telemetry and THEY will show the FIA councel. Vettel might still get reprimanded for acting like someone who's gotten robbed, rightly so or not he did misbehave but honestly anyone here would've been worse.

I know I would've dragged that 1st place sign and brought it to the steward's offices directly.

Something inside of me dislikes Rosberg. Even just by looking at his face. I always thought so since the battles with Hamilton. IMO in all the battles Hamilton was showing superior skill, while Rosberg was trying to pull cheap or in your face tricks which justified his inferiority even further. And then he justified it all by bailing the scene after barely scoring that F1 title.
imo.

Something inside of me dislikes Rosberg. Even just by looking at his face. I always thought so since the battles with Hamilton. IMO in all the battles Hamilton was showing superior skill, while Rosberg was trying to pull cheap or in your face tricks which justified his inferiority even further. And then he justified it all by bailing the scene after barely scoring that F1 title.
imo.

The only reason he won the 2016 F1 Title is because Lewis had more bad luck and car trouble that year. The engine failure in Malaysia cost him the title. Then, Nico chickened out in 2017 because he knew he couldn't fight Lewis.

The only reason he won the 2016 F1 Title is because Lewis had more bad luck and car trouble that year. The engine failure in Malaysia cost him the title. Then, Nico chickened out in 2017 because he knew he couldn't fight Lewis.
That's insane thinking. It could have gone either way that season. Nico is a worthy WDC

The stewards examined slow motion footage of Vettel's actions from the moment that he had regained control and started steering his car – and it was felt that it showed that the German could have chosen a different path than the one he took.

The footage clearly captures Vettel correcting an oversteer moment as he rejoins the track – which is shown by a sharp steering wheel movement to the right by the German.

Shortly after that, however, Vettel has dispatched the oversteer and begins steering to the left to follow the direction of the circuit - suggesting he is now under control.

But a split moment later, rather than keeping to the left, Vettel is shown to release the steering wheel which allows his car to drift to the right – cutting off the route that Hamilton would have taken had he had clear space.

The movement to straighten the wheel, which put Vettel into the path of Hamilton, is believed to be key to the unanimous decision by the stewards to punish Vettel.

More explanation to justify the penalty.
LG you can't argue with this....they did exactly what you like to do best: Use slow motion replays to demonstrate what should have been done.

It's hard for any of us to tell if it was recoverable or not....but Vettel being a world class driver that he is, I'm sure if he wanted to simulate his car being more out of control then it really was, he could.

I don't believe in conspiracies however I am starting to think the FIA is closing a blind eye on Merc and Todt is involved in all of this.

Reports out of Germany suggest that post race scrutineeting found an issue with Lewis' hydraulic system but the FIA couldn't prove it.

I don't believe in conspiracies however I am starting to think the FIA is closing a blind eye on Merc and Todt is involved in all of this.

Reports out of Germany suggest that post race scrutineeting found an issue with Lewis' hydraulic system but the FIA couldn't prove it.

I always laugh how Todt is always in the Merc Garage just like Mosley was always buddy buddy with Todt...

All this drama is laughable. VET had clearly gained control of the car a third of the way back into the track. Who cares if he saw HAM or not, he knew exactly where he was. Anybody with with mild track experience can attest to that. He didn't need to go that wide and he knew it would help him keep his position. Period. Marshals did what the book tells them to do. HAM didn't like winning like that for sure but... because of the drama, it's obvious he will get a BS penalty in the foreseeable future.

VET has a weak character as he has demonstrated time and time again. This weekend by being unable to handle the pressure of HAM on his tail and by his juvenile reaction to the penalty.

All this drama is laughable. VET had clearly gained control of the car a third of the way back into the track. Who cares if he saw HAM or not, he knew exactly where he was. Anybody with with mild track experience can attest to that. He didn't need to go that wide and he knew it would help him keep his position. Period. Marshals did what the book tells them to do. HAM didn't like winning like that for sure but... because of the drama, it's obvious he will get a BS penalty in the foreseeable future.

VET has a weak character as he has demonstrated time and time again. This weekend by being unable to handle the pressure of HAM on his tail and by his juvenile reaction to the penalty.

Assuming Vettel had control of the car - then why give him a penalty for "unsafely reentering the track"? If he had control of the car, and he blocked Lewis from passing him then where is the problem?

Drivers block one another from passing all the time. That's kind of the point of a race isn't it?

If then Vettel has control of the car and reenters the track safely since Lewis was on another trajectory, then the penalty is unwarranted.

If Vettel didn't have control of the car and reentered the track "unsafely" and blocked Lewis by accident then it's still not a penalty since he didn't have control of the car.

Nevertheless - I agree with Martin Brundle on this: They should've investigated after the race.

Look guys, telemetry and video frame 100 images per second clearly show that he slightly swerved....without that fancy move, Ham would have been in front. typique de Vettel.... comme Schumi...

Look guys, telemetry and video frame 100 images per second clearly show that he slightly swerved....without that fancy move, Ham would have been in front. typique de Vettel.... comme Schumi...

Yes, the technology exists to review all videos (hell, you can also go well over 10,000 fps) however it does raise questions, why is the regulation not always applied? There have been many instances where nothing was done. These situations should be dealt with post race, just like I mentioned in my post right after the race. In the modern era of F1, can we still call it racing?

The first reaction of a modern day driver, call the team and ask them to look into it and then file a complaint to the stewards. Once the penalty was awarded, all Lewis had to do was coast to a win. Why risk it? Had the penalty been reviewed post race, Lewis would have maybe attempted a pass and the fans not feel robbed.

This is a timed sport, these penalties can be dealt with afterwards.

La Ferrari qui a donne 5 championnats a Schumi etait la meilleure de son temps.

Comme la Red Bull qui en a donne 4 a Vettel etait la meilleure de son temps.

Et la Merc de Hamilton la meilleure de son temps.

En fait de l'ere moderne les seuls qui ont gagne avec une voiture "mediocre" ou "ordinaire" ont ete Button avec une Brawn qui sortie de nulle part, Kimi avec une Ferrari assez "ordinaire" et Alonso en Renault et Hamilton la premiere fois avec la McLaren qui est devenue une Brawn et tous ces gens il y a plus d'une decennie.

Et si ca continue le prochain constructeur AUTRE que Merc a avoir un championnat (pas cette annee...) sera pas Ferrari encore non plus. Ca risque d'etre Renault!

Ferrari arrive toujours deuxieme.

Ils ont ete deuxiemes pendant 4 ans sous le regne Red-Bull.

Et ils sont deuxiemes depuis ce temps la sous le regne Mercedes.

Checkez les ben rester deuxiemes avec Renault premiers lol...

Pkoi les règles ne sont pas appliquées? Human error j'imagine... ON les donne à des robots, aucun émotion, bingo, dans les dents...:)

La Brawn c'étais l'ancienne Honda btw, mais avec un moteur Mercedes qui est devenu Mercedes GP en 2010
Brawn GP was directly funded by Honda as Honda wanted to save face. Around 200mil USD , the keys to the factory and all the intellectual property. The story of how they had a couple weeks to redesign the car for the Mercedes engine is true, it actually fit the best and by fit I mean needed the least amount of work. Brawn had tried a Renault engine but the crankshaft was too high.

The FIA and others teams helped as they figured that "these guys will run dead last"

Toyota and Williams had a double diffuser as well. Brawns worked better though. Shane we did not have a race in 2009. It was such a damn good season. Nuts how it's been 10 years

Back