2019 Formula 1 season official thread

C’est Totto qui a chialé et non HAM.

Il reste que malgré tout l’avance qu’il a au championnat, HAM n’est plus sous les spotlights et ça doit le titiller lol

Il n’a pas gagné depuis 3-4 courses je crois

Juste 2 courses...et sur des pistes qui favorisent les ferraris...cetait meme pas une surprise

Juste 2 courses...et sur des pistes qui favorisent les ferraris...cetait meme pas une surprise
Meh Hungary didn't really favor Merc either. They just snookerd RedBull on strategy. It could have easily been a redbull victory. Singapore can go Merc-Ferrari-RBR. Leaning more towards RBR but Leclerc has the momentum

ba0b092f485fb6b7f0acde3df49bca83.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Vet is taking the Alfa Giulia/Stelvio AWD spinning on ice adverts a bit too seriously.

Leclerc will be world champion one day if he stays with a winning team, not this year I don't think because on a "regular" course the Mercs are still 1-2s/lap quicker and have better strategy.

Also I really hate Toto W and Christian Horner. After watching the Driver documentary on Netflix I've been hoping that Renault get the type of result they got on Sunday over RBR. I'm happy for Ricciardo even though they were .5s off the pace throughout the race.

Meh take Drive to Survive with a grain of salt. They also played Verstappen as an evil villian.. Toto is one of the best in paddock. Horner well is Horner

I don't argue over Toto's proficiency. I argue his manners.

Both Toto and Horner possess multiple characteristics of highly competitive leaders. Did you see Toto's wife? That woman has a nutsack. Most females wouldn't survive him ahah.
Both Toto and Horner have brought their teams to several consecutive world titles.

Verstappen is a really nice guy irl.

I used to hate on Stroll a lot because richkidgonnaf1, but honestly, with his no bullshit/no whine approach, regardless of what people say, makes him a like-able character.
Had Vettel pull out like he did on someone else (Grosjean for example), Santa Barbara TV Show would re-start airing.

Ricciardo needs to keep pushing. I'd love to Renault rise, but I believe he'd have to switch teams to have a chance at becoming f1 champion.

Stroll will be a good journeyman driver but his dad will tell him to hang it up one day.i expect Latafi to get Kubicas seat

The Williams Formula 1 team has posted a significant financial loss for the first six months of 2019 as it pays the price for its poor performance last season.

The team tumbled from fifth to 10th in the world championship, which has led to a drop in this year's income from the F1 organisation.

In addition, it has lost the income associated with drivers Lance Stroll and Sergey Sirotkin, as well as previous title sponsor Martini.

However, it has gained a new title sponsor in ROKiT, as well as Orlen sponsorship from Robert Kubica.

Nevertheless, the F1 team generated revenue of just £46.3m in January-June, compared with £60.7m last season, generating an EBITDA [earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation] loss of £16.8m, after posting a profit of £0.2m in the same period last year.

The F1 figures were offset in part by an improved performance for sister company Williams Advanced Engineering, which increased its revenue from £21.5m to £30.9m.

Total combined revenue for parent company Williams Grand Prix Holdings fell from £82.6m to £77.8m, with the overall EBITDA loss increasing from £2.7m to £18.8m.

"Our financial results reflect a challenging half year for our F1 operations, yet also demonstrated continued growth in the Williams Advanced Engineering business," said group CEO Mike O'Driscoll.

"The F1 financial results primarily reflect our finishing position in last year's Constructors' Championship and the consequent reduction in prize money (which is paid a year in arrears).

"There was also an overall reduction in partnership income compared to the first half of 2018, although we secured major new partnerships with ROKiT and Orlen.

"Although we are enduring another tough season on track, we have seen some recent signs of improvement, and we continue to attract interest from potential partners as one of the longest standing Formula 1 teams.

"This is best demonstrated by the recent two-year extension to our title partnership deal with ROKiT who will now continue with us until at least 2023."

Williams will clearly take another big hit on F1 income next year as it heads for a second successive 10th place in the championship.

However, O'Driscoll remains bullish about future prospects, stressing the importance of the 2021 regulations.

"Negotiations with Formula One management and Liberty Media regarding the future of the sport from 2021 have been productive and we believe, when finalised, will represent a much-needed opportunity for Williams to benefit from a more level financial playing field, as well as new technical regulations."

He added: "Although we continue to face challenges in a very dynamic environment, we currently believe the majority of the impact on EBITDA for the full year has already been captured in these interim results.

"We continue to believe we are well placed to respond to the challenges ahead, with world class facilities and a strong and talented organisation."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/williams-financial-loss-2018-results/4537657/?nrt=54

So the rumors were true; HAAS is trying to decide between Nico or keeping Romain. Apparently a decision will be made before Singapore.

So the rumors were true; HAAS is trying to decide between Nico or keeping Romain. Apparently a decision will be made before Singapore.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/145928/haas-struggling-with-grosjeanhulkenberg-decision

^^^I highly recommend reading the entirety of that in Gunther's voice. Much win.

"We know Romain pretty well. If he has one bad weekend, it doesn't mean that the next one is not fantastic.
If that's the best thing your team principal can say about you, you better accept the fact that you're pretty shit.
But like I said before, we only see what the media wants us to see.

Steiner said Haas is not in a hurry given that both drivers are likely to remain available.
Way to put down the drivers as the last resort for anybody out there.
Nico is fast, and so every other driver on the grid says.
Alfa should sign him alongside Kimi. His consistency would bring Alfa up quite good.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/145928/haas-struggling-with-grosjeanhulkenberg-decision

^^^I highly recommend reading the entirety of that in Gunther's voice. Much win.

If that's the best thing your team principal can say about you, you better accept the fact that you're pretty shit.
But like I said before, we only see what the media wants us to see.

Way to put down the drivers as the last resort for anybody out there.
Nico is fast, and so every other driver on the grid says.
Alfa should sign him alongside Kimi. His consistency would bring Alfa up quite good.

It surprises me that they say "its a hard decision"... It shouldn't be. Romain's a good driver but really not consistent so the choice is simple. They need consistency. It sucks but he's had a good run, hopefully he invested some of that cash so he can take an early retirement.

I still think it is hilarious that Nico would potentially end up being on the same team as Kmag hahaha... balls will be sucked.

Back