2019 Formula 1 season official thread

I doubt it's going to be run, it's gone from one private collection to another. One of Senna's actively suspended 1993 McLaren MP4/8 went for 3.7 million GBP last year, supposedly Bernie was the buyer.

What I didn't see at first glance was the interesting history bit on the auction description mentions Patrese took over that chassis mid season and this was the car that was involved in the big wreck at Estoril when he hit the back of Berger and the car went flying taking out all 4 corners of the car. Car was repaired but never raced after that. Could be a reason for the 'low' price.
The Musuem at Donnington closed and many of the chassis were given back to the teams or owners. There has been lots of stuff popping up recently. I believe they had a couple "Senna " cars

You are right though, it likely won't run. Williams still maintains that active suspension system though. It's still even by today's standards complex. It's nuts how at the factory the cars are stacked on racks like fruit. Jaw dropping to see in person

^It's good to see him looking like he's toying with his go-kart.
I am almost sure he'll be back. He's more ballsy and hardcore than Bottas for sure.

Lol Rich Energy pulled out of Haas and F1 citing "poor performance and the PC culture of F1"

Or more like the fact they have to reveal sales figures, financial info and where the money comes from to a UK court next week in the lawsuit they lost.

Meh they can afford to go it alone but sponsors are always better but this isn't the first shady F1 sponsor

Haas I don't think is in it for the long haul. I say they're gone 2021-22

^which will suck in terms of NA F1 exposure. There's really nobody else except for probably PENSKE.
But I believe Gene will keep toughing it out for european exposure of CNC equipment.
In my experience I'd go for a HAAS way before MAZAK or DMG

Storey replied this lol "UPDATE 2:26 pm EST: William Storey, Rich Energy’s CEO, responded to an email we sent asking if he could clarify what was going on. We’ll just let his response speak for itself:

I am the CEO and founder of Rich Energy and control the board of directors and all assets.
I also control more than 51% of the shares
There has been an attempted coup of my position by a handful of shareholders who have a cosy relationship with Red Bull and Whyte bikes.
These shareholders led by Neville Weston and Charlie Simpson have failed in their efforts.

All key stakeholders support the current strategy of the UK’s premium energy drink Rich Energy"

Grosjean spins in the pit lane, and then on the track, while on softs.

I am almost starting to feel bad for this guy.

Meh, at Ocon's place I would probably skip HAAS, given his current position.
I can totally see Mercedes booting Bottas though.
I don't see why Mercedes would kick Bottas. He is a good team player who agrees to let Hamilton pass when they ask him to, without throwing a tantrum. Ocon won't be like that.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

I don't see why Mercedes would kick Bottas. He is a good team player who agrees to let Hamilton pass when they ask him to, without throwing a tantrum. Ocon won't be like that.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Exactly, it would be potentially like Hamilton vs. Rosberg days.
Mercedes will still be first, with a lot more drama, racing and shitstorms. That's what everybody wants.

Back